It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice job Baltimore 28 shot 7 dead two days into a three day weekend. (Sigh)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Who are you going to recruit to police Baltimore?

It's a tough job and it requires tough men/women doing tough things.

Shaking hands and kissing babies won't bring the murder rate down.

Kindness is weakness.

Of course they could always remove all the normal restrictions and recruit straight from the population in Baltimore for the police force. I'm sure that would end well.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Are you a Baltimore police officer? If not, how do you know what grandmakdw is saying is not true?

I can tell you this as a white police officer in Florida, in the current climate, I am in a way "scared" to even make eye contact with black people in fear of being accused of intimidating them, or acting in a threatening manner.

I am in a way "scared" of pulling over a black person in fear of being accused of racial profiling.

I am in a way "scared" of arresting a black person in fear of the chance the situation escalates to where physical force has to be used. I don't want to end up like Officer Wilson.

I am not racist, but I am being truthful here. I don't like the way I feel. It truly makes me upset with my self, and society.

I know the time is coming for me to leave this job (15 years earlier than I thought I would).

I am not saying that what grandmakdw is suggesting is 100% fact, but you cannot completely discount it.

I am a cop, and am absolutely feeling exactly what grandmakdw is describing. I work with many others who feel the same too. This really sucks.
edit on 25-5-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Funny people pointing out the rioters getting exactly what they wanted are called racists.

Truth, facts, and statistics are all racist these days it seems.

The word racist had lost all meaning because idiots use it to characterize anything and everything they don't agree with or hurts their feelings.

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Funny people pointing out the rioters getting exactly what they wanted are called racists.

Truth, facts, and statistics are all racist these days it seems.

The word racist had lost all meaning because idiots use it to characterize anything and everything they don't agree with or hurts their feelings.

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: reldra

Are you a Baltimore police officer? If not, how do you know what grandmakdw is saying is not true?

I can tell you this as a white police officer in Florida, in the current climate, I am in a way "scared" to even make eye contact with black people in fear of being accused of intimidating them, or acting in a threatening manner.

I am in a way "scared" of pulling over a black person in fear of being accused of racial profiling.

I am in a way "scared" of arresting a black person in fear of the chance the situation escalates to where physical force has to be used. I don't want to end up like Officer Wilson.

I am not racist, but I am being truthful here. I don't like the way I feel. It truly makes me upset with my self, and society.

I know the time is coming for me to leave this job (15 years earlier than I thought I would).

I am not saying that what grandmakdw is suggesting is 100% fact, but you cannot completely discount it.

I am a cop, and am absolutely feeling exactly what grandmakdw is describing. I work with many others who feel the same too. This really sucks.

Man, I'm a vet, I know a lot of cops, we talk.

Don't let this crap get to you man.

If you know your doing the right things, for the right reasons, just ignore the rest.

If it was meant to be an easy job, anyone could do it.

Some cops messing up somewhere else does not reflect on you.

Just do what you know is right, as best you can.

That's enough for anyone.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I do appreciate the kind words.

That said, even doing the right thing as a police can ruin your career, and potentially your life (Officer Wilson).

What it boils down to, is the fact that my family is more important to me than any job.

Back on topic.

When a call comes in Baltimore PD will respond.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Baltimore PD is backing away from proactive police work. Just to note, proactive police work is what helps combat gang violence.

I see many PD's reducing their proactive work, but still responding to in progress calls for service.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There is only one way to deal with gang violence and that is to change the gun laws.

I DON'T mean increase the gun laws but i mean follow gun laws like they have in Arizona.

Permitless Carry In Arizona.
Easy to get Carry Permits good in over 30 states.

Shooting might go up for a short time as the real dumb criminals get shot but in the long run crime and shooting will drop by a large amount.
Not all criminals are dumb and they will learn not to commit violence or any other crimes that will get them shot.

OR they will be fitted for a body bag.
edit on 26-5-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

Just because the truth makes someone uncomfortable, that does not make it racist.

We should be able to speak the truth in our country without being called names

The knee jerk reaction that Obama has taught our nation these past 7 years is that if you don't like the truth, call the messenger a racist, truth be da..ed, and the pesky truth teller will go away.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalfLeaf

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Wake up, this IS the reason for what is happening n Baltimore.

You are in total denial if you don't see it.

No, the real reason is the fact that some police are so poorly fit for the job that they have to resort to killing people over "crimes" that no other civilized nation on this planet sees the need to justify killing people over.

