It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

There are messed up Muslims out there but that didn't stop me to converting to Islam. What made me convert? The Quran did.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

There are messed up Muslims out there but that didn't stop me to converting to Islam. What made me convert? The Quran did.

Cool story bro.

The Koran does contradict the Bible though. That is one example. And the Bible puts a curse on anyone, even an angel, that came after the gospel age to preach something different that what had already been taught:

(Galatians 1:9) . . .As we have said before, I now say again, Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed.

Also, it teaches that in later periods of times, there would be teaches of demons that would mislead many:

(1 Timothy 4:1) However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons,

And finally, it teaches us that who ever denies Jesus as the Christ is

(1 John 2:22, 23) . . .Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father either. But whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Muslims believe that Jesus lived and was a prophet. But they deny that he was the son of God. It is funny they think that God had to have sex to have a son. I know this from my talks with different devout Muslims, and this is the reason they reject him as being God's son, because it is an abhorrent thing in their minds that God would do such a thing.

But nowhere does the Bible teach this. It shows us that God merely creates with his infinite amount of dynamic energy at his disposal, and his very first creation, and thus his son, and only-begotten, was Jesus Christ. Because, you see, after him, Jehovah God used his created son to create all other things:

(Colossians 1:15, 16) . . .He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him.

So you see the Islamic religion has to be demonic or satanic in origin, and an Antichrist, among whom there are many, such as the Catholic Church.

In any event Jesus said this about knowing the truth:

(Matthew 7:16-20) . . .By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.

The true religion is not divided against itself. A house divided against itself, Jesus said, cannot stand. And there is too much division in the Islamic religion for it to be a bearer of good fruit.

Where the spirit of God is, there is freedom and peace. Death, tyranny, hatred, liars, they call come from the spirit of Satan. The spirit of demons is also operative among the Churches of Christendom who have fought among, and murdered each other for many hundreds of years.

And it is because of those false Christians that the way of the truth is spoken about abusively.

Satan has everyone mislead. Just as God foretold would be the case.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ummm...cool...what would be even cooler...is if the contest were held...INSIDE...the mosque...and the event sponsored by the imam and his/her flock...

Now...that...would be newsworthy in my opinion...

Cue the faux rage...3...2...1...

YouSir

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Well, those same "messed up" muslims either were born into it, or converted for the very same reason.

That should make you think.

It's brainwashing on a cult-like level.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

Cool story bro.

The Koran does contradict the Bible though. That is one example. And the Bible puts a curse on anyone, even an angel, that came after the gospel age to preach something different that what had already been taught:

(Galatians 1:9) . . .As we have said before, I now say again, Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed.

Also, it teaches that in later periods of times, there would be teaches of demons that would mislead many:

(1 Timothy 4:1) However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons,

And finally, it teaches us that who ever denies Jesus as the Christ is

(1 John 2:22, 23) . . .Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father either. But whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Muslims believe that Jesus lived and was a prophet. But they deny that he was the son of God. It is funny they think that God had to have sex to have a son. I know this from my talks with different devout Muslims, and this is the reason they reject him as being God's son, because it is an abhorrent thing in their minds that God would do such a thing.

But nowhere does the Bible teach this. It shows us that God merely creates with his infinite amount of dynamic energy at his disposal, and his very first creation, and thus his son, and only-begotten, was Jesus Christ. Because, you see, after him, Jehovah God used his created son to create all other things:

(Colossians 1:15, 16) . . .He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him.

So you see the Islamic religion has to be demonic or satanic in origin, and an Antichrist, among whom there are many, such as the Catholic Church.

How smart of Satan of creating a religion that hates him when the following must be recited whenever reading the Quran or praying.

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
I seek refuge in God from Satan

That's quite a contradiction.

And to what you said about Muslims believing that sex is required in order for God to have a son, that isn't the main problem. In Islam, God is the source of all power, knowledge and wealth and is unlimited in mercy and forgiveness. God was the first when nothing existed and will be the last when this universe ( and the other 6) come to an end. God does not a need a partner or mortal being, or the angels. He was there when nothing else was in existence.

It is required in Islam to believe in Jesus Christ, the prophets that came before him and the last one that came after him to deliver the final message. None of these individuals are equal to God. There's nothing like God.
The truth is clear from falsehood.

God says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And God hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]

Have a nice day

edit on 30-5-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

a reply to: poncho1982

You CAN draw as much as you can and that's coming from a Muslim. At the end of the day, nobody has got the slightest clue of what Jesus or Muhhamed looked like. So getting offended over a silly drawing that isn't even realistic is silly. Wearing a shirt saying FU**K ISLAM! in front of a Mosque is offensive, or shouting Heil Hitler in a Jewish neighborhood is far from free speech. but anything anti-Muslim seems completely fine though.

