It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says ‘live anthrax’ inadvertently shipped across US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Easily. What you want is doxy. Or cipro.

Are you sure? Do some info on the subject exist? We have nuked infections using ketones bodies that even Cipro was unable to do the job.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

Easily. What you want is doxy. Or cipro.

Are you sure? Do some info on the subject exist? We have nuked infections using ketones bodies that even Cipro was unable to do the job.

You'd be dead from ketoacidosis before you could deter it.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: spiritualKat33

dear god folks, how are we ever going to survive with out sniffing the poops. What ever is society going to do with out sniffing the poops.

The Polish said the same thing when the Nazi rolled right over them and kept going!!!!!

No cause for concern, move slong nothing to see here.....

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I have one person standing right next to me at this exact time that have high level of ketone bodies in her blood since more than a year continuously, and she's doing very well. Are you sure you understand the difference between ketosis and ketoacidosis?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Now I have started to wonder if this is just a CIA planted story in the media to give them justification for the Jade Helm drills to go live.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33

Now I have started to wonder if this is just a CIA planted story in the media to give them justification for the Jade Helm drills to go live.

I guess that would depend on how many of the shipments are hijacked while on CDC transport. Announcing this "accident" prior to them being picked up by CDC seems like a REALLY bad idea. "Oh....we accidentally shipped a bunch of deadly viruses to these specific locations and they are going to sit there until another group comes to pick them up and transport them to these other specific locations".....smart, let's blast that out to the news media.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I guess that would depend on how many of the shipments are hijacked while on CDC transport. Announcing this "accident" prior to them being picked up by CDC seems like a REALLY bad idea. "Oh....we accidentally shipped a bunch of deadly viruses to these specific locations and they are going to sit there until another group comes to pick them up and transport them to these other specific locations".....smart, let's blast that out to the news media.

Yea.....

My thoughts exactly!!!!! Possibly bating?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Is that a false-flag strew I smell brewing?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

I have one person standing right next to me at this exact time that have high level of ketone bodies in her blood since more than a year continuously, and she's doing very well. Are you sure you understand the difference between ketosis and ketoacidosis?

Yes. I generally stay in a light state of ketosis because I try my best to stay paleo. But a level of ketone bodies that would kill anthrax would be amazingly high. You have to doxy the crap out of it as is.

Got any legit papers on ketosis actually killing bacteria? If starvation stopped infections, a lot of people in the world would never become ill.
edit on 28-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Nixon

A draft of the BWC, submitted by the British[2] was opened for signature on 10 April 1972 and entered into force 26 March 1975 when twenty-two governments had deposited their instruments of ratification. It commits the 173 states which are party to it as of December 2014 to prohibit the development, production, and stockpiling of biological and toxin weapons. However, the absence of any formal verification regime to monitor compliance has limited the effectiveness of the Convention. An additional nine states have signed the BWC but have yet to ratify the treaty.

Truman

The 1925 Geneva Protocol, ratified by most major powers in the 1920s and 30s, had still not been ratified by the United States at the dawn of World War II.[18] Among the Protocol's provisions was a ban on bacteriological warfare.[25] The Geneva Protocol had encountered opposition in the U.S. Senate, in part due to strong lobbying against it by the Chemical Warfare Service, and it was never brought to the floor for a vote when originally introduced.[18] Regardless, on June 8, 1943 President Roosevelt affirmed a no-first-use policy for the United States concerning biological weapons.[18][25] Even with Roosevelt's declaration opposition to the Protocol remained strong; in 1949 the Protocol was among several old treaties returned to President Harry S. Truman unratified.[18]

