It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice job Baltimore 28 shot 7 dead two days into a three day weekend. (Sigh)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Youngs bucks with no viable job options might I add... it would not surprise me in the least if in the near future we see an integration of larger more serious security contracting firms (think backwater) in cities like Baltimore, Chicago and detroit.

I've noticed that over the years that the level of force that police were wiling and allowed to use has gone up substantially. I found this interesting because comparatively to the rules of engagement and escalation of force that the military use abroad, domestic police use and are allowed more leeway it would seem.

Over there we had to be pretty gentle with the detainees. Now did things happen and get overlooked? Sure as with most industries but as a general rule we had to treat them pretty well. I'm just saying I've seen American citizens treated worse than some captured combatants in some cases.

edit on CDTTue, 26 May 2015 10:14:55 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago26-05:00Tue, 26 May 2015 10:14:55 -050014 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Gun problem in the USA? Nahhhh...shhhhhh....just keep burying your heads in the sand.

And above all, keep arming yourselves...clearly, its working. LOL

This is just trash taking out trash....Baltimore did it to themselves, as have other areas.

And no.....there is no gun problem in the US. Somehow, in MY neighborhood, every person I know owns more than one gun yet we manage not to have a killing year after year....shocking I know.....

Wow...if you guys cant even admit that the US has a gun problem then ..well, im astounded by your denial. Incredible. Like children really...

Ah, well, not gonna get into another stuipid debate with gun nuts. Maybe ill comment in tomorrow post about tomorrow shooting, or the day after. No shortage really...

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Gun problem in the USA? Nahhhh...shhhhhh....just keep burying your heads in the sand.

This is just trash taking out trash....Baltimore did it to themselves, as have other areas.

And no.....there is no gun problem in the US. Somehow, in MY neighborhood, every person I know owns more than one gun yet we manage not to have a killing year after year....shocking I know.....

Wow...if you guys cant even admit that the US has a gun problem then ..well, im astounded by your denial. Incredible. Like children really...

Ah, well, not gonna get into another stuipid debate with gun nuts. Maybe ill comment in tomorrow post about tomorrow shooting, or the day after. No shortage really...

Yep...I am sure there will be many more shootings around the world tomorrow as there are every single day of the year....you should have no shortage of comments to make for the rest of your life. There are always criminals out there and one way or another, they will make the news for something.

Again....no gun problems in the US that I am aware of.....seems they function properly for their intended usage. I know all of mine do! I just tend to lean towards the non-criminal side of gun ownership, but if you'd like to lump me in to the stats, that is your prerogative.....your opinion matters very little to those that are actually in the US and understand these freedoms......

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If your not doing anything other than looking for your next victim every day is a work day no weekends.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I can't argue with any of that.

a reply to: 3dAnimator2014

Thanks for trying, here is a video for you.

Vidoe summary: I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

These are people fighting over turf. There are going to be casualties when there are opposing factions. Very few people non criminals fear or experience gun crime here.

The last 2 people I knew who got robbed at gunpoint got their wallets and phones back, without cash or batteries. One of the guys said sorry, and the other one said thanks. That's kind of how Baltimore is.

PS. No video. First time trying to link a video. Fail. Apologies.
edit on 26-5-2015 by ISawItFirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm confused... This is a standard Memorial Day Weekend in Baltimore. Just because everyone happens to be paying attention to this city now doesn't mean all the gangbangers are going to stop shooting at each other. It's just another day in the neighborhood here.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Correct me if I'm wrong but the people of Baltimore didn't say they don't want police. The people of Baltimore said they don't want police that Break the law.

There's a big difference. And when you complain about being caught doing something you're not supposed to do. That's called pouting in my book.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Not sure, I did not see a race breakdown on the shootings or death's. It's not like me to naturally assume there black though.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

When the Maryland General Assembly passed one of the strictest gun laws in the nation in 2013, gun control advocates made sweeping statements about how the legislation would prevent gun violence, reduce the criminal element and save lives. Gun advocates, who were against the Firearm Safety Act, thought that the Maryland gun law infringed on Second Amendment rights. Of concern were aspects of the law that banned 45 different assault weapons, put a capacity limit on gun magazines and significantly increased the licensing requirements for handgun purchasers including mandatory fingerprinting.

www.newsmax.com...