The real reason is the fact that swat teams can now raid peoples houses and when they injure their infant child in its crib, the defendant can claim "the child should have looked after it's own safety"

The real reason is the fact that killers in pretty uniforms are not held accountable for their actions in most cases.

You are in total denial if you can't see this reality. I have nothing against police, there are plenty of good guys on the payroll, I know a few that are nice guys and would NEVER beat the sh*t out of an unarmed man, HOWEVER, you are looking at a nation that is on the verge (according to many at least) of becoming a police state, and you don't become a police nation with educated officers that think "this is wrong" when you command them to blast peaceful protesters with the water cannon, for those tasks, you need as little reasoning capabilities as possible

And let it be just that, little reasoning capabilities, which is one of the main reasons why situations that USED to be handled just fine, nowadays always seem to escalate for no reason. They are paid to serve the people, not shoot them because they can't handle the fact that modern civilization has become a lot more vocal, even towards police officers.

If you can't handle the job, then quit it. THAT is the real reason behind all of this.

The problem in Baltimore right now is that the police have stopped policing.
That is what the people demanded and that is what they did and are doing.

From your description Baltimore is much better off with the police not doing their job, so you should rejoice that you are getting your way and the police are being kind and not aggressive toward people and understanding that their poverty caused them to have tantrums that must be excused, like one excuses a child who doesn't know better.

Rejoice, the police have now bent to your will.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Haven't you heard.

According to our current Administration and their representatives.

ALL police are racist.

Thats bs and you know it.
No one in any position of authority has been that divisive, people have pointed out the obvious and clear bias in many cities around the country when it comes to race and policing - you can't claim that's "not fair" when it's proven in all available statistics.

In Baltimore, the police UNION has been the one being divisive and claiming these officers should go without ANY investigation at all, and even threatening the city with strikes if anyone DARE try to hold these people to account for their actions!

The Police unions are the ones attempting to use threats to prevent any action being taken at all, if they had their way all police across the country would be operating without any oversight at all.

These officers did wrong, someone died in their custody, they need to be held to account and the union needs to start behaving in a professional way, start speaking like representatives of a public service rather than a warring party. The police are not an independent group of law enforcers, they work for the public, and the union needs to STFU when the public demands that some of their own be held accountable.

The union seems to think that if you wear a uniform you can kill and get away with it, to be honest they need a smack down.

If the police there are now incapable of doing their damn jobs they should be fired and replaced. The city should have started a recruitment drive immediately anyway, predicting that they would end up losing a lot of ignorant and dangerous officers - and good riddance to bad rubbish.

You are simply saying what I did and got blasted for a few weeks ago.

The entire police force should be fired was what I said.

Then a new force trained to meet the special needs of Baltimore
intensive training.

But I was called a racist and etc when I suggested they immediately fire the entire police force,
then recruit and train with intensive training the new police force the way Baltimore wants them to react, it should only take about 6 months to a year to properly train an entirely new force.
That includes firing the 43% of black officers on the force, and the 40% of black leadership on the force
because they allowed the racist behavior.
In the meantime, what do you propose?
The National Guard?, the military? or just let the streets simmer down because once the evil police have withdrawn, the problems will end because the police were the problem?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Obama winning the election has proven one thing..racism is alive and well.

Now people are blaming him for their blatant racism. There wasn't this much racism in America since the race issues of the 60's and lower years.

Now that there is a black president, people think racism is gone. People who are racist or ignorant seem the view PC as a bad thing as a way to suppress their ignorant views. I see it as a term for common sense.

Yes there are bad African Americans, just like there are good ones. The ignorant people can't seem to differentiate the two. They judge the whole by the few.

These people are the ones calling Obama the worst president in history totally forgetting that there have been extremely worse presidents before him, Bush Jr. is one example.

I say any president who gave healthcare to millions of people who otherwise wouldn't have is a pretty good president in my eyes.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Haven't you heard.

ALL police are racist.
The police got the message.

They are scared sh...less to arrest any person of color,
but more especially terrified
to chase or pursue any suspect of color.

So the people of Baltimore are simply getting what the protesters across the nation have asked for,
for the police to stop arresting, pursuing or chasing any person of color for any reason.

They are simply doing what the entire nation has asked of them,
not be racist
and stop pursuing people of color because they are racist if they pursue or arrest people of color.

