It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

wanting to be attacked is reasonable?
i dont think so

so they wanted people to attack them? so, they were acting in a way that they thought/hoped would cause them to be attacked..

yeah, that should be the idea/rational behind a peaceful protest

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: reldra

if Muslims showed up armed across from the local Christian church with t-shirts that said F Christianity, for a protest...it would not have gone so well.

I don't think it will turn badly. As some of us have already said that we all for it if they do it. If they do that, it would be to make a statement about the bikers' protest. I am sure some people will overreact but in the end nothing bad will happen.

But really where do you draw the line?

People should not be afraid to wear offensive t-shirts.

I already said in this thread that I don't really care about the t-shirts the protesters at this event were wearing. However, if you really think there would be no violence from Christian extremists and these bikers that seem to show up randomly if Muslims did the same thing outside of a church, during a mass---you are naive. Most of here at ATS wouldn't go and cause it to go badly...but the country is not like 'most of us here at ATS'. It wouldn't be the t-shirts, it would be all the guns. It would, in many places be 'dead Muslim walking'.
edit on 30-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Mugly

what was the point of showing up with guns?

To demonstrate to the muslim extremists that they are not afraid. I understand it might be a bad location but that's where those 2 gunmen attended the mosque.

you cant show youre not afraid if you dont have guns?

what about the dude that organized the whole thing? apparently he is hiding now...apparently he is in fact afraid

i didnt know that showing up with guns when they really have no place means you are showing people you are not afraid.
it showed me that they are all a bunch of bulies and in fact are afraid, which is why they brought the guns.

i guess people take away different things

and the people in the mosque where they were protesting were extremists?
hmmmmmmmmm.
i thought they were just muslims minding their own business
edit on 30-5-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

maybe he really feels like nothing bad would happen if it were the other way around.
i dont see how though.

i think it would have been flip city.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
you grubers need to understand the very purpose of the protection of free speech is to safeguard the publics right of speech which at least one person will not like. Other than that don't care how Muslims feel.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

i didnt know that showing up with guns when they really have no place means you are showing people you are not afraid.

NO. They were demonstrating that muslim extremists can try with them and they are prepared for it. Makes me laugh that you think bikers are afraid of anything.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

However, if you really think there would be no violence from Christian extremists and these bikers that seem to show up randomly if Muslims did the same thing outside of a church, during a mass---you are naive.

Are you a psychic? No. You do not know what will happen. It a hypothetical situation.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

NO. They were demonstrating that muslim extremists can try with them and they are prepared for it. Makes me laugh that you think bikers are afraid of anything.

what muslim extremists?
prepared for what?

to the last part about the bikers...i dont get what you are trying to say

honestly none of that made sense so i am just guessing what you meant

more like they were prepared to intimidate and anger, hoping it would turn violent to prove their non point.
makes more sense that way
edit on 30-5-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

maybe he really feels like nothing bad would happen if it were the other way around.
i dont see how though.

i think it would have been flip city.
YEP.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

what muslim extremists?
prepared for what?

Sighs. The Muslim extremists like those 2 gunmen. They are prepared if more of those guys like them try to do the same thing.

I am clearly saying that the bikers are not afraid even without guns?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

what was the point of showing up with guns?

To demonstrate to the muslim extremists that they are not afraid. I understand it might be a bad location but that's where those 2 gunmen attended the mosque.

They attended that mosque until 2010 or 2011. Please scroll up. They hadn't been there in about 4 YEARS. I gave the link.
edit on 30-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

They attended that mosque until 2010 or 2011. Please scroll up. They hadn't been there in about 4 YEARS. I gave the link.

Oh I already know. Those 2 guys already started the path 10 years ago. Like I said it's probably a bad location.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
a reply to: WarminIndy

thanks for not answering.
im not watching a cartoon video or whatever that is.

greathouse, it is not hard to answer my question. it is also not hard to match.

take last nights protest and switch it.
muslims protesting chritianity in the exact same way.

it is actually quite easy to match.

people just dont want to answer.

warming lady was able to post a nice long winded reply that didnt answer or address my question at all.

pretty typical

What was your question again?

I don't want to go through 35 pages just to find it.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra Maybe I;m not quite done with the t-shirt issue. It is a protected right to wear a t-shirt that says F-Islam. The protest organizer used the entire word. When I was a teenager, I wore some pretty provocative t shirts. I don;t think I owned one that said F the Police, but I had some pretty bad ones. At some point, I stopped wearing t shirts like that. It is a matter of maturity. Picking and choosing what you do based on what you can do.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This event was a complete success because of the protection the second amendment. Yeah, ISIS, just try to cause some trouble here. You will get your asses handed to you on a platter!!! Way to go Phoenix!!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am not so sure. A bunch of heavily armed people standing outside of a church protesting and chanting, along with saying some very rude things, can be pretty intimidating. And as the emotions ran high, what would have happened if one of them say heard a shot or what sounded like a shot, then what? Would we be looking at a slaughter and a building riddled with bullet holes cause one of them was wanting to fire and kill who they precieved as the "Enemy"?

Protesting, the freedom of Speech, the right to own and bear arms, and the Freedom of Religion, that is all acceptable. That we can all agree on. However, there is a point when it does go too far. Most of the country would not care if these guys had a draw the prophet contest, or would be concerned about such. But to do it in front of a mosque, that is of bad taste and really does look like it is crossing a line that should not be cross. Places of worship, even in a time of war, are often considered to be off limits, and neutral, and they should be even when it is a protest against one or the other issues of the day.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

LoL

Memri? It's a propaganda outlet run by two Israelis. You can believe what you want.Not my problem. What I do have a problem with however, is you spreading lies and propaganda with the usual BS being propagated that you'd get from forums like Godlikeproduction, Pam Geller and her likes.

MEMRI FAKE TRANSLATIONS EXPOSED

Denying ignorance has gone down the toilet in this thread.

You know, it is quite funny how every time someone exposes Islam, you guys cry "propaganda"....

Why don't you watch the video and tell us exactly what is wrong in the translation. Go ahead. Oh, I forgot, you are a convert.

You mean that you picked the article up from an Islamic conspiracy site? LOL, that was indeed funny.

Let's just share this with the thread, everyone reading this, the only rebuttal to my video about Islamic teaching children to hate came from an Islamic website. Talk about propaganda.

Is that your version of Fox News?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

the organizer is so prepared he went into hiding.

bikers can be and are afraid of things too.

warminlady, how would you feel/how would you react if a group of 200 muslim american citizens got together outside of a christian center or church, some with shirts that said f christianity, some with weapons strapped to them, some with caricatures of jesus/god and started protesting?

i would like to know how you would feel about that.
how do you think the public in general would feel/react?

same thing as last nights protest, only with brown people doing the protesting

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Actually that is not far from what the reaction would be. We see it all of the time, especially in the south. White person carries a gun, no one bats an eye, but if an african american person does such and everyone freaks out.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

what muslim extremists?
prepared for what?

Sighs. The Muslim extremists like those 2 gunmen. They are prepared if more of those guys like them try to do the same thing.

I am clearly saying that the bikers are not afraid even without guns?

How many events do random bikers and guys like the organizer- that is obviously not mentally capable of tying his own shoes - need to have to see what violence will come? They had one and it attracted extremists. They had another and it attracted nothing. Is this some sort of weird test? Do they need 10 or 100 to make a percentage report? (and I am picking on these particular bikers, a lot of great biker groups show up to protect funerals from Westboro).

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join