It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Feed The Stray Cats!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow,

Must see the video. Don't feed that cats here... or else.

ktla.com...

A former Los Angeles firefighter was found guilty Thursday of beating a woman who was feeding stray cats in their West Adams neighborhood in an attack that was caught on surveillance camera.

Eulian claimed the cats the victim was feeding had attacked his dog and were littering his yard, prosecutors said.

edit on 22-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wow. Now even firefighters are getting violent on people?
We are screwed.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have a buddy who always gripes about the two ladies in the complex that feed the woodland critters. Cans of tuna attract swarms of stray feral cats that have no regard for your freshly waxed car and don't forget a window you may just get a surprise.
edit on CDTFri, 22 May 2015 17:24:58 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Fri, 22 May 2015 17:24:58 -050024 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Every morning my disturbed neighbor goes out and dumps a 5lb sack of cat food on the sidewalk out his back door.

Nearly every morning I go out and take my live trap to the pound. My personal best is 17 cats and an opossum in 1 month.

I have a 4 year old and she should be able to play in my backyard without falling in cat # because of some lonely shut-in.
edit on 22-5-2015 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A 5 lb bag every morning? He must really love those cats.a reply to: Lipton

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

What sort of cats do you have where you are? Every house on our street must have a mog, there are dozens of them (I have 3 myself) and they all mooch about outside all the time. Not once has myself or anybody else noticed or complained about cat poop - they always seem to do it out of the way and not in the middle of the garden.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Wow, what a nutcase.
Beating a woman over cat poo, wow, and how lame is the guys dog if it is attacked by the neighbours cats lol.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Well and good.

Anyone capable of perversely harming an animal is capable of moving on up....

It's sad really that the trusting ones have to bear the worst of it.

Animals share a life time as we do with a memory of at Least 10 years.

They learn, they love.

Buddy needs to seriously connect with what is.....

Cheers!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Wow, what a nutcase.
Beating a woman over cat poo, wow, and how lame is the guys dog if it is attacked by the neighbours cats lol.

Good point, but I did have a cat years ago in Northern Ireland who had kittens. One day, the neighbours dog was round (as my dad was having a BBQ) and it went upstairs. Next thing we knew, it came down minus an eye - it apparently stuck it's nose in the box where the kittens were and paid the price. Needless to say, my dad told the neighbour it was his dogs fault and he wouldn't be paying the fee's!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason
My cats dig a hole and poop into the hole, then cover the whole mess.
They do the same for a pee. I believe it's some sort of method to foil
preditors. They didn't have to be taught this, they all just know.
So I'm not believing the cat poop excuse.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yeesh, Cats are very spiritual creatures. Shame on that jerk, right? Good thing I feel this way or I would have stomped on my ex-wife, she fed the entire neighborhood of cats, she adopted 13 of them and fed probably 30 of them daily!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The issue isn't really about cats.

Its about forcing someone to do what you want, when you have a different viewpoint, (and non fed stray cats can also use his back yard as a bathroom), and thinking they could MAKE HER, stand under them, and then when she tries to push them out of her vehicle space, violently assault someone.

Everyone is a free agent and you may bring up your point, but you can't force anyone to do as you will.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'd keep feeding the cats. ...and if Mr. Firefighter has an issue with it, he can tell his parole officer when he gets out of jail...

What a class A jerk.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

Exactly - they all do it naturally, I've never had to litter train a kitten as they will do it on their own and, as you say, cover it nicely too.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I would make toilet on his lawn.

Sorry, I know it's not very nice or politically correct, but sometimes I'm not very nice or politically correct.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Of course, if you have too many ferals around your place, it can cause your indoor kitties to get territory insecure and this can wreak havoc on your house.

When we lived in the apartment, the lady upstairs from us fed the complex ferals and one of our indoor fixed toms started getting territory insecure because he could smell all of them right outside the door. It caused him to start spraying all over the place. We lost our deposit + when we moved out because we couldn't quite break him of it once he got going no matter how we tried to make him secure.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
there is a big ole stray mangy bastard that hangs around here. my neighbor and the lady across the street are constantly feeding it. its in my yard all the time...crapping in the same spot all the time.

i dont want to hurt it because it is not his fault but i am thinking about trying to catch it and take it to the pound. if the pound wont take it then i will take it somewhere far away from my house

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe your cat just didnt like being locked in an apartment?
I dont own my cat, she is free to come and go as she wishes and often disappears for a couple of days...sounds like your cat is owned and he/she knows it, sad.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've never understood why people keep cats and not let them out

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
A 5 lb bag every morning? He must really love those cats.

Yes, he just dumps the entire contents of a smaller bag of food on the gound. If he decides to be ambitious he'll dump it in to two aluminum foil containers (the sort you cook a turkey in)

originally posted by: stumason
What sort of cats do you have where you are? Every house on our street must have a mog, there are dozens of them (I have 3 myself) and they all mooch about outside all the time. Not once has myself or anybody else noticed or complained about cat poop - they always seem to do it out of the way and not in the middle of the garden.

The sort of cats that I am plagued with are disgusting, diseased, feral creatures that defecate everywhere, eat everything and sing their "I'm in heat" song every night. I'm no exaggerating when I say that just in a 1 block radius they number over 100 and have a birth rate thay exceeds any 3rd world nation.

originally posted by: justdust
My cats dig a hole and poop into the hole, then cover the whole mess.
They do the same for a pee. I believe it's some sort of method to foil
preditors. They didn't have to be taught this, they all just know.
So I'm not believing the cat poop excuse.

I don't doubt that an inside cat, raised to have some semblance of civility and a litterbox buries it's #.

The ones I'm dealing with make no such effort.

As far as the altercation between the firefighter and the old woman I have the suspecion that there was an exceedingly long buildup. I'm not saing he should beat her, but it's pretty damn disrespectful to not acknowledge that by you feeding any any all feral cats, opossums, raccoons and whatever else can and does wreak havok on your neighbors.

In my case going out to my Jeep one morning and finding cat # on the seat is what made me buy a trap that afternoon. When my 4 year old daughter fell in a pile later that fall is what led to a pretty one-sided diatribe where I called the guy everything but a white man.

I do giggle a little bit everytime I find a freah pile, put on my leather '# tossing gloves' and throw it as hard as I can, across the street, at his house when he isn't home.

edit on 22-5-2015 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join