When Nixon ended the U.S. bio-weapons program in 1969 he also announced that he would resubmit the Geneva Protocol to the U.S. Senate.[21] This was a move Nixon was considering as early as July 1969.[21] The announcement included language that indicated the Nixon administration was moving toward an international agreement on an outright ban on bio-weapons.[21] Thus, the Nixon administration became the world's leading anti-biological weapons voice calling for an international treaty.[17] The Eighteen Nation Disarmament Committee was discussing a British draft of a biological weapons treaty which the United Nations General Assembly approved in 1968 and that NATO supported.[19] These arms control talks would eventually lead to the Biological Weapons Convention, the international treaty outlawing biological warfare.[26] Prior to the Nixon announcement only Canada supported the British draft.[21] Beginning in 1972, the Soviet Union, United States and more than 100 other countries signed the BWC.[17] The United States ratified the Geneva Protocol in 1975.[27]

As far as I can tell/my comprehension says that there was only one thing to do with stockpiles of the crap...
Incinerate; end it's existence?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think it's either we kill them or they kill us. Those seem to be the rules they're living by..

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Bullcrap! Lets think about this for a sec. So they had anthrax and I assume they kept it in a safe lock-up of some kind. Someone had to order that it be removed, packaged, addressed, bundled so it wasn't dangerous, arranged for pickup and sent it on its merry way. Now...how many levels of security and bureaucracy would that have to go through before it ended up where it did? Hell...just look at the hoops you go through at the DMV. Is it even possible that this didn't happen by order of someone????

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
PS: To me...this sounds like just another test. What can they use and how can they infect a large part of the population so that those infected have to be contained (eg. incarcerated and made an enemy), the non-infected will have to worship the government for protection and give them ultimate power to "save us" from this monster they released upon us. Checkmate?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
this just confirms my belief that the pentagon created anthrax too. even they cant keep their own secrets LOL!
edit on 29-5-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is a nice little update on this story....apparently this location has a history of screw ups.....

Source

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The U.S. Army's mistaken shipment of live anthrax samples to government and commercial laboratories occurred at a military post in a desolate stretch of the Utah desert that has been testing chemical weapons since it opened in 1942.
Though military officials say they were not aware of previous problems with anthrax, the Dugway Proving Ground, 85 miles west of Salt Lake City, has previously had at least two other problems with chemical weapons.
In 2011, Dugway was locked down for 12 hours because less than one-fourth of a teaspoon of VX nerve agent was unaccounted for. The agent affects the body's ability to carry messages through the nerves.

In 1968, the test site came under scrutiny when 6,000 sheep died nearby. An Army report produced two years later out of Maryland acknowledged that the nerve agent was found in snow and grass samples where the sheep died, The Salt Lake Tribune reported based on a report that was declassified in 1978. An Army spokesman said in the late 1990s that the Army does not accept responsibility for the sheep deaths, saying state agriculture scientists never identified the cause of death.

So there's that.....and then the list grows....

Samples from the anthrax lot ended up at 18 labs in nine states and an Army lab in South Korea, leading to more than two dozen people to get treatment for possible exposure, said CDC spokesman Jason McDonald.
McDonald said four people at labs in Delaware, Texas and Wisconsin were recommended to get antibiotics as a precaution, although they are not sick. About two dozen people were being treated for possible exposure at Osan Air Base in South Korea.

So....nine states, 18 locations....nice job!

And then an expert weighs in with this....

Test facilities like Dugway are intended to develop ways to defend against biochemical warfare, which some fear could be used by terrorists, said Barry M. Blechman, co-founder of the Stimson Center, a nonpartisan global security group in Washington.
He doesn't know why they were sending anthrax and is perplexed at how they mistakenly sent live strains of anthrax.
"This is an accident that should never happen," Blechman said. "You should have double-triple-positive controls over any live, lethal agent."

Now I certainly don't know about double-triple-positive controls, but it sounds as if this virus should never have left the building, yet the army Chief of Staff says this:

Gen. Ray Odierno, the Army chief of staff, told reporters Thursday the problem may have been a failure in the technical process of killing, or inactivating, anthrax samples. He ruled out human error.

So, I guess all the controls are non-human in nature? I just don't see how this is not a big issue....

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Got any legit papers on ketosis actually killing bacteria? If starvation stopped infections, a lot of people in the world would never become ill.

