It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice job Baltimore 28 shot 7 dead two days into a three day weekend. (Sigh)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

This is the best I got:
The Year in Murder: 211 murders in 2014

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

And that's the exact reasons I don't like making assumptions.

"The shootings and killings are all over the city. I don't think any part of the city is immune to this," William "Pete" Welch, a city councilman, told The Sun. "I’ve never seen anything like this."

source

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's amazing in the age of information. We can not get a breakdown for homicides on memorial day weekend in Baltimore.

Did you check the Baltimore Sun? I don't subscribe and am over my monthly limit so I can't search there.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh I will be honest. Yes there are racist cops, no all cops are not racist. I think the largest issue in police misconduct is poverty. It's a lot easier to rough up a poor person and get away with it then it is a rich person.

I agree that there are racist cops, but that is how this issue is being couched. It is only and solely racism. It flows one way. And any possible explanation for anything that may happen is always racism.

Heck, even poverty is because of racism and not because someone dropped out of high school and got knocked up with no apparent support from daddy (your own or your offspring's) at age 16.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Six people shot, three fatally, in city over holiday weekend

This year, the violence and bloodshed over the holiday weekend continued. From Friday to Monday, six people were shot, three fatally, including a 16-year-old who was one of the two Latou saw lying outside her home. Police identified the teen as Oscar Torres, who lived nearby, and his death added to a spate of homicides and shootings across Baltimore in recent weeks.

There were dramatically fewer shootings than last year, when 12 people were shot — three of them killed — over the holiday weekend, but Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said she wasn't satisfied.

"While the Memorial Day weekend this year may have been quieter than last year, one homicide or shooting is still one too many," she said in a statement.

Like I said, last year was a low year. Though, honestly, this year may just be a high year.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What a joke. Now CNN and some locals blame the police? How about stupid people quit shooting each other. I thought the locals have been upset because of too much police. Doubt the locals will ever figure out they are the problem.

You mean they should take personal responsibility?

Now that is being racist.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

There's just as many poor white people as there are poor black people. Guess what I don't even need a link to tell you more poor white people are shot by police then rich white people. I would also bet that there are more poor black people shot by police than rich black people.

The overwhelming factor is poverty in police misconduct.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

There's just as many poor white people as there are poor black people. Guess what I don't even need a link to tell you more poor white people are shot by police then rich white people. I would also bet that there are more poor black people shot by police than rich black people.

The overwhelming factor is poverty in police misconduct.

I know, but tell the press the community activists that. They craft the perceptions that create the reality however faulty it is.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

But you used that stance to defend the numbers from this year. Which are drastically higher, that's the point of this thread.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yep

I'm glad somebody brought that out.

That is why I didn't take a racist view on this thread. Yet people that tell us not to blindly follow the mainstream media are in fact echoing their sentiments in this case. This is just my opinion, but I think the mainstream media is focusing on race to take away from the poverty issue in the judicial system.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well I guess I was wrong. Sorry. I'm just used to hearing about people getting shot in Baltimore all the time. I'm become a little numb to it.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The saddest part is that we have become numb to most murders.

Because it also has the same effect on me.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I've said my solution to the gang problems in this country on these forums before, but the odds that the country will deescalate the war on drugs so the police can focus on real crimes is slim.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It's amazing in the age of information. We can not get a breakdown for homicides on memorial day weekend in Baltimore.

Did you check the Baltimore Sun? I don't subscribe and am over my monthly limit so I can't search there.

You won't get a breakdown from any media publication by race because it would be considered politically incorrect, unless of course all the perps were white Christian males.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I've said my solution to the gang problems in this country on these forums before, but the odds that the country will deescalate the war on drugs so the police can focus on real crimes is slim.

Yep, if they would decriminalize marijuana it would solve a boatload of problems. Legalizing would be even better for the economy, crime rate, etc.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

You won't get a breakdown from any media publication by race because it would be considered politically incorrect, unless of course all the perps were white Christian males.

This isn't for memorial day weekend, but it certainly is a breakdown of racial crimes by race:
Snapshot: Hate Crime in America, by the Numbers

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I was talking about car chases you racist!!! Lol

(Jk)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

I can't go cold turkey as there are financial factors involved. That said, I did make a step towards changing careers/decreasing the interactions I have with people.

I am now a police officer at an airport on a midnight shift.

I have practically 0 interactions with people.

I am pretty much a security guard now.

I finish my BA in December and that is when I will find my way out of the career.

Until then, let the schtick continue!

If you don't like it, ignore my posts. Ultimately, I couldn't give two ***** as to what you think.
edit on 26-5-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I think crime rates reflect summer temperatures. If the summer is really hot crime will be higher and if it is colder the crime begins to drop.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
In the risk of sounding insensitive....let these troglodytes kill themselves off. I mean really?!! What psychological state of being, does it take for a person to take another's life? Let them cull the idiotic herd themselves. Only the grandmothers will be left to raise their grandkids....oh wait...

So the pattern continues....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join