It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submariner Blows the Whistle on Trident

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Read most of it now-
I feel pretty sick.
You could not make this up.

I used thought it was beyond stupidity when I read of the old US nuke codes-(000001 or 000000 or something similar).
But this is stupidity off the scale-it adds so many variables that,if true,should make the government quake with fear.
That is if they actually give a frak about us,which I doubt.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wow, that was a very long read.
Curious rambling style of delivery about something a few sentences could quickly cover:
ID checks are not up to standard on base, there are safety issues with poor maintenance, and poor enforcement of established protocols.

It is good that such concerns are raised, but the rambling style of his long winded statement raises suspicions in my mind about his general emotional state. I wish him well.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
maybe this entire story is a attempt by naval intelligence and gchq to get fast track funding to renew the fleet to match our new aircraft carriers,looks genuine but im still with two minds with the current increase in military spending and the bbc being transparent has me twiching

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

I had just started to ponder the same thing.

I cannot imagine that there is not incresed security and a task force on hand to address all the dangerous issues and justify the cost of mending all those leaking pipes.

It certainly is quite interesting in light of other recent events.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
maybe this entire story is a attempt by naval intelligence and gchq to get fast track funding to renew the fleet
No bad thing in my mind if what the guy is saying is true.
His rambling style does trouble me though, I don't know him in any other situation than what he has apparently typed, but he also disclosed that other colleagues have dismissed his concerns, so for that and a few other reasons I wonder about his emotional well being,

New shiny Trident coming soon though and Devonport is more than happy to take it from Faslane if they don't want it.
I know quite a few folk there and everyone wants that potential economic boom.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: paraphi
He's obviously had a bad appraisal. He sounds a bit unhinged to me.

I had the same thoughts.

Would hardly describe him as the UK's Ed Snowden.

Sounds like pissed of Sailor whose gone awol.

The report came off the same way to me. He sounds like a sailor with a.............

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Of course he has an axe to grind, it is one that comes with 49 nuclear warheads attached and it is falling to pieces.

If i'd been a part of what he's been, and experienced such unimaginable shoddyness as he says he has, i would have an axe to grind as well.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

?

Is that you by any chance William????

This information must be a threat to shady agencies and militaries hell bent on global conflict.

I honestly believe if this information was a huge threat it would have been subject to a D-Notice.

as for this:

It seems some usuals have showed up and jumped on each others star wagon.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yeah, but we don't know that it is not just the ramblings of some guy with emotional/psychological issues.
Until we do it is all speculation, regardless of how the OP may or may not feel this social media story is true.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A D-Notice only applies to MSM relaying the story and MP's being able to discuss it freely in the commons.

It has no bearing on what we the public say to one another.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I never claimed British submarines were in great shape. All I said was that this child has an ax to grind. None of this information is new to me and he is not some hero.

Same information was widely talked about in 2013 it's nothing new. The left is just looking for a champion and they picked one that is rehashing old issues.

2013 UK submarines

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I read his musings, but was not convinced of anything else but that this poor chap has somehow lost his marbles. Taking simple things into a totally hyped new dimension and giving a spin on not that big things - clearly echoes deep concerns on his mental health.

Military, and those in heavy duty, should be required to get dead drunk once per week, and let the ooze off.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

How do you know this is not just a matelot with issues?
He stated in his ramblings that other seamen dismissed his concerns.
You don't know, I don't know, the OP doesn't know.
Any attempt to state fact is dishonest at best.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

A D-Notice only applies to MSM relaying the story and MP's being able to discuss it freely in the commons.

It has no bearing on what we the public say to one another.

I know that!

But the MSN are discussing it and even linking to the letter he wrote

link   
Maybe the UK can get one of their puppet states to pick up the slack and take the crap off their hands for a discounted price like before .

Most Canadians know the sad story of Canada’s second-hand submarines. Purchased from Britain in 1998 for a suspiciously low price, the four vessels have spent most of the last fifteen years being refitted and repaired.

What most Canadians do not know is that the “Victoria-class” submarines are now entering the last decade of their service life. And since Canadian naval procurements typically take ten to fifteen years, Canada’s submarine program is destined to splutter to a stop – unless, as our new report recommends, the procurement of replacements is initiated forthwith.
www.theglobeandmail.com...

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

We have his name, photo, NAVY ID, and so on...he's hardly 'some guy' is he. His credentials appear genuine.

As has been said, by doing what he has done, he's left himself open for a whole host of punitive action, including breaking the official secrets act, his oath of allegiance and operating regs of the Navy.

He could literally go to prison for a very long time for what he's done, and if it turns out to be not true, as bizarre as it sounds, he could still go to prison for those aforementioned offences...it's highly unlikely anyone, even someone very pissed off with his superiors, colleagues or his military career in general to sacrifice that much for nothing.

Yeah it need to be verified, of course it does. But with what we have already, it looks like he's the real thing IMO.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What would we think if the Government slapped a D-Notice on this story?

Exactly...which is probably why we haven't seen a notice applied to this...yet. They're probably hoping the story doesn't have legs and goes away as part of some 'loony account', disgruntled serviceman, or failed sailor looking to blame others...all of which i've seen suggested in this thread incidentally.

If it doesn't go away quietly, i suspect we'll see a notice applied soon.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just out of interest,

When a subarine is in port for repairs etc.. are base personell or boat personell responsible for the security of the boat?

I.e. the security of the base appears to be lax from this article (if true), however, could a non-authorised person actually get near one of our nuclear subs?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: grainofsand

We have his name, photo, NAVY ID, and so on...he's hardly 'some guy' is he. His credentials appear genuine.
Credentials are one thing, and I agree, I recognise his card as a former reserve sailor, but mental health/emotional state/psychological condition are different matters.
You, me, and the OP know none of that.
I suspect cause for concern from the rambling post which could have carried the same message in only a few sentences, but I don't know, and neither do you or the OP.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join