Potezny, N., Atkinson E. R., Rofe A. M. and Conyers R. A. J. (1981). The inhibition of bacterial cell growth by ketone bodies. Aust J Exp Biol Med Sci., 59, 639

Abstract

The effect of ketone bodies on the growth, in culture, of Escherichia coli was investigated. Both growth and glucose utilisation were inhibited in the presence of 20 mmol/l D-3-hydroxybutyrate. Lower concentrations of D-3-hydroxybutyrate caused proportionally less inhibition of growth. Acetoacetate also inhibited growth but other glycolytic inhibitors and chemical analogues of D-3-hydroxybutyrate either did not inhibit or proved to be too toxic for bacterial growth. Citrate enhanced the ketone body effect. D-3-hydroxybutyrate also inhibited the growth of Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter aerogenes, Citrobacter freundii and Salmonella typhimurium. The possible relationship between ketone body inhibition of cell growth and oxygen limitation is discussed.

Authors report still getting some inhibitions at survivable level below 20 mmol/L.

In the presence of 20 mmoI/I D-3-hydroxybutyrate (Fig. 4 ) , bacterial growth (50 mmol/l glucose) was, after 6 h incubation, inhibited 35% for Klebsiella pneumoniae, 45% for Enterobacter aerogenes, 25 % for Citrobacter freundii and, for Escherichia coli, 23% which is of the same order of inhibition as shown in Table 1 and Figs. 1 and 2. Salmonella typhimurium did not grow well in the minimal media, but after 9 h incubation (not shown in Fig. 4) the ketone body caused an obvious 40% reduction in cell growth (control, A600, 0.63).

Ramakrishnan (1954b) and more recently Murray and Murray (1977, 1979) have stressed that human infections such as malaria are suppressed by famine but reactivated by feeding. Experimentally, it has been known for many years that underfeeding and periods of starvation in normal animals result in smaller, but healthier, animals with increased longevity (Tannen- baum and Silverstone, 1953). Indeed, it has been shown that undernutrition reduces the number of microorganisms and the incidence of disease in rats inoculated with Plasmodium berghei (Ramakrishnan, 1954b), in pigs ingest- ing enterotoxaemia-causing Escherichia coli (Bertschinger et al, 1978/79) and in mice infected with Listeria monocytogenes (Murray and Murray, 1979).

Undernutrition and. in particular, starvation are associated with increased ketogenesis and Ramakrishnan (1954a) has shown that a ketogenic diet reduced the parasitaemia associated with Plasmodium berghei infections in rats. The feeding of an hypocaloric diet was also associated with increased plasma hydroxybutyrate concentrations and decreased mortality in mice challenged orally with Salmonella typhimurium (Conyers et al, 1981). Furthermore, ketone bodies are known to inhibit the growth of normal and malignant mammalian cells in vitro (Magee et al, 1979). It was therefore decided to investigate whether ketone bodies can inhibit the metabolism and growth of bacteria.

Sure you're probably right that to eradicate an infection would require unhealthy level of ketone bodies, but any "slowing down" of an infection is a good thing, perticularly when coupled with many others factors, each giving small effect, but in the end, the summation of effects is there.

Definition of Antibiotics (Wiki):

Antibiotics or antibacterials are a type of antimicrobial used in the treatment and prevention of bacterial infection.[1][2] They may either kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria.

edit on 2015-5-30 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yeah, the incident with the VX nerve agent was what brought me here. I was still only lurking at that time and was amazed that I never saw any news reporting on the event at all.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
No risk to the public, yet people have been treated for possible exposure? This story is not getting the attention it deserves, and should be on the front page of every paper and news website, heads should roll.

I don't understand how you can mistakenly send out samples of a lethal disease, and nobody is accountable, its no big deal, move along nothing to see.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Personally I think the only goof up is they got found out. The CDC generally does not make that kind of mistake.

But of course it does. Who "caught" this?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

Recently I applied for denti cal and the phone number they gave me opened with the message, "If you or anyone has recently been exposed to Ebola, or has recently travelled or knows any who travelled recently to Africa…"

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join