It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Ireland's referendum on gay marriage is a Yes.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yes... the message is that these people have a mental disorder!

They should be in Mental Institutions!

Anything else and they would be...

Really don't know why the media keep portraying them as 'Normal' when they are anything but...

Talking from a Psychological standpoint of course.

maybe... just maybe, if the Media stopped reporting this as being Normal, they might go see a Doctor instead of thinking to themselves that they are normal and straight people aren't.

Um what?

You think gay people need to see a Dr or am I missing something?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

There is no connection at all.

'The Pink Panther' was about before the queer group!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

The first step is always the best one.

Same as AA groups.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Honestly just ignore these outdated ignorant views.
Looks like the civilized of us are and moving forward.
Just look at those with these outdated views as we do to the anti black people years ago...they were wrong also as is the ignorant poster you are asking.
Maybe it is them with the mental illness.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It isn't a illness and no amount of bleating from you will make it one.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yes to gay marriage from a very seemingly archaic country with a long history of Christian... influence LOL. This on the same day, or after, the American carnival freak show of The Duggars and their "anti-gay" son who has been outed as an incestual pedophile and their show taken off the air.

Gay freedom FTW! hahah

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

It isn't a illness and no amount of bleating from you will make it one.

It is an illness... you just havn't admitted it to yourself and neither have the rest of them.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Homosexuality used to be in the Diagnostics and Statistics Manual for Psychiatry but was removed by public pressure and popular demand back in the 1970s. There is a category for people that are suffering mental anguish as a result of being gay - but I would argue that is not a chemical disorder of the brain, and merely psychological inflictions of societal prejudice. Of course, people can end up severely "mixed up" and have all kinds of hang-ups or whatever, but most gay people are well-adjusted.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

85% Catholic and quite a conservative culture. Still they manage to vote in a 'landslide' decision to legalise gay marriage.

Progress! Progress! Progress!

Two sexually incompatible males or females can make an eternal bond under a non existent deity is progress?
edit on 23-5-2015 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is actually a victory for religious freedom, churches were banned by law from marrying gays, now those than want to can!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I can't tell you how proud I feel of our little country for a change. Yesterday I thought it may have been on a knife edge but honestly people here really pulled together for this one.
The atmosphere today all over was electric, you could literally feel it! I've found myself smiling more times than I can count over the course of the day looking over pictures and stories.

Like I said, I'm super humbled and utterly delighted for members of our LGBT community, this referendum will change the lives of current and future generations for the better.

Well done to everyone involved, from my heart.
WELL DONE!

Le grá go deo - ÉIRE

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
An 'eternal bond' under a questionable perception of a deity and belief system that frowns upon them as being sinful and to which they are neither a part of nor in agreement with.

It isn't progress it is insanity. Those that don't agree to the religion should just not participate in it's ceremonies.

Two sexually incompatible males or females can make an eternal bond under a non existent deity is progress?

a reply to: CallYourBluff

edit on 23-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Fair play to them.
there's enough bad stuff going on in the world and Eire has had their share that it's nice that something good has happened thanks to the people pulling together.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Just wondering if it means that Church Ministers will be forced to marry them in Ireland in a Church if the couple wishes to do so ??.

So I now wonder what is next for the people who have been fighting for it for so long. I a, sure there are multiple groups of people who are not gay who will want the same rights like Muslims, 2 males, one female or vice versa, a group of 5 multiple genders and the list could go on and on. Does the fight now move to these groups for real equality ?.
edit on 23-5-2015 by fishwhisperer because: Updated

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

What about gay christians?.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
A sense of normality ? So that's what is at stake here, conformity ? This is sad. They scream "We want to be like everyone else !". So instead of screaming "the state has no business in my life!", they scream "I want the state to rule my life because I need its approbation!". From my point of view, this is no progress but merely stagnation.

It's like women asking equality with men, basically screaming "We are as good wage slaves as men can be!", instead of asking for the abolition of wage slavery.

Well I'm gay, and I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone, gay or straight, would want to get married. This doesn't mean being in love and having a family isn't one of the greatest things in life, but marriage? What's the point?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

By that logic ignorance is also an illness and many appear to be in the terminal stages of it because reality cannot even cure it.

The Irish have voted for gay marriage, chew that medicine slowly, the truth is sometimes hard to swallow but the more one takes the less ignorant one becomes.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yes... the message is that these people have a mental disorder!

They should be in Mental Institutions!

Anything else and they would be...

Really don't know why the media keep portraying them as 'Normal' when they are anything but...

Talking from a Psychological standpoint of course.

maybe... just maybe, if the Media stopped reporting this as being Normal, they might go see a Doctor instead of thinking to themselves that they are normal and straight people aren't.

It's normal in that a certain amount of people always have been and always will be gay. There is a third world tribe where men have sex with younger men, yet having sex with women any other time except to get her pregnant is frowned upon. They look at that as normal. In Roman times, a widespread bisexuality is normal. In fact, many would argue, and many psychologists have stated that everyone is basically bisexual, and being 100% either way is ABnormal!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Maybe a deity and belief system that is incapable of adapting to new understandings and improving social concepts towards the betterment of the human race has no place in a modern society.

With the rate of exchange of ideas due to technology, a belief system that claims to be for everyone doesn't have the luxury of exclusionary precepts if it intends to stay relevant in peoples lives.

Good for the Irish! Now others can follow their precedent, and maybe we will get to a point that being gay is as accepted as having blue eyes.
edit on 23-5-2015 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

The validity of religions is another matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join