But if you are truly a muslim, and you converted because of the quran as you say, then you should be fighting against those that pervert the word you believe in, not those that are calling out that very perversion. Because there is no passage in the quran about pictures of muhammed. It's a sunni hadith that says that

As far as the t-shirts go, well, that is the price we pay for freedom of speech, you HAVE to take the bad with the good. That's the deal, and exactly why we have it. Just because it might offend you, is meaningless. Being offended is YOUR fallacy, not the person in the shirt.

And have you ever heard of the Neo Nazis? Yeah, they tell Jewish people all the time "Hail Hitler" Do they then behead them, or burn them alive for it?

Again, the bad with the good. Speech after all, has no form, and cannot hurt you. It can only affect your feelings, and that's all on you.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

I've been a victim of these sort of crazy Muslims before and after my conversion. The world isn't black and white. Culture and greed seems to override everything. A Muslim woman in Pakistan was recently beaten to death by an angry mob for apparently burning the Quran. The truth was that she told a local Imam to stop committing Bidah( perversion of the religion, which he was). He got angry and started shouting that she'd burn the Quran and the lady was then beaten to death. A true martyr in my eyes.

To add to what you said about the hadith. What are hadiths? Hadiths are simply passed on sayings. Are hadiths important? Yes they are. However, hadiths are not divine, neither is it the word of God. God promised to keep the Quran unaltered which is it even today. The same promise was not made to the hadiths. So what does this mean then? It means that if an hadith contradicts the Quran, then it's safe to dismiss it, regardless if the hadith is considered weak or strong in its authenticity. Most Muslims today have lost that basic critical thinking. I am not a Quranist. I don't reject all the hadiths, just the ones that contradict the Quran and the way the Prophets lived.

edit on 30-5-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i just reread this thread in all its glory. I feel like having a kabob now.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra The point is he can if he wants to. Thats what freedom is. If you get offended tough, grow up, walk on.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

a reply to: WarminIndy

That's the biggest load of crap I've read here in ATS.

Uhmmm, Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of ISLAM.... 

Liar. Saudi Arabia didn't exist 1400 years ago.

Islam is merely the political arm of the Quraysh tribe. And I can prove this from the Quran...because Quran 106 is called..wait for it..guess what it is....that's right, Quraysh. 

That verse was directed at the Quraysh tribe and suddenly Quraish owns the Quran as a political arm?

Excuse us...Exactly where is Mecca and Medina?

Why does the Quraysh get special treatment in the Quran? You are a convert, right? Because you think the Quran is true, right.?

What language is written in the Quran? Arabic.
What language are you taught to speak for the shahada? Arabic.
What country in the Middle East still has Arabic in its name? Saudi Arabia.

So then, the birthplace of Islam....Saudi Arabia.

Yes, absolutely you converted to a tribal political religion of the Quraysh tribe. You got bamboozled.

You must not have researched it much before you converted.

But then, because the Quraysh rejected Mohammed claiming to be a prophet, Mohammed started a family feud. See, Mohammed took it upon himself to dictate that everyone should follow Hubal (the actual name of the idol they called Allah)

Think clearly here now...the Quran verse posted contradicts itself in its own history. The verse says that the Quraysh tribe finds......safety........in.......the ka'aba. And yet, the Quraysh that Mohammed was born into, he fought a battle to defeat Quraysh, HIS OWN TRIBE.

Battle of Badr...
Mohammed raiding caravans of Quraysh....

Do you not see now that either your Quran is wrong, or that Mohammed wasn't the author of the Quran?

Hmmm, did Jesus start a war with the Jews? Nope. Did Jesus start a war against the early Christians? Nope. Did Jesus start a war with the Romans? Nope.

But Mohammed started a war with HIS OWN people, and that's the leader you declared in your shahada, so therefore the shahada is your allegience to the Quraysh tribe and the god of the Quraysh tribe, established through raiding caravans, killing people and having wars.

Now can you tell us how this was established as a religion of peace? No, it was political from day one.

edit on 5/30/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have a question and one that should be considered:

After taking a look at the pictures, who is more threatening: A bunch of unarmed people or a bunch of people who are carrying firearms?

If the reverse was true: A christian church being protested by a bunch of angry people carrying firearms, would that be acceptable?

How about a demonstration of say Satanism in front of a church on a Sunday morning as people were walking up to worship, would that be alright?

Those are the kinds of questions that will have to be answered now, as the door is opened up. How long till people decide that this is acceptable and start doing such? And like a bad self fulfilling prophocy, this group like so many others acting out of fear and a bad reaction, is laying the groundwork for what the more conservative extremist claim. And who will be to blame, and who will they blame for the results?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

better yet, lets see what happens if a huge group of muslim american citizens were protesting outside some christian center or catholic church.
what if they had shirts that said eff christianity while they protested with guns on their hips and slung across their backs.

it would be a god damn national emergency....

