It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submariner Blows the Whistle on Trident

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is doing the rounds on Social and main stream Media at the moment. Seems like the UK has it's own Snowden now. If true i'm glad he's came out to tell the truth about what is going on at Faslane and on these hideous Weapons of mass destruction..sooner they are history the better.

My name is William McNeilly. I am an Engineering Technician Submariner for the UK’s Trident II D5 Strategic Weapons System. I sent this report on the 05/05/15 to every major newspaper, freelance journalists, and whistle-blower I could find. Almost all my email accounts have now been blocked, I need your help informing the public and the government. I don’t know how many laws I’ve broken along the way; I doubt men live long enough to serve the sentence they’ll give me. There’s still a small chance of a pardon one day. The good news is the report has been acknowledged; the killing me option is no longer beneficial for them. They will now try to down play the information in this report, but anyone who reads the report will understand: my information comes from good sources, I have no reason to lie and they will understand if change isn’t made a nuclear catastrophe almost certainly will happen. The people who still serve Trident will continue to put their uniform on, collect their pay checks, try to cover this up and pretend they serve you, but we all die one day and when that day comes I will know I wasn’t a slave to money or fear.

Source

BBC Source

edit on 17-5-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The Ministry of Defence confirmed that McNeilly was a member of the naval service, and a source said the Navy was “concerned for the whereabouts and wellbeing of AB (able seaman) McNeilly and working closely with civilian police to locate him”.

Oh i'm sure they are..

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Only skimmed the link so far,but gods help us all if some of what he said is true..

People wandering onto nuke subs with no ID checks?
I don't want to believe such incompetence exists-but it would not surprise me sadly.

My brain wants to believe this is a hoax,but these days-who knows?

Scary stuff indeed SP.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If true i imagine the poor fellow will receive a knock on the door from one of our security services if he has not done so already, be it MI5/MI6 or those lovely fellows from GCHQ.

Good luck to the Man! Our public should be made aware that disaster is only a few footsteps away.

edit on 17-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
He's obviously had a bad appraisal. He sounds a bit unhinged to me.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

The Ministry of Defence confirmed that McNeilly was a member of the naval service, and a source said the Navy was “concerned for the whereabouts and wellbeing of AB (able seaman) McNeilly and working closely with civilian police to locate him”.

Oh i'm sure they are..

Well,sheeiit.
There goes my hoax theory it seems.
Unless the guy has gone mental.
I bet this will soon dissappear from the net and not be touched by the MSM..If that happens,you know it was for real.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Only skimmed the link so far,but gods help us all if some of what he said is true..

People wandering onto nuke subs with no ID checks?
I don't want to believe such incompetence exists-but it would not surprise me sadly.

My brain wants to believe this is a hoax,but these days-who knows?

Scary stuff indeed SP.

I know a few guys who have worked in Faslane on the Subs, some of the stories are frightening...Some of the people who have worked on the subs are just as frightening.

Babcock Engineering dont have issues with Criminal records, put it that way...What they do have is Issues with lying about your criminal past...just a tip for anyone turning up for the induction.. even if you stole a Mcgowans toffee aged two, fess up or you are off site.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Maybe, Just Maybe he's trying to do the right thing...Yeah??

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see what the people at the protest site have to say about the security as they always keep a watch on the comings and goings as much as possible.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
It would be interesting to see what the people at the protest site have to say about the security as they always keep a watch on the comings and goings as much as possible.

It's a big area to cover with a few different entrances. The Protest site is only a couple of people these days. You hear talk of thousands of jobs connected with Faslane, but the reality is there are less than 550 jobs directly employed at Faslane, including the Sub Crews. Obviously those number go up when a Sub is in Dry Dock, (Sub Contractors) but not substantially.

No Sub Puns were harmed in the making of this post.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
McNeilly...Sounds like a Scottish traitor, playing a dangerous game to me.

People like this should be psychologically tested to make sure they can keep secret information secure. Also they need to be evaluated on their allegiances. Are they loyal to the UK

My bet is this guy is an SNP supporter, giving the hornets nest a little kick.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I did not realise it was in decline, I know quite a lot of people who spent a lot of time there in the past.

I'll try and find them for anything not in the MSM.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Did you read the document that he wrote?

I didn't find it particularly frightening...found it more of a ramble.

Interested in your thoughts on the document.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

I had the same thoughts.

Would hardly describe him as the UK's Ed Snowden.

Sounds like pissed of Sailor whose gone awol.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

People like this should be psychologically tested to make sure they can keep secret information secure. Also they need to be evaluated on their allegiances. Are they loyal to the UK

A bit like the politicians then?
I mean, it's not like they show much allegiance to the UK or it's people these days!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

True...

(post by Soloprotocol removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

originally posted by: DAZ21

A bit like the politicians then?
I mean, it's not like they show much allegiance to the UK or it's people these days!

Same applies to you...Stay on Topic or leave.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I did read one of the source's and I'd say I'm right about him apart from his nationality...

And don't try and take the high ground here, you know what you are and it's usually you who comes into English and UKIP threads and trashes them, I just thought I'd return the favour.

not very nice is it?

Consider us even.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just done a little bit of reflection on this thread.

I wonder why the UK Government has not slapped a D-Notice on the letter he published, the BBC are linking to it, the countries Nuclear deterrent is covered under DA-Notice 02 and if his document (sorry not read the full thing yet) is highlighting security weaknesses in Trident then that would be a classic for a D notice.

Could be either they have not yet sent out the letters to editors asking them not to report on this or it could be that he is really just full of it and they are really not that worried about what he has published just in getting hold of him.

Keep a copy of the document and a watch to see if the press stop reporting on it in the next few hours and that way you will know if its been subjected to DA-Notice 02.
edit on 17-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join