It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says ‘live anthrax’ inadvertently shipped across US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Your doc will start running in circles with jazz hands if your beta hydroxy levels go over 3.5.

If you ever hit 20, you probably won't have to worry about the infection. Or anything else.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Your doc will start running in circles with jazz hands if your beta hydroxy levels go over 3.5. If you ever hit 20, you probably won't have to worry about the infection. Or anything else.

Hitting 16mmol/L is pretty common and safe, but usually the body will produce insulin to down regulate to 4 or 8.

We have hit higher than 16, the trick is to not exceed bicarbonate buffer capability by eating basifying food, and even go back to carb food if the level does not drop.

But I was expecting some comment on the paper you requested, perticularly on reference given on the topic of starvation and infection.

Not to hijack the thread, feel free to continue discussion on my low carb thread.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Didn't have time to give it the time it deserved. I only have a few minutes in the evenings if I'm on that night.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So far the investigation has revealed the Anthrax was sent to several US labs, S.Korea, Australia, and just announced, Canada.

Canada receives U.S. live anthrax samples by mistake

I been following this story since it was first announced and managed to collect a couple of interesting links along the way.

Looks like they been shipping this stuff around the world since at least 2008 ...

Following the discovery that 22 shipments of live anthrax had been sent over the past year to private labs and a U.S. military facility in South Korea, a lab in Dugway, Utah, where the samples originated, went back and checked further into its inventory, according to a Defense Department official.

It discovered a still-live batch of anthrax from 2008. Records showed some had been shipped to Australia, but the official could not immediately verify if the shipment had been made in 2008 or 2009, or whether the spores in the shipment to Australia were found to be live. The official said the Australians were notified.

Army may have shipped live anthrax to Australia

American admits live batch of anthrax sent to Australia in 2008

And this about S.Korea. Seems a bit extreme to be spreading Anthrax around exposing people for a test.

Why was the Army sending anthrax to South Korea? To help test new detection gear. In April, DoD officials began a series of key tests of their Joint U.S. Forces Korea Portal and Integrated Threat Recognition program. Abbreviated JUPITR, the program combines large and small devices to help soldiers detect biological agents sooner and at a greater distance. It goes beyond traditional amino acid-based chemical assays to use acoustic, seismic and even laser sensors. But they don’t all work at the same time.

Last August, Defense One saw one of JUPITR’s detection machines at the Army’s Chemical Materials Activity in Edgewood, Md. When a laser device spotted a chemical agent by its UV signature, it signaled the rest of the system to collect air samples for further testing.

“Recently, at one of [Dugway Proving Ground’s] massive outdoor test grids, JUPITR’s sensors were set in an array identical to the South Korea configuration. Benign microbes with characteristics similar to biological agents were released in varying scenarios, simulating biological attacks. Each scenario was electronically recorded, for playback at the South Korea operations demonstration,” a DoD press release said.

Bottom line: in an effort to better detect dangerous chemical agents, DoD accidentally put researchers at risk. The fact that the mailings took place over an entire year also suggests departmental errors, on top of a disturbing inability to detect anthrax.

This Is Why The Army Sent Anthrax To South Korea, Australia, and 11 States

And one more article ... This happened yesterday morning in Manly and Woolongong Australia

The Manly Council building was evacuated on Monday morning after a box containing a white powder and the word "anthrax" on its lid was delivered.

Manly Council evacuated due to anthrax scare

HAZMAT crews were called to Wollongong City Council’s Burelli Street headquarters on Monday morning after an envelope containing an unknown powder was delivered to the premises.

HAZMAT crews rush to Wollongong City Council after suspicious envelope found

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
But I was expecting some comment on the paper you requested, perticularly on reference given on the topic of starvation and infection.

Read it. Interesting, but some of their info and conclusions are incorrect in the light of what we know today. I'm a bit surprised that there doesn't seem to have been any other investigation, it would be interesting to see some tests in vivo.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

some of their info and conclusions are incorrect in the light of what we know today.

Would you mind to elaborate?

I'm a bit surprised that there doesn't seem to have been any other investigation

Me too! But I strongly suspect that the reason is that there is no money to be made there...

it would be interesting to see some tests in vivo.

I only can offer an anecdotal evidence. A chronic urinary infection by multiples bacteria having antibiotics resistance and complicated by stone forming strain. Nothing could get rid of it. After just 10 days of ketogenic diet, it is gone and no recurence since ~1 1/2 years, as long the subject stay ketogenic. Only one day of excursion from the diet, and the odor and symptom come back. It is like it put bacteria in inactivity mode, they are still there but do nothing...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

some of their info and conclusions are incorrect in the light of what we know today.

Would you mind to elaborate?

They didn't know about the sirtuin pathway.

That's why you see life extension with food restriction. Not ketone bodies.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is, perhaps, so they can disavow involvement in any future anthrax attack using us military laboratory strains.
Much like the military strain used post 911 from a lab been part of a secret program that studied the dispersal of pathogens in us populations and experimented on US citizens and prisoners of war to the point of death, assassinated at least one US citizen, and tested anthrax against North Korea. Look up Code Name Artichoke.
Of course the attack was a lone wolf from that very same lab, coincidence, or unlikely?

a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

They didn't know about the sirtuin pathway. That's why you see life extension with food restriction. Not ketone bodies.

The paper is about ketone bodies effect on bacteria and nothing else. This is not because there is a little mention on longevity in the introduction that the paper is about longevity. In fact that increase in longevity may have been thought to be due to less infection, or as you said, due to still undiscovered sirtuin role. But still the paper is about antibacterial effects.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join