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
I have a question and one that should be considered:

After taking a look at the pictures, who is more threatening: A bunch of unarmed people or a bunch of people who are carrying firearms?

If the reverse was true: A christian church being protested by a bunch of angry people carrying firearms, would that be acceptable?

How about a demonstration of say Satanism in front of a church on a Sunday morning as people were walking up to worship, would that be alright?

Those are the kinds of questions that will have to be answered now, as the door is opened up. How long till people decide that this is acceptable and start doing such? And like a bad self fulfilling prophocy, this group like so many others acting out of fear and a bad reaction, is laying the groundwork for what the more conservative extremist claim. And who will be to blame, and who will they blame for the results?

As a Christian, I would not care if they were protesting. I would only be worried if they were shouting "Kill the Christians!".

If they were protesting where I was at church, I would suggest a fellowship dinner and invite them to eat. They would probably get hungry with all the protesting. In fact, I would probably invite them in to come and sit in the cool air conditioning if it were too hot out, or maybe come inside if it were too cold.

The reason the church interior is called a sanctuary, because sanctuary means this...

a place of refuge or safety.

They can protest all they want outside, but if they need sanctuary, they can come in and sit and be respectful inside.

The sanctuary is for everyone to find a place to sit and be warm or cool, depending on the weather. The sanctuary is also where people can find comfort if they need it.

Protest all they want outside, we will still open the door of sanctuary to them. But first we would ask them to not bring weapons in, because the sanctuary is not a place for weapons.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Sometimes the truth hurts. I wonder how many of WarmIndy's claims would be denied by the third party involved?

Also wondering whether you are completely ignorant about Iran, or you just buy into all the naive globalist pap floating around.
my friend , this thread has nothing to do with Iran , Israel , or any other country except US of A .

I work 12 hours a day and when i come back home i enjoy socializing with others thats why i signed up here in the first place .

i don't take comfort in replying to the rants of others 24/7 . so thanks , but no thanks . the "third party involved" will refrain from that .

=======================================

so the "demonstrations" was finished alright ? what happened now ? how much freedom did they get from that ? showing up to a demonstration with M4A1 and grenade launcher is their understanding of freedom ? yeah we get now . you're free to insult others . you're free to bring guns outside a place for preaching the lord , cause at this point you're not a threat . you're just an activist .

dude we've got different takes on this . in a similar situation here in Iran to draw the cartoon of Jesus (PBUH) outside the grand church of tehran with the haters bringing guns , i'd for sure be on the other side of this . even ignoring the fact that the government will never allow such a hater demonstration in the first place .

but what do i know ? maybe this version of freedom is better than having morale . better than having a heart .

kudos to the US citizens on the other part of the line . who took time (their personal time) to show everyone how great they're .

#Respect

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

i say good on you.
you seem like the exception, not the rule.

i think for the most part if there was a protest like i mentioned above outside of a church people would be freaking out.

i can picture it now...

muslims with guns and signs outside of a church.......in america........

thats the end of the world

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

what happened?

they showed how tough they are.
they proved they are allowed and can speak(with actual words. and signs and shirts) hate
they proved they can carry their big ass guns cause they are allowed

so basically they proved they are mentally 6 years old.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
If I saw a kid poking a wasp nest with a stick, I wouldn't stop them and if an angry wasp stings them I wouldn't show any sympathy.
Would if they were allergic and didn't know it? That is a scary thing.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

So curious why people think this would be OK.

Yeah now you see why. The First Amendment and the freedom of speech override anything. This is what makes some people mad.
I know what you mean. At the first 'art show' , if that was what one could call it, there was violence. If this has a good chance of causing violence or injury, it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that is not protected speech.

No.

Yelling fire in a crowded theatre was meant to cause harm.

drawing pictures is drawing pictures.

If there is any harm it will come from outside.

So then you think Isis should get to decide how you li e your life here in america?

Because you are demanding we self sensor so we don't offend them.

Screw them, and anyone who tries to tell me I can't do a perfectly legal activity.

The Muslim nutjobs can get bent or get over it.

Hell I'm going to draw a picture of Mohammed now, just to make you and Isis mad.

This is not just drawing pictures. They decided to do this outside of a mosque, during evening prayers. The organizer told people to 'come armed'. Now the organizer is upset that he has to put his family 'in hiding' as he has received death threats. The event and location was just the dumbest idea ever. They picked a random mosque to retaliate against actions taken by extremists (both now dead) at an unrelated event.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Anubis259 You misread what I write. Free speech is protected. People were allowed to make poor decisions if they want to. I never said it wasn't allowed.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That would be natural selection at work.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join