It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says ‘live anthrax’ inadvertently shipped across US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The Pentagon revealed Wednesday that "live anthrax" was shipped, apparently by accident, from a lab in Utah to nine other states.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren assured that "there are no risks to the public" and said an investigation is under way. But a defense official also told Fox News it is unknown at this time whether anyone was exposed to the live samples.

All samples are in the process of being collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Pentagon says ‘live anthrax’ inadvertently shipped across US

Whoops....now there was a MAJOR accident just waiting to happen....this is likely going to disappear from the news soon!

Live Anthrax is out there.....in 9 states! Texas, Maryland, Wisconsin, Delaware, New Jersey, Tennessee, New York, California and Virginia.

Hopefully nobody with nefarious thoughts got a hold of any of them prior to being locked down.

Talk about a major F-up!
edit on 5/27/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Ooopsie!
How inadvertent of us.

I guess we should be thankful that they don't inadvertently drop nukes on us.

edit on bu312015-05-27T15:03:10-05:0003America/ChicagoWed, 27 May 2015 15:03:10 -05003u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Ooopsie!
How inadvertent of us.

I guess we should be thankful that they don't inadvertently drop nukes on us.

Ha....I am not ruling that out. This just seems like a really bad mistake....not even sure how that could occur.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes, there apparently are not enough safeguards.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Yes, there apparently are not enough safeguards.

I like how they state there is no risk, yet they are not sure if anyone has been exposed at this time.....Hmmmm....how does that work again?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
sure nothing can go wrong
can go wrong
can go wrong

why even tell us

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Feds preparing for the next post-terror attack Anthrax letter campaign?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Feds preparing for the next post-terror attack Anthrax letter campaign?

Yeah...I can see it now....well we were able to secure 6 out of the 9 shipments....it turns out 3 are missing...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Just curious is dead anthrax any better? I know absolutely nothing about it other than I think it comes from sheep somehow, is that true? Any how this doesn't seem like a good thing. Another question, what happens to anthrax if it gets in the water by way of flood or purposely put into the water system, can it kill if you ingest it that way or does it become diluted to the point of no harm?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33

Just curious is dead anthrax any better? I know absolutely nothing about it other than I think it comes from sheep somehow, is that true? Any how this doesn't seem like a good thing. Another question, what happens to anthrax if it gets in the water by way of flood or purposely put into the water system, can it kill if you ingest it that way or does it become diluted to the point of no harm?

No idea personally. Both seem like a bad idea to ship across the country to me...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I guess someone needed to be silenced. Guess we will find out who very soon!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Pentagon Spokesperson assured that there are no risks to the public. Meanwhile,

a defense official also told Fox News it is unknown at this time whether anyone was exposed to the live samples.

Yet another prime example of g0v officials lying through their teeth because the public "doesn't need to know the details" or whatever their excuse might be.

Shipped to NINE different states, LOL ever heard of the term "Well, it's good enough for g0vernment work,"

link   

I'm in Virginia. Anyone want to come over for dinner?

link   
Oops, they seem to have trouble with this particular bug over and over again:

Update: July 19, 2014

CDC Director Tom Frieden has issued a moratorium on the transfer of any infectious agents (active or inactivated specimens) from any of its biosafety level 3 (BSL-3) or BSL-4 laboratories to any other facility, inside or outside of CDC. This moratorium will remain in place pending review by a CDC laboratory advisory committee.

CDC Lab Incident: Anthrax, June 2014

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

They thought the envelopes contained party invitations.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

They thought the envelopes contained party invitations.

Yeah...I heard the party was to die for!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Oops, they seem to have trouble with this particular bug over and over again:

Update: July 19, 2014

CDC Director Tom Frieden has issued a moratorium on the transfer of any infectious agents (active or inactivated specimens) from any of its biosafety level 3 (BSL-3) or BSL-4 laboratories to any other facility, inside or outside of CDC. This moratorium will remain in place pending review by a CDC laboratory advisory committee.

CDC Lab Incident: Anthrax, June 2014

Is there any info on that moratorium being lifted? If not, someone is going to be in some deeeeeeep doo doo.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

People get infected with anthrax when spores get into the body. When this happens, the spores can be activated and become anthrax bacteria. Then the bacteria can multiply, spread out in the body, produce toxins (poisons), and cause severe illness. This can happen when people breathe in spores, eat food or drink water that is contaminated with spores, or get spores in a cut or scrape in the skin.

Certain activities (described below) can increase a person’s chances of getting infected.

How People Are Infected

It's not contagious between people, except in extremely rare instances where it states the cutaneous type might be transmitted person to person.

Dead Anthrax, is just that, spores which would not be viable to reproduce.

I was wondering the same thing
edit on 27-5-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I see Jade Helm 15 becoming very interesting. I wonder why they felt the need to ship that **** to Texas?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm immune fron vaccinations!

wait.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join