It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Read Hate Comments

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Rocker2013

This is coming from an atheist, but in defense of the Christians, they haven't (recently) strapped explosives to themselves and blow up a school because girls learn there. They haven't beheaded someone for not believing in God exactly the same way they do.

And neither have a billion other Muslims. But hey let's lump them all together because of the radicals

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Actually Bush was a "former alcoholic" that became born again Christian to pander the religious right in order to get the votes to get in the White house, much of what he promised to the religious right he lie too was never fulfilled, but he did used religion in many ways to get the majority "Christian America" to approve his invasion of Iraq.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I am only 'confused' by double standards and intellectual dishonesty. Governed by religion or beheaded?

But I cannot effectively answer such a vague question. For example, in what context are you referring to beheading? Because you saw someone in an orange jumpsuit on TV beheaded by ISIS? Yeah that is wrong, and not condoned by Muslims or Islam at all. In fact those ISIS idiots skim read the Quran and took half a verse to falsely justify their silly actions, as I will explain:

Surah 47, verse 8

First part
“Therefore, when ye meet the unbelievers in fight [or jihad], smite at their necks at length; when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them.

Second part
"Thereafter is the time for either generosity or ransom until the war lays down its burdens.”

This verse sets the scene to be on the battle field as the armies are engaging in warfare. This verse encourages to fight on that battle field to the extent that you aim to kill (i.e. decapitations happen on the battle field) and when you have won, out of generosity you can free your captives or you can ransom them.

Applying this to the awful beheading that ISIS conducted, they had a captive that they beheaded, which is not permitted in Islam and certainly not by the verse they were quoting. The verse first address the battle field where casualties, deaths and decapitation can take place. Then the verse follows on and addresses the captives and explicitly states the word generosity and ransom.

And what do you mean specifically by 'Governed by Religion'? Are you referring to Sharia or Islamic states? These are Islamic rules outlined for people living on Muslim owned land, yes a death penalty exists but only in the strictest of circumstances. And such an execution does not illicit the use of beheading the culprit, as I mentioned before.

Any Islamic capital punishment must be handed down by a panel of judges plus there must be four credible witnesses of an extreme crime committed by the person to be executed. And civilians — but not soldiers — are protected under Islamic law.

You're the bright one. Why don't you help me out and tell me what I really mean?

I appreciate your questions, I only ask for you to be more specific and add some context to each one. We are after all discussing a comprehensive religion.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: proob4
I think "Muslims" Have a duty to stop all the nonsense if they want to. They should be inside fighting on their own if this is a peaceful religion as it it claimed? It's not and these assholes will stop at no end to disrupt any Christian way of life.

Seriously Islam is the enemy of all mankind.

Muslims if you are peaceful prove it. Fight your war and quit threatening everyone else in the meantime, or just kill yourselves already.

And what is the Christian way of life? To force everyone to live under the laws of Christian dogma? Also this may come as shock to you but America IS NOT a Christian nation no matter how much the delusional fools cry that it is a Christian nation. The founders of this nation knew better than to let religion in government and it is our fault for electing religious nutcases into office.

So if I make a video reading comments like this one on and post it here, will you all come and tell me that Christians rock?

Btw, plenty more offensive comments than this one get posted here regularly.
edit on 8-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
a reply to: Nyiah

Sometimes I wonder if the majority of American Muslims aren't just disenfranchised Christians who want to "belong" to something. You never used to hear about American Muslims..they've expanded rapidly like cults do. Now it's considered "hip" in some circles to be a Muslim in America. Meanwhile ISIS has members now in all of the states, just waiting for a command to carry out an attack on Christians or any American who isn't a Muslim. The FBI and other intelligence agencies even admit they are coming in faster than they can keep up with them, in their words it's like the story of the Dutch boy putting his finger in the dike to try and stop the flood. Islam isn't an American religion. This country was founded on the Bible, not the koran.

This country wss founded on freedom of religion.In fact the original people that came to the Amaricas even before the US came here to escape religous persecution.want to know by who?? The ROMAN CATHOLICs. Even if you don't condone the tenants of a religion they still have the right to practice it it's in the Constitution and is an right of all amaricans.

And don't think this isn't human nature we see it on display everywhere notice muslims hate jews. Jews hate Muslims and christians. And christians hate muslims. Says something for being buddist they don't hate anyone.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This is coming from an atheist, but in defense of the Christians, they haven't (recently) strapped explosives to themselves and blow up a school because girls learn there. They haven't beheaded someone for not believing in God exactly the same way they do. Hell, the most "radical" of Christian groups today, the