It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
"To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?"

Answer: They run the site...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
"To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?"

Answer: They run the site...

Lol. Might be true when I come to think of it. This is also good way to collect information for future analysing bot generations to go through. In near future there are no unknown enemies...

But to the subject. Even if there are disinfo agents in this forum that wouldn't matter most of the time. There are so many ideas I don't agree with that I choose not to take them as a disinfo, but rather personal beliefs or just another far out CTs. Been watching ufology for a while now and somehow I think that maybe the disclosure won't come here at ATS.

There are many bright members here, though I also think that there are far many people who have fallen for politically or money motivated conspiracytheories. If disclosure is going to happen here it would propably come from some members that many people here view as disinfo agents. It's not the weight of the evidence that is keeping the truth from revealing itself.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

edit on 6/3/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Perhaps of interest today: Interview with Ex Russian Internet Troll Lyudmila Savchuk - Paid as a Pro-Kremlin Troll

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Do you have the impression that these trolls are actually having any effect?

Savchuk: Absolutely. The aggressiveness and the hatred spills over into the real world.

What position could be taken to counter such tactics? Deceit to counter deceit, excuses to counter responsibility - these things do not clear the waters. What answers do you seek and why? There seems only one line of response which enables the critique of agents or trolls without wilfully straying into self-defeating hypocrisy and so rendering the whole exercise impotent. I think within this murkiness all sincere answers ultimately come down to honesty and here we must start with ourselves.

The quality of your house is dependant on the effort you put into its construction.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
When someone accuses another member of being a disinformation agent or shill on a site like this it's almost always an Ad Hom fallacy being used because they've been presented with reasoning or evidence they can't logically refute.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
who put the "sin" in disinfo?
somebody has to be devils advocate
or the other half of you/us would have nothing to do

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Probably none. Just people with varying opinions...

Person 1: "I think that's a UFO."

Person 2: "No, it's not."

Person 1: "omgZ... you're a disinformation agent!"
edit on 3-6-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33
a reply to: Outrageo

The point is there is really nothing you can do if I am one, I could simply just agree with you or go the other direction and you would not know either way! It is a moot point. Just exactly what do you hope to accomplish by calling on all Dis-Info agents to congregate to your OP? How could you prove or disprove the existence of such agents? Of course if we did exist you may want to unplug your computer and cover your web cam, put on some tinfoil and lock the doors because the MIB will be there shortly to erase all your memories.

Oh and you may need this for protection!

You found another pic of the Solway Firth Spaceman!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
If you believe Roswell was a crashed alien craft, then the disinfo worked.

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

This can be taken as disinfo in itself.

As can this:

IT HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED AS EARLY AS 1988 THAT ALIENS ARE MANIPULATING HUMANITY

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tryptych

I have been on this site for ten years and I have never seen that. What I do see is eruptions of frustration and anger when someone brings a run of extravagant speculation to a halt by citing an inconvenient fact.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tryptych

I have explained the difference between real conspiracies and conspiracy theories often enough, I think. I shall not repeat myself yet again.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

When someone accuses another member of being a disinformation agent or shill on a site like this it's almost always an Ad Hom fallacy being used because they've been presented with reasoning or evidence they can't logically refute.

And when that hasn't worked a few times, they'll start a thread like this...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Why do threads like these pop up every couple of months?

We're here. We have a job to do. Get over it.

Wait....I mean they're here. Yea....

Maybe I should make a thread about how many people ask questions about shills and disinformation agents any time somebody disagrees with them long and loud. That could be interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Why do threads like these pop up every couple of months?

We're here. We have a job to do. Get over it.

Wait....I mean they're here. Yea....

Maybe I should make a thread about how many people ask questions about shills and disinformation agents any time somebody disagrees with them long and loud. That could be interesting.

Remember when these threads used to be about "Disclosure"?

Then 5 years of Evil Skeptic threads.

Maybe it's the dawning of a new age - the age of disinfo agent threads.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The thing that always gets me about this idea of having "shills" working on ATS is this:

Why bother?

Think about the amount of utter crap that is on this site, just stuff that is quite obviously total bollocks, why would they need disinfo agents, what are they going to do, post yet more pictures of Martian rocks?

I am sure that there is someone sitting in a office at the NSA who every now and then might have a little peek at what is being said on ATS and other conspiracy sites but nothing more.

I would think that they are more interested in social media sites than conspiracy sites.

Exactly my thought on the matter. It isn't like there is some huge, worldly, influential following on this site. ATS is not going to break some major news story. Sure they may monitor what is written here looking for quacks that are going to snap at some point, as one in the past has done, but outside of that, what use would it be to them?

The only person, that I know of, on ATS that may even be a recognizable name to a large portion of the US is Jesse Ventura. And we all know he isn't breaking any major stories or influential enough to do anything real.

There would be no point to having any paid shills on ATS. It is typically just paranoia that leads those here to believe that.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

I really do think some people really believe it because they don't see it as an attack nor do they believe their reasoning is unsound. It borders on delusional if you ask me. But then I apparently call everyone delusional, just ask the people that call me a disinfo agent.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

LMAO....ya caught me. So much for keeping under the radar... * sigh. *

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Oh pardon me special agent ultralight. I must have missed seeing your credentials.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hey let's create a forum and name it something that sounds official. Our main goal will be to gather information on controversial topics which deal with matters of national security.

This will greatly aid us in tweaking our social engineering techniques to their utmost potential.

As an added bonus, we can compile a list of individuals who haven't drank the koolaid.

What shall we name this forum?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I'm not talking about derailing the conversation with scientific facts but completely irrelevant and different ISSUES altogether.
I don't also follow your posts (I don't hang out in here anymore), in which you apparently explain the difference between the "theories" and actual conspiracies.

It's a completely different thing to present ideas considering the topic and just flooding the thread.. I also understand that most of the shill claims here are just based on people having different opinions. That's not what I'm talking about here.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join