It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly
The link I gave is to a series of videos on the event and cartoons. It is 3rd in the series. There is also a former FBI/CI A counterterrorism man in the interview and he basically says the event was 'playing into ISIS's hands and would bolster recruit efforts by them- in regard to underscoring that there is a 'war between the western world and Islam', though our troops attempt to help Islam governments and the protest organizer was a marine. People can argue as to why we are in Iraq and Afghanistan, but in regard to ISIS the intelligence expert says the event was a dumb idea. CNN Ritzheimer

Again, it is the 3rd video under this url

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Your dead on imho, they are trolls so to speak..but it is everyones right to be an ahole if they choose. If a bunch of muslims surrounded a church wearing cute tshirts and armed..people would of been lighting their hair on fire so to speak.
I think this particular mosque was attended by the 2 wingnuts who were killed at the last cartoon event..I believe that is why this mosque was chosen.

The 2 that attacked in the Garland incident had attended the Phoenix Islamic Community center until 2010 or 2011. That can be found in CNN video series re the cartoons Dated May 4.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: reldra

If this has a good chance of causing violence or injury, it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that is not protected speech.

We are on the level. I don't think that will happen but I can see why you and other are afraid. We will not bow to those people. We have the right to freedom of speech. By those people I mean those extremists.

I'm not bowing by thinking an event like this is ludicrous. I used to think it was OK to burn the US flag. Not that I was going to go out and do it, but I would see American protesters do it to protest the government. Now, I think it may not be ok. Allowed, but a poor damn idea. It is still just cloth, I can love my country without a piece of cloth. But burning it may incite violence. I am not in fear, I just don;t want to incite or create violence as a matter of course.
edit on 30-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

As much as this guys is a douchebag, his family should not be threatened. His children deserve a safe place to grow up and not suffer for the stupidity of their father. He's an a**hole, not his children or wife.

agreed.
but hey, since we(he) are dealing with 'those crazy muslims' maybe he should have thought about his family before he went all charlie bronson.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

of course it does.

what good could have come from this?

they act like idiots with their hate slogans and their protest. the muslim crowd erupts with violence.
see that see that. they are evil and violent

nothing happens at the protest. no violent reaction from the muslim crowd.
next day threats come in. from who? from where?
dont matter.
see that see that. im getting death threats for doing nothing at all.

nothing positive is coming from their little rally.
sane, grounded people already knew that though

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

As much as this guys is a douchebag, his family should not be threatened. His children deserve a safe place to grow up and not suffer for the stupidity of their father. He's an a**hole, not his children or wife.

agreed.
but hey, since we(he) are dealing with 'those crazy muslims' maybe he should have thought about his family before he went all charlie bronson.
He didn't think. If anyone found his CNN interview, he is without brain cells. I feel sorry for his family. He caused this. I also don;t think his family is a target. He says 'credible threats' in the interview, but credible to him. I don't think he can assess credible threats.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

agreed.
He didn't think. If anyone found his CNN interview, he is without brain cells. I feel sorry for his family. He caused this. I also don;t think his family is a target. He says 'credible threats' in the interview, but credible to him. I don't think he can assess credible threats.

im with ya
he probably cant spell credible threats

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No problem I will always answer any non personal question honestly .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

i appreciate that man. i mean that with no sarcasm.
i do the same even if it makes me come off like an a hole.

i wanted to see what a certain few members would say but as i figured, they have not said anything.
in fairness, it is saturday so maybe they are doing the family thing or something.
benefit of the doubt

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I saw that interview when it first aired . In my opinion he was one of the dumbest people to ever appear on CNN . Lol

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
They have every right to assemble peacefully, and draw cartoons of anything or anyone they want. No, it isn't anything like yelling"fire" in a theater, and is protected speech. The so-called "religion of peace" people can deal, and prove it. When they block city streets for prayer, do they worry about who that offends? Freedom is for all, not just them.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

i appreciate that man. i mean that with no sarcasm.
i do the same even if it makes me come off like an a hole.

i wanted to see what a certain few members would say but as i figured, they have not said anything.
in fairness, it is saturday so maybe they are doing the family thing or something.
benefit of the doubt

Honestly I noticed that reaction with many people in General .
Somebody forms an opinion. Then someone ask them a question about their opinion. The person being question many times fears to answer that question honestly because they feel it might detract from their opinion so they avoid it .

It is a very irritating tactic that in my opinion shows that they don't fully believe in what they're saying .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

it is irritating.
i think they probably do believe in what they are saying but when asked directly they will not answer directly because it will show that they are a hypocrite.

you know
they will answer the question with other questions or detract and deflect with other stuff.
or make up all kinds of reasons as to why they wont or cant answer

i mean why not just answer honestly?

glad im not the only person who sees that it happens

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Some peoples opinions are so fragile. That they fear to give even 1 inch for fear that their opinion will collapse .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
They have every right to assemble peacefully, and draw cartoons of anything or anyone they want. No, it isn't anything like yelling"fire" in a theater, and is protected speech. The so-called "religion of peace" people can deal, and prove it. When they block city streets for prayer, do they worry about who that offends? Freedom is for all, not just them.
No one questioned the right. You don't understand the idea of the thread. It is close to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater, as it was needlessly provocative, the protesters were called to come 'armed' and at evening prayers. As others have said, if Muslims showed up armed across from the local Christian church with t-shirts that said F Christianity, for a protest...it would not have gone so well.
Just like my example that I used to think it was OK to burn the flag. I can love my country without a piece of cloth, I don't own a flag. It is allowed, but it is needlessly provocative and I don't want to incite violence. Others have deep feelings on that subject that differ from mine.
edit on 30-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
what was the point of showing up with guns?
is there any more to it than 'cause they can'?

im curious as to why they felt that had to bring the steel with them to a peaceful protest.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Because they wanted someone to attack them and so they came ready for it.

Which after Texas is somewhat reasonable I guess.

Still does kind of fly in the face of peaceful when you bring guns.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

is there any more to it than 'cause they can'?

im curious as to why they felt that had to bring the steel with them to a peaceful protest.

I don't know that I can find the video now, but a reporter interviewed a man on the street that showed up with 2 guns. He rambled pretty aimlessly about wanting to show support for the 1st and 2nd amendments in one place. He sounded a little scary.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

if Muslims showed up armed across from the local Christian church with t-shirts that said F Christianity, for a protest...it would not have gone so well.

I don't think it will turn badly. As some of us have already said that we all for it if they do it. If they do that, it would be to make a statement about the bikers' protest. I am sure some people will overreact but in the end nothing bad will happen.

But really where do you draw the line?

People should not be afraid to wear offensive t-shirts.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

To demonstrate to the muslim extremists that they are not afraid. I understand it might be a bad location but that's where those 2 gunmen attended the mosque.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join