It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Feed The Stray Cats!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'll warn him to get an automated sprinkler like mine.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: ketsuko

I've never understood why people keep cats and not let them out

Because they tend to disappear without warning and you never know what actually happened to them. I live in a city with lots of busy roads. If I had a dollar for every dead cat I've driven by, I'd be fairly wealthy. I actually saw one get hit a couple of months ago.

I also know there are several diseases cats can get that are reasonably common in this area among the feral pop.

My three are very happy indoors. One was a complex feral who chose to come inside. She likes to go out and sit on our patio while we're out working, but she'll panic if we accidentally shut her out.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a lot of people declaw them too.
cant let them out then

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hmmm...

That's what cats do - they wander. I've lived in the "city" before near busy roads and my cat was fine, although it helps to have a garden. You wouldn't have a dog and keep it in all the time, would you?

As for declawing, that's even worse! Poor creatures...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Hmmm...

That's what cats do - they wander. I've lived in the "city" before near busy roads and my cat was fine, although it helps to have a garden. You wouldn't have a dog and keep it in all the time, would you?

As for declawing, that's even worse! Poor creatures...

No dogs.

And the only declawed cat we have was that way when it came to us.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My cat molly has always been a wild one, tried a collar once went nuts crazy and broke it with her back paws/claws in half hour...i'll never keep her a prisoner, she is a free natural roamer...I guess yours are not.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Interesting video and thread, after reading up till now I am really surprised that no posters have made a comment on the actual beating. It was vicious and over the top and that guy is going to prison.
He beat the crap out of her and even when she was down and out he kept going till that lady stopped him.
Big powerful man and an elderly lady and all the posts are about cats.

Screw the cats and watch that video again I say.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

eh
she got tuned up but she did pop him first

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

I didnt watch the vid, if someone beats someone over the actions of a cat then they are clearly inhumane. No need for me to see his crimes to know they were wrong.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have wild country cats. Someone dropped off cats a few years ago and they live around old empty houses and barns in the area. Our old neighbor was feeding them, now he's in a long term care facility so I've taken on feeding 2 long hair wild cats that have somehow avoided the coyotes.
I was kept awake by mice in the walls last year a lot and now the walls are quiet.
These wild ones are even burying their poop.

They show up in the trees around 9 every nite, I put out a little food, they share it.

They're terrified of people, they run if they know I've seen them.

Somehow, there's only the two that come around ....

To find words in relation to the video, I'm at a loss.
The guy clearly has issues...
edit on 22-5-2015 by snowspirit because: Still speechless...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good call, very good call. No offense to the kitties I mean I loves me some kitties but yes that poor woman being beaten by some meathead. Shame and pity the things some people will attack other people over. a reply to: Iwinder

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Quite - I thought it was a given that we'd condemn the actions of the Man beating an old lady, hence the conversation about Cats!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
We have tons of feral cats around here and they are a total pain. They get into the trash dumpsters and make a mess. Plus they drive my dogs nuts just staring at them like they don't exist.....lol We, also, have some stray dogs that stay around because stupid people feed them.

We have pet restrictions in our neighborhood. All dogs on a leash when outdoors. No lease and away you go!! As it should be, IMHO. Unless you live in a very secluded place, why would anyone who cares for their animals EVER let them just roam?? Roaming is for farms and such. And, I have had cats before. One for 13 years and she never went out.....I don't trust people enough to let my animals roam the neighborhood.

Besides.....my 2 dogs are my babies and I would really rather spend time with them than most humans!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I keep mine inside. IMO, It keeps them healthier and because I live in a neighborhood where everyone lets their cats and dogs run around free, I'm sure she's safer. She's 16 this year and has no health issues at all. There's a male cat that's been coming on my porch and spraying (or who knows, maybe several). I'm so embarrassed because all you can smell is cat pee when you walk up to my door. I have no clue if it's stray or not but I swear when I find it, it's getting sprayed with a hose. I wish everyone kept their cats indoors. I wish people wouldn't get pets if they can't fix them and care for them properly.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Champagne

It seems be one of the differences between the UK and US - here, it is perfectly natural and reasonable to let your cats out to wander. Dogs, not so much, but that is because if they attack someone/something, the owner is legally liable.

I've had many cats over the years and yes, some have been squished by cars, but the vast majority lived to be ripe old moggies.

a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

As I said above, I've not had many issues of health arise because of letting a cat out. aside from Porsche related ones (my oldest cat was hit by a porsche when he was younger and lost a leg - he survived for many years on 3 legs and lived to be around 15) If anything, they get the exercise they need, they get all their frustration out of their systems (cats get stressed in enclosed environments, especially if there are other cats) and it saves your furniture from a good scratching. As far as disease goes, just get them immunised..

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
a reply to: infolurker

Every morning my disturbed neighbor goes out and dumps a 5lb sack of cat food on the sidewalk out his back door.

Nearly every morning I go out and take my live trap to the pound. My personal best is 17 cats and an opossum in 1 month.

I have a 4 year old and she should be able to play in my backyard without falling in cat # because of some lonely shut-in.

what a vile excuse of a human being you are.

I suggest you seclude your child from the outdoors due to the inconsiderate consequence of animals not being toilet trained.

I pity those people whose pets you've joyfully killed and the rest of nature that has the unfortunate path in life of meeting yours.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Because they tend to disappear without warning and you never know what actually happened to them. I live in a city with lots of busy roads. If I had a dollar for every dead cat I've driven by, I'd be fairly wealthy. I actually saw one get hit a couple of months ago.

I also know there are several diseases cats can get that are reasonably common in this area among the feral pop.

My three are very happy indoors. One was a complex feral who chose to come inside. She likes to go out and sit on our patio while we're out working, but she'll panic if we accidentally shut her out.

That's about it, we have ferals come to our back garden, while the fork and knife does feed them, and that I haven't worked out a good way to assassinate her yet,
they can be a pest and the poop is the least of it. Their pee is a killer, if they pee on the lawn the grass is a goner without question, so expect to do a lot of replacement with divots or grass seed, and they carry wild seed in their comings and goings, and are in general piggin' vandals, just like my kids.
And they can fight a lot when they get bigger, funny thing though, I've never seen two on one like humans do!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Because as you can see from the morons posting above they will catch them and take them to the pound to be euthanized.

I had a favorite cat when I was a young lad and he disappeared. A few months later my parents were at a neighbor's party and the hosts were bragging about how they had taken my cat on a ride out into the country. They didn't know who owned the cat so they probably should have kept their mouth shut, but I can tell you it took me awhile to get over losing my pet...especially at that young age.
edit on 2015/5/22 by Metallicus because: fix

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

People do that?

The only problem I have ever had with neighbours and my cat was one old dear who positively insisted she take her to the vets to be neutered and immunised.

Bob - my cat - was barely 5 months old and I'd have preferred to wait a few more months before making her undergo surgery but the neighbour took her anyway.

I thought, what the heck, she wants to pay for it, let her!

But no one has ever catnapped one of mine, or anyone else's I know.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
People in the US can be whiny pains in the butt when it comes to cats. I have 11 rescues but I made the choice to move away from people to the middle of nowhere, where my kitties can hunt, climb trees, and run safely without being run over or having some pissy neighbor call animal control because he found a tiny tootsie roll buried among his petunias.

With feral cats, PLEASE contact Alley Cat Allies to establish a trap/neuter/release program so they don't keep breeding. Feral colonies will keep the neighborhood free of pests and once the population boom is stopped, they become a nice part of the neighborhood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join