It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: A private school education leads to "an anti-government ideology."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Most private schools aren't religious though right?

Most private schools I know of have been church orientated.
Catholic. Baptist. Friends (Quaker). Etc.

Where Do Private School Students Go ??
80% of private school students attend religious orientated schools.
Private school students continually score higher on SATS than public school students.
Private schools aren't broken. So Obama shouldn't try to 'fix' them.
edit on 5/14/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
apparently some people in this thread do not understand context, or simply didn't listen to his entire speech....here's a definition of the word "context" for those few mouth-breathers
dictionary.reference.com...

Since we're tossing around definitions, allow me to present you with one:
hypocrisy

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
On one hand: Introducing your kids to community based activities really is important to the development of awareness and social skills. basically sending your kid to a walled off school of privilege will skew their view of reality and create a bubble of superiority with a disconnect towards how people in your own area live.

On the other hand: maybe if public schools were focused more on being the best they can be and not a race to the bottom in order to make sure no child is left behind, this wouldn't be an issue.

I think afterschool youth programs should be expanded. Get both pub and private kids working together and interacting on some level so they are well rounded.

____
This reminds me of Reddit's new policy where it was determined men are better at salary negotiations in general, so in order to equal pay, they banned any salary negotiations...not to raise up women, but rather to bring down men in the name of equality.
yay equality, never consider improving something, just destroy the stuff thats better so everything sucks equally.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That is usually how the Progressive liberalism works. Lowest common denominator.

Don't bring people up, knock others down to lower achievement levels to make everyone equal. Now that is Equality!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

0bama is a turd all on his own.

And we aren't talking about other presidents. We are talking about the current, that attacked private school attendees.

But, I guess that those in power should only have certain things, and the lowly people can have something else.

Here is another question. When 0bama farts, are you there to apologize for him?
edit on 14-5-2015 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: infolurker

That Jackasses kids go to a private school.

He really is a massive turd.

Considering the "audience", I wonder if he is just talking about "Religious Private Schools". Or let me redefine as "Christian" religious schools as I doubt he will have a problem with a "Madrasa".

Just an observation based on perception and past words and actions.

This one post should grant you 1 million stars.....
edit on 14-5-2015 by Gothmog because: correction

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This interesting comment coming from somebody that no only attended elite private school in Hawaii but also oversea schools in Indonesia

He most know something that we don't know.

+5 more 
posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

What?

If that's what he's trying to say, he is an even bigger idiot than I thought...

Firstly, every private school that I know of are heavily involved in the community, much more so than the public schools. That's where they get the kids from, after all. Not to mention, a requirement to even graduate.

Some of the more exclusive schools, may indeed be that way... But the vast majority, which includes the Catholic schools that I'm more familiar with are nothing of the sort. If you can afford, you can go, in fact, many will help parents pay for it.

The fanciest group my niece and god-daughter belonged to in school and after were 4H, and several Future Leaders of America type groups, none of which cater exclusively to the PTB.

For him to be so inclusive in his criticism is beyond stupid, and reveals his hypocrisy for all to see.

edit on 5/14/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

And for the window licking progressive, I suggest you look up authoritative, hypocrisy and a term called "mind your own business".

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I am sure that the Rockefellers children will love to mingle with the kids in the block.

Actually the super rich and the super poor will never share paths in our class divided nation.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

PRESIDENT OBAMA: We don’t dispute that the free market is the greatest producer of wealth in history -- it has lifted billions of people out of poverty. We believe in property rights, rule of law, so forth. But there has always been trends in the market in which concentrations of wealth can lead to some being left behind. And what’s happened in our economy is that those who are doing better and better -- more skilled, more educated, luckier, having greater advantages -- are withdrawing from sort of the commons -- kids start going to private schools; kids start working out at private clubs instead of the public parks. An anti-government ideology then disinvests from those common goods and those things that draw us together. And that, in part, contributes to the fact that there’s less opportunity for our kids, all of our kids.

my comments:

- if you are worried about concentrations of wealth creating opportunity disparities in this country, then the goal is to create economic policies that address that. But things like Citizens United and ACA (although Obama is only responsible for one of them) serve only to increase the monetary feeding frenzy, and put more wealth towards the top.

- You don't level a playing field by lopping off the top. You do it by building up the bottom If you aren't building up the bottom you are reducing the sum total of the whole.....and this is the biggest folly in modern education and liberal thought processes. You can not successfully level by removing the top, without affecting the height of the whole in the process. To put it another way: when i have a hole in my yard, i fill it in. I don't remove the top of the rest of the yard to level it. That is just stupid.

- i am a product of public education, sadly. The one thing I see as a difference between public and private education is this: one has government involvement, the other doesn't. Seems to me that it could be reasonable to assert that if you take what is good from one, and emulate it in the other, you might see some kind of success. So why is government, especially federal government, involved in any form?

- as it regards Mr. Presidents comments specifically....which private schools are his daughters enrolled in? When they want to play or exercise, which public parks do they do this in? I mean, really?

edit on 5/14/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

that attacked private school attendees.

That's a little dramatic, don't you think?

He made a simple statement about his thoughts and that was it. He hasn't said that he will try to shut them down or that all kids should be in public schools.

That could hardly be considered an "attack".

Here is another question. When 0bama farts, are you there to apologize for him?

I rarely see anyone actually apologize for Obama. There are those that defend him when bashed for making factually correct statements that make sense. But rarely defend him>

The real question is: When Obama farts, why do millions of brainwashed goons ATTACK him over it?
edit on 14-5-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

That Jackasses kids go to a private school.

He really is a massive turd.

Thats what I thought.

How can he condemn private education when his kids are in it.................

Hypocrite.

He really comes up with some stupid things.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Mouth breathers? Really?

Because we dare to disagree with the premise of his speech? If that's not what he meant, he needs to fire his speech writer, or actually, maybe write his own.

But then you know that. This was just another not so veiled attack on those who dare to disagree with your take on things...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That could be truth, but lately the first lady comments and the president comments are geared to cause something, even when we don't know exactly what, perhaps resentments from the so call "oppress class"

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Look at what his admin has denied for "the lowly people' in regards to schooling.

Yes, it was a statement, that runs parallel with other actions.
An attack is correctly stated.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just blindly defending a poorly written speach?
Look this guy had a silver spoon up his arse his whole life...but he sure doesnt mind working the globalist agenda and helping to halt individualism entirely with a blind subservience to authority...very nice.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Maybe Obama needs to read it to find out what's in it....

Dept. of Ed: Catholic H.S. Students Twice as Likely to Graduate College

Students who attended Catholic high schools were approximately twice as likely as students who attended public high schools to go on and graduate from college, according to a new report from the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics.

..related thread from last year..

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Why is he attacked????? Oh because he is **whispering** black.

There are many here that apologize for him.
Jimmy is one of a handful here.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That could be truth, but lately the first lady comments and the president comments are geared to cause something, even when we don't know exactly what, perhaps resentments from the so call "oppress class"

So now his comments are a clue in to some sort of conspiracy.....and his wife is in the know? Perhaps they have the same opinion on the matter. And what could he do anyway? He's almost out of office and congress is controlled by the Republicans.

a reply to: macman

What other actions has he taken that can be interpreted as an attack on private schools?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join