It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says ‘live anthrax’ inadvertently shipped across US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: spiritualKat33

People get infected with anthrax when spores get into the body. When this happens, the spores can be activated and become anthrax bacteria. Then the bacteria can multiply, spread out in the body, produce toxins (poisons), and cause severe illness. This can happen when people breathe in spores, eat food or drink water that is contaminated with spores, or get spores in a cut or scrape in the skin.

Certain activities (described below) can increase a person’s chances of getting infected.

How People Are Infected

It's not contagious between people, except in extremely rare instances where it states the cutaneous type might be transmitted person to person.

Dead Anthrax, is just that, spores which would not be viable to reproduce.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I was wondering the same thing

Oh boy! That sounds like fun....now how many water plant breaches have happened lately again? Wouldn't that be a nice spot for them to lose one!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Imagine if this somehow hit a large CA water supply....talk about REALLY screwing things up for them with the drought....ouch!

Bad CDC Bad!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Actually, this is a lot more conspiracy oriented than I originally thought. The live virus was cultivated at Dugway Proving Ground....a US military complex....not CDC. So the US military is making and shipping live anthrax all over the country? WTF?????

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I guess the CDC moratorium is only in effect for them, but I would think that "transfer from" would include accepting such items from other places?

Maybe not though.
edit on 27-5-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Okay how do the spores die? Where do they come from? And does this mean that an entire water supply can be contaminated? At what point do they become diluted?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I guess the CDC moratorium is only in effect for them, but I would think that "transfer from" would include accepting such items from other places?

Maybe not though.

yeah....that is odd. So the secret govt program at a military base ships live anthrax across the country then the CDC comes in to clean up....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sounds like an innocent mistake that could happen to anybody.

Which is why I'm sure Santa will forgive them.

Seriously, though. Scary how something so dangerous would get randomly shipped just like that.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Well, looking around. regular run of the mill Anthrax is a BSL-3 organism, if it were weaponized, then it is considered BSL-4

And looking at this, I'm thinkng it's hard to kill.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Oh crap, I guess I am going to be reading about anthrax tonight, along with that bird flu that is causing all the prices of products that use eggs (along with eggs) to skyrocket in price, guess mayo is off the list!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

OMG ungulate poop fungus everyone panic.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

dear god folks, how are we ever going to survive with out sniffing the poops. What ever is society going to do with out sniffing the poops.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i don't support shipping live anthrax around, but i guess from twisted military point of view spreading anthrax domestically can be justified. but when they shipped this stuff to south korea it became international scandal. maybe it was good thing that this thing exploded to their faces. my tinfoil hat is picking up "north korean anthrax attack" witch we just barely evaded.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Actually, this is a lot more conspiracy oriented than I originally thought. The live virus was cultivated at Dugway Proving Ground....a US military complex....not CDC. So the US military is making and shipping live anthrax all over the country? WTF?????

Because it is one of the most secure locations in the country???

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Because it is one of the most secure locations in the country???

So is CDC and they have a moratorium on shipping live/dead anthrax to any location......

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

OMG ungulate poop fungus everyone panic.

OMG this is a conspiracy forum....OMG OMG OMG....maybe you are in the wrong place......OMG!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Okay how do the spores die?

Slowly. Anthrax can persist in the right environments for years.

Where do they come from?

Anthrax parents? A big bio-reactor? You grow yourself some B. anthracis in a big bioreactor, you cause it to form spores (anthrax will do this if it 'thinks' that conditions are no longer favorable, think of it as hibernation, bacteria style), you mill the spores with 11 herbs and spices that get the powder down to single spores with some static charge control, and Bob's your uncle.

There is, of course, a lot of science in how you 'train' the little buggers to be more virulent than they normally are, how you get them to sporulate without killing a lot of them, how you mill them so that they're individual spores that don't cling to each other due to electric surface charge AND without damaging too many of them. This means, in general, that the Army did it. But we aren't supposed to be doing that anymore. They say.

And does this mean that an entire water supply can be contaminated? At what point do they become diluted?

Welp, it depends on the way you're catching it. There's three main types of anthrax infections - respiratory, cutaneous, and intestinal. Drinking it would be intestinal. You need about 10,000 spores for a gut infection, and a single gram of really pissed off military anthrax will happily kill about a third of the US, if you could get it delivered properly. In practice, it takes a lot more than that. But if you could line everyone up with a spoon full of anthrax, you could clean house. Diluted into a water supply, it's tougher to do and takes a lot more. A LOT more.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Something doesn't fit.........

Not buying this story petiod. I've had to ship parts internationally and had to take a 4 hour class to be abe to do so!!!!

Trust me when i say, when something as deadly as this, WILL GO THROUGH the most scrutiny of checks and double checks!!!!!!!

Why those states? .........those states have something in common for sure!!!! Have no idea what it is id but, the shipment was purposeful to those states specifically.

Possible lockdown Imminent...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I wonder how Bacillus anthracis would cope in the presence of ketone bodies, namely acetoacetic acid, beta-Hydroxybutyric acid and acetone, produced while in ketosis? They have strong antibiotics activity.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
a reply to: Bedlam

I wonder how Bacillus anthracis would cope in the presence of ketone bodies, namely acetoacetic acid, beta-Hydroxybutyric acid and acetone, produced while in ketosis? They have strong antibiotics activity.

Easily. What you want is doxy. Or cipro.

eta: there's a monoclonal antibody that binds the toxin, I can't remember the name. Something like fubarmaximab.

edit on 28-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Which makes it....,
....military grade!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join