Baltimore has one of the strictest gun laws in the nation.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No last year in Baltimore six people were shot and three people died over the Labor Day weekend. The final total this year is 29 shot and nine kilted.

I would like to correct an error in this thread at this point though. A member posted some statistics on the murder that were quite a bit low. Not sure how that happened because his information is almost always solid. But I'm reading 34 people are killed in a year on average in Baltimore.

That's .093 deaths per day for a year. This average is 3 per day, last years memorial day weekend average was 1 per day.

I could've written that like a mainstream media reporter and said. "300%" murder rise in Baltimore memorial day weekend". (those jackasses)

But I have no agenda I'm only asking questions.

edit on 26-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

No last year in Baltimore six people were shot and three people died over the Labor Day weekend. The final total this year is 29 shot and nine kilted.

Last year was a low year for Baltimore homicides.

I would like to correct an error in this thread at this point though. A member posted some statistics on the murder that were quite a bit low. Not sure how that happened because his information is almost always solid. But I'm reading 34 people are killed in a year on average in Baltimore.

That number is WAY too low and I don't know where you got it.
Crime rate in Baltimore, Maryland (MD): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers, crime map

It's closer to 200 people are killed a year, that is unless you number was per 100,000 people because that is a bit more accurate.

That's .093 deaths per day this average is 3 per day last years memorial day weekend average was 1 per day.

Wait did you mean per month then?

I could've written that like a mainstream media reporter and said. "300%" murder rise in Baltimore memorial day weekend". (those jackasses)

But I have no agenda I'm only asking questions.

You could have, and I'm glad you didn't. Like I said, this is just another weekend for us. 2014 just happened to be a low year for us.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What a joke. Now CNN and some locals blame the police? How about stupid people quit shooting each other. I thought the locals have been upset because of too much police. Doubt the locals will ever figure out they are the problem.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Let's be honest. The public attitude all over is that police are racist, policing is racist. These cops are racist. Any cops brought in will be racist.

You wonder why the morale is in the toilet?

This attitude is prevalent all over. Right or wrong. Good cop or bad cop.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I approve of the police slowdown. If the city thinks they are so bad maybe the police need to show the flood they are holding back by slowing down.

Perhaps when they are appreciated and supported again they will fight crime. Hell I wouldnt want to do the job now when once everyone gets in cuffs they fall down like they are hurt.

It's not worth it.

Burn Baltimore . You made that bed
edit on 26-5-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Last year was a low year for Baltimore homicides.

2012 four people were killed. I can't find any other statistics. Please supply a link to that I would be interested to read it.

That number is WAY too low and I don't know where you got it. [url=http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Baltimore-Marylan

You're right that was a per capita average from wiki.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh I will be honest. Yes there are racist cops, no all cops are not racist. I think the largest issue in police misconduct is poverty. It's a lot easier to rough up a poor person and get away with it then it is a rich person.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Well I'm not.

Part of the public still supports the police as evident on this thread. Or do you support the police giving up on people that support them also?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I think the police are looking out for the neighborhoods that support them. Let the rest of Baltimore burn until everyone realizes that police work is a thankless horrible job that has to be done and that the people doing it need support.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Not sure, I did not see a race breakdown on the shootings or death's. It's not like me to naturally assume there black though.

Can't get a breakdown on this weekend, but for 2015 homicides 90/108 were black.
data.baltimoresun.com... w_results=Show+results

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Can't get a breakdown on this weekend, but for 2015 homicides 90/108 were black.
data.baltimoresun.com... w_results=Show+results

I agree with your statistics. It's just that I don't like to make assumptions it's a nasty habit to get into.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join