It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Ireland's referendum on gay marriage is a Yes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Beautiful.

A rainbow flag from the heavens

Hope they enjoy their new found freedom and party hard, the World view of the Irish will change as from today as a progressive, compassionate and forward thinking people.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Yes... the message is that these people have a mental disorder!

They should be in Mental Institutions!

Anything else and they would be...

Really don't know why the media keep portraying them as 'Normal' when they are anything but...

Talking from a Psychological standpoint of course.

maybe... just maybe, if the Media stopped reporting this as being Normal, they might go see a Doctor instead of thinking to themselves that they are normal and straight people aren't.

I really thought you were talking about the religious for a moment, then I got to the end and discovered you're actually just another very ignorant and backward person who seems entirely out of step with the vast majority of decent and sane people

Oh, and FYI, what you mean to say is "common", not "normal".
People with green eyes are not "normal" either under your delusional opinions, so do you think they should all be locked up in institutions too?
How about people with red hair?
How about left handed people?

Just where does your ignorance end?

And, thankfully, you're powerless, absolutely without influence of any kind to change anything. Society is moving on, people with views like yours are being rejected and told where to shove those ignorant views, and as a result our world will continue to get better

Sucks to be you, knowing you have no power to harm people you clearly have such an irrational loathing of.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No sale to you, your accusations and attempts at arguments.

I said this:

I am for gay people getting married and equality though not sure if there is any real point in forcing it in any religious sense.

Typically the Christian church (and most other religions) frown upon homosexuality, it is written in it's 'constitution' so attempts at changing that seems a bit backwards. Forcing 'acceptance' from religion isn't true acceptance and I don't believe in telling people how to think or feel.

Would you ask for a gay wedding at a Synagogue or a Mosque? Or is it just Christianity you want to transform?

As I said if you don't believe in the religion then don't ask for their blessing, simple.

a reply to: Rocker2013

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

There are plenty of churches willing to marry gay people, without the need to legislate it into law.

Nor would that be appropriate. I don't know why any gay person would WANT to be wed in a place that didn't want to do it anyway.

Seems counter productive to the whole celebration part. And if you want it just to prove a point, well then you're an ahole and you don't deserve to get married at all.

~Tenth

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013 I thought it was amusing coming from a member with pink panther as a avatar. He must be unaware the pink panther is a gay icon😜
I thought he was a pink panther

edit on 23-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
No sale to you, your accusations and attempts at arguments.

I said this:

I am for gay people getting married and equality though not sure if there is any real point in forcing it in any religious sense.

Typically the Christian church (and most other religions) frown upon homosexuality, it is written in it's 'constitution' so attempts at changing that seems a bit backwards. Forcing 'acceptance' from religion isn't true acceptance and I don't believe in telling people how to think or feel.

Would you ask for a gay wedding at a Synagogue or a Mosque? Or is it just Christianity you want to transform?

As I said if you don't believe in the religion then don't ask for their blessing, simple.

Listen up...

NO RELIGIOUS PERSON IS BEING FORCED TO GET MARRIED TO A SAME SEX PARTNER, NOR IS ANY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION BEING FORCED TO PERFORM ANY SAME SEX MARRIAGE CEREMONY.

Have you go it now?
Again, no religious person is being forced to do anything here, and the claim that they (are as some form of "defense" for your ignorance) is a blatant transparent lie.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Results are in and it is a Yes!!.

www.bbc.co.uk...

62% for and only one place had a majority no.
Progress

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

In the UK, for some years, gay marriages were effectively legal civil partnerships but not religious marriages and not permitted in churches. Recently there is legislation for gay marriages but some are attempting forcing it as a religious issue.

My opinion is that if the religion opposes homosexuality then simply do not ask it for a marriage blessing.

Here there has been a lot of Christian baiting about it, for example a Christian bakers was sued after it refused to decorate a gay marriage cake.

That is itself a can of worms, could you imagine all the law suits that could result as such a precedent, a person could ask a Jewish caterer to make a hog roast, a Muslim printing company to print content it views as offensive and under the same precedents it could be considered ''discrimination''. Who wants a world like that? Is that not going toward religious persecution? Did we not have enough of that in WWII.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A Christian baker who refused to make a cake bearing a pro-gay marriage slogan has said she 'knew in her heart' she could not make the order.
Belfast-based Ashers Bakery refused to make a cake featuring an image of Sesame Street puppets Bert and Ernie below the motto 'Support Gay Marriage'.
Karen McArthur, one of the owners, gave evidence on the second day of the high-profile legal action being heard in Belfast's County Court.
Mrs McArthur told the court: 'I knew in my heart that I could not put that message on the cake.'
Northern Ireland's Equality Commission took the case against family-run Ashers Bakery on behalf a gay rights activist customer whose order was declined.
Gareth Lee, a volunteer member of the LGBT advocacy group Queer Space, claimed he was left feeling like a 'lesser person' when his order was turned down.
It had been ordered for a private function marking International Day Against Homophobia last May.
Mr Lee told the court yesterday that he was left 'shocked' and in 'disbelief' when Mrs McArthur rang him and told him she would not be processing the order he had already paid for.
Today Mrs McArthur told the court: 'The problem was with the message on the cake because, as a Christian, I do not support gay marriage.'
District judge Isobel Brownlie heard that nine members of the McArthur family work in the business, which makes and delivers cakes across the UK and Ireland.
Mrs McArthur and her husband Colin, who belong to Dunseverick Baptist Church, are the only shareholders with voting rights on how the company is run.
Under cross-examination from Robin Allen QC, Mrs McArthur told the court she had been a born-again Christian since the age of seven and 'sought to please God' in how she led her life.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 23-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Maybe in the small world your mind exists but in the bigger picture of the truth there is plenty of it.

I suggest reading news.

edit on 23-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

You are really being childish now.

All I'm doing is speaking the truth.

But of course there will be some on this who are in denial.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
nm
edit on 23-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This has absolutely nothing to do with 'green' eyes or 'left' hands!

maybe if you actually admit to yourself that you have a problem... you might go to seek help.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

maybe if you actually admit to yourself that you have a problem... you might go to seek help.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist get over yourself man.

The Pink Panthers Patrol (often shortened to Pink Panthers) were a civilian patrol group based in New York City, founded by members of Queer Nation in the summer of 1990 in order to combat anti-LGBTQ violence in Manhattan's West Village.[1] They received notoriety when they were successfully sued in 1991 by MGM Pictures, the owner of the rights the Pink Panther cartoon.[2]

I thought there was some connection. I apologise

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I didn't know about that and still figured the same thing.

Everyone here seems to think I'm a chick, no reason to get butthurt.
edit on 2320150520151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: boymonkey74

If it weren't for the Irish ATS would not even exist, and in saying that this decision does not surprise me in the least - nor should it anyone in any way affiliated with anyone or anything Irish.

For instance, my wife was born in Dublin and she constantly says to me of the Irish's impact on the planets culture and how much they have made their mark in every country since recorded history - "well someones got to go there and do all the bloody work".

She is the only human I am genuinely afraid of.

I'm apparently a quarter Irish and I am the laziest person I know. I guess I didn't inherit the work ethic.

On topic. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a religiously conservative country support this. Go Ireland. May more follow suit.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Part of my job some years ago involved daily communication talking to customers in Ireland. I have to say, it appears most following the Catholic religion there do so in a non practicing way and due to tradition than strong belief.

Before any hordes of ''discrimination'' opinion shovers appear spouting their vitriol, don't bother, go read the words I wrote in this comment again instead of presuming.

most people don't seem to get your drift, but I get what you mean.

If laws were passed and the KKK were forced to allow black members, it would be no different. You know those members aren\t just going to change their minds because a law got passed. When has a law ever changed anyone's mind? We think what we think, we do what we do, consequences come what may.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Clearly it is you and the people that starred your comment that are IGNORANT of the facts, as for your shouting, go shout at yourself instead.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The country's parliament voted through the new law on same-sex marriage by a large majority, making it mandatory for all churches to conduct gay marriages.

eaglerising.com...
www.christian.org.uk...

Wealthy gay dad, Barrie Drewitt-Barlow, says he and his civil partner Tony will go to court to force churches to host gay weddings.

He told the Essex Chronicle that he will take legal action because “I am still not getting what I want”.

A Government Bill legalising gay marriage passed Parliament recently but it included measures to protect churches from being forced to perform same-sex weddings.

Challenge

Mr Drewitt-Barlow said: “The only way forward for us now is to make a challenge in the courts against the church.

“It is a shame that we are forced to take Christians into a court to get them to recognise us.”

He added: “It upsets me because I want it so much – a big lavish ceremony, the whole works, I just don’t think it is going to happen straight away.

“As much as people are saying this is a good thing I am still not getting what I want.”

Lobby

The gay couple shot to fame in 1999 when they became the first British same-sex couple to be named on their children’s birth certificates.

They entered a civil partnership in 2006, and Barrie Drewitt-Barlow has reportedly donated around ÂŁ500,000 to groups lobbying for same-sex marriage.

Last year the Church of England warned that the Government’s plans to redefine marriage could trigger legal problems and end the 500-year link between church and state.

‘Problematic’

In January this year a leading lawyer cautioned that the plans left the Church of England open to legal challenge.

The Prime Minister was sent a copy of the legal opinion by Lord Carey, a former Archbishop of Canterbury.

In June 2012 Crispin Blunt MP, who was then a Justice Minister, admitted that the Government’s plans could lead to legal issues.

He said the Government is “seeking to protect, indeed, proscribe religious organisations from offering gay marriage”, but he continued: “That may be problematic legally”.

You said this:

Listen up...

NO RELIGIOUS PERSON IS BEING FORCED TO GET MARRIED TO A SAME SEX PARTNER, NOR IS ANY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION BEING FORCED TO PERFORM ANY SAME SEX MARRIAGE CEREMONY.

Have you go it now?
Again, no religious person is being forced to do anything here, and the claim that they (are as some form of "defense" for your ignorance) is a blatant transparent lie.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

Thanks, good that there are some people of sense left in the world.

Suing religions and people that are religious for their beliefs is not the way forward. Forcing them to ''accept'' something they fundamentally don't believe in for the hell of it is not any form of real acceptance, though I doubt that was the motive at all.

Where does such forcing acceptance end? Suing Jewish people for refusing to sell pork because the Bacon Society felt discriminated against? Suing Muslims for not accepting gay kissing in a mosque? Enforcing Hindu's into accepting atheist marriages because atheists felt offended?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Was probably never in doubt but anyway... WTG Ireland!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join