It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Ireland's referendum on gay marriage is a Yes.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: blupblup

The first step is always the best one.

Same as AA groups.

Ahhh OK.

You're insane I see.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

This is a different situation than in the U.S., where there IS separation of church and state.

Right! I support the church, on church grounds. That is where the belief should have priority.

I stand with the church (on church grounds) --- to discriminate in who they choose to marry. That includes the divorced, child out of wedlock, etc.

Businesses not on actual church grounds, that I have different thoughts on.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I don't see this as a sign of progress,I see this decision as another
nail in the world's coffin.
To all the gays in the world...enjoy this victory while you can,it will
be short lived.
I am done,done,done...stick a fork in me done with this topic.BYE!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
A small step for man, a fabulous leap for mankind.

I think neither the state nor the church has anything to do with how we choose to live our lives. A life should be gender neutral - male or female, equal to the law. The very idea that we have *legalize* something like this in 2015 is... mindboggling. Humanity should be past it, but obviously we arent. So many people still living in the Dark Ages.
edit on 24-5-2015 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

be short lived.

Personal belief over fact.

I'll take fact.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Christian heads exploded when the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that married women could have access to birth control, and then more heads exploded later, when The SCOTUS ruled that unmarried women (fornicators!) also had the right to use birth control. But the world didn't end.

The world did end when The SCOTUS ruled that abortions were a protected right, even though heads exploded from sea to shining sea. I think the world will make through this too!

Gay Marriage is legal in Ireland! We will survive.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why should the Irish be any different than the French or the English, or the Americans for that matter?

This is a predictable stepping stone on the path to secular relativism.

Those who still submit to the laws that are written on every human heart know what is at the end of that path.

Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply say "BYE," because there are tremendous consequences for society at large, and for the world our children will inherit.

If you die, and the self obsessed narcissists have won their way, you will at least be able to say "I did my best" when you meet your Maker. If your Maker returns before that happens, then the victory will be complete, for "every knee shall bow" - those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth.

The twisted, tragic irony of the secular relativists is they cannot see that theirs if the path of intolerance.

Followed to it's logical conclusion, it does not bode well.

One way or the other, the day will come when those celebrating the mocking of the God of Ireland's fathers will ask themselves "what were we thinking?"

Maranatha.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

be short lived.

I'll happily take that nail. That one and the nail for giving women equality under the law and the other nail for giving blacks equality under the law. Equality nails are nails I can live with.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yes. This is a good message *er* warning to the rest of the world. Civil unions were legal in ireland, for all. What this proves is that they will not stop until they have redefined marriage. Therefore, no ground can be conceded unless you are in a place where you'd like to lose that ground. Equality of things that are not equal, that is the goal.

Rhinoceros, Reindeer, what's the difference? Why should we even have different words for them?

edit on 24-5-2015 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

So if you married to have a family, and your next door neighbor married strictly for monetary reasons (no family) - does their marriage redefine your marriage?

Each couple is free to define their own marriage. Don't worry - you can still define your marriage as that between a man and a woman. No one is stopping you.
edit on 24-5-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've had enough of the "redefine marriage" nonsense.

LEGAL MARRIAGE -- a legal government contract protecting rights of person and property --- between 2 people creating a home environment, possibly including children.

Also, providing certain privileges and benefits not fully available by any other means.

EQUAL RIGHTS --- MARRAGE EQUALITY ---- same for ALL

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

you can still define your marriage.

That's not how this works. I can call a reindeer a rhinoceros, but words have meanings. Without words having meanings, what good is language?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

LEGAL MARRIAGE -- a legal government contract protecting rights of person and property --- between 2 people creating a home environment, possibly including children.

Also, providing certain privileges and benefits not fully available by any other means.

Weird, because as I said, civil unions were already legal in ireland even for gay people. They literally just redefined the word marriage.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Says someone from the US who supports the EDL in their signature lol
Anti gay, anti Muslim, anti...

Yeah you seem real nice.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Weird, because as I said, civil unions were already legal in ireland even for gay people. They literally just redefined the word marriage.

As you say "words speak" ----- NOT EQUAL.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes, a 1 and a 2 are NOT EQUAL. And to say that they are is asinine.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Little kids in playground.

1st kid: "My parents are married.

2nd kid: "My parents have a civil union".

1st kid: "You're less then me. You're not good enough. Etc etc.

NOT EQUAL.

Bunch of unnecessary nonsense.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Little kids in playground.

1st kid: "My parents are married.

2nd kid: "My parents have a civil union".

1st kid: "You're less then me. You're not good enough. Etc etc.

NOT EQUAL.

Bunch of unnecessary nonsense.

Well, biologically speaking, kid 2 is misinformed if you're saying kid 2's parents are homosexual. Kid 2 also has a mother and father, who could have been married and raised them. Instead kid 2 has a father and step-father and surrogate/egg doner or mother and step-mother and sperm doner. As for kid 1 asserting superiority, this isn't the only aspect that kids do this in. That's why they need parents, to teach them kindness and love.

Further, why does kid 2's opinion matter so much to kid 1? Is kid 1 an expert in parenting? Maybe kid 2's parents need to teach them that the opinions of others are pretty much worthless unless they have expertise in an area.

Let's add a further dynamic to your hypothetical

Kid 2: my parents have a civil union

Kid 3: I only have a mom (or dad)

Kid 2: You're less than me. You're not good enough. Etc. etc.

Should we then also call single parents married? It just causes kids problems like this when we don't. It is a bunch of unnecessary nonsense I say!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Like I said. Bunch of nonsense.

Pout away like a 2 year old with his feelings hurt.
edit on 24-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It's not just a matter of semantics. In a Civil Union the partner has no rights as far as medical decisions or other rights that a spouse has. They're not technicality family in a Civil Union so they can be excluded from benefits, or anything else requiring a family relationship.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join