The entire nation should be grateful they got the message
and set them up as an example for the rest of the
racist cops to follow.

Please start your own thread. This is not a race thread this is a people thread.

It is a people reaction--if people are castigated for doing a job, why try to do it? In this case, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The people of Baltimore said they didn't want police so now the don't have police and it's not working out well for them.
edit on 26-5-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Then why aren't there riots for this? I thought all black lives matter, or do they only matter when taken by a white cop.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Its been your schtick to play the saf-sack cop who hates his job around here for a while now. Why not just quit, if you're so afraid of the people you've been tasked with protecting and serving? How do you think you can police black communities when you quote in its entirety and agree with a vile racist rant?

Quit policing or quit complaining IMO.

The machine that you're a cog in is broken from the ground up. You have the option of getting out and finding something honourable to do, rather than acting as a revenue generator/tough guy for the state.
edit on 5/26/2015 by Monger because: typo.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

If you don't want to be called out for being racist, consider not saying racist things. But you know what, I get it. My grandma is racist too, but only because she doesn't know any better.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Greathouse

Haven't you heard.

ALL police are racist.
The police got the message.

They are scared sh...less to arrest any person of color,
but more especially terrified
to chase or pursue any suspect of color.

So the people of Baltimore are simply getting what the protesters across the nation have asked for,
for the police to stop arresting, pursuing or chasing any person of color for any reason.

They are simply doing what the entire nation has asked of them,
not be racist
and stop pursuing people of color because they are racist if they pursue or arrest people of color.

The entire nation should be grateful they got the message
and set them up as an example for the rest of the
racist cops to follow.

Please start your own thread. This is not a race thread this is a people thread.

It is a people reaction--if people are castigated for doing a job, why try to do it? In this case, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The people of Baltimore said they didn't want police so now the don't have police and it's not working out well for them.

Dammed is probably correct in most cases.

It cracks me up to see a cop talk about, oh I'm scared to do my job. Man, you're job is to raise revenue and ruin lives. You should be scared to poop on people's rights. Terror is what you inflict on a daily basis. On people just trying to go about their lives. Supreme Court ruled you don't have to protect anyone but yourself.

Here, unless it's a domestic, cops will show up and write a report once the scary bad guys leave.

The thing about Baltimore is the Heroin trade. This is the only thing. Baltimore is quiet when one gang has the supply. Eventually a competitor comes along, and murder rates skyrocket. Someone wins, and the rate plummets again. It's cyclical in baltimore.

It would be more interesting to have a fly on the wall of some of the gang meetings. Seems increased violence is on everyone's agenda for Baltimore, and you wonder, if the current gang challenges might have been helped along.

Some of my best friends live and work in baltimore.

Where some places it's follow the money, when it comes to crime in baltimore, it is follow the heroin.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Gun problem in the USA? Nahhhh...shhhhhh....just keep burying your heads in the sand.

And above all, keep arming yourselves...clearly, its working. LOL

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Gun problem in the USA? Nahhhh...shhhhhh....just keep burying your heads in the sand.

And above all, keep arming yourselves...clearly, its working. LOL

This is just trash taking out trash....Baltimore did it to themselves, as have other areas.

And no.....there is no gun problem in the US. Somehow, in MY neighborhood, every person I know owns more than one gun yet we manage not to have a killing year after year....shocking I know.....

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
there is no gun problem in the US. Somehow, in MY neighborhood, every person I know owns more than one gun yet we manage not to have a killing year after year....shocking I knowa reply to: Vasa Croe

Whoa whoa slow down now, talk like that may get you confused for a racist...and a gun lover

edit on CDTTue, 26 May 2015 09:56:50 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago26-05:00Tue, 26 May 2015 09:56:50 -050056 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
In baltimore it's a heroin trade problem. The people getting shot are dealers. There is more than one crew in town. If it wasn't guns, it would be bricks and bats and knives.

It'll sort itself out. Its one area where war isn't good for biz. Someone will win after a couple months.

Although I think the supply has been tweaked to arrange for this bloody reaction on the streets, and I'm sure it could be prolonged. There is no shortage of young bucks on the corner that can be used up with promises of easy cash.

For the average person, Baltimore is no different, crime wise, even when statistics are through the roof.

Most of the violence in Baltimore is criminal on criminal, and gang on gang. It's been that way as far as I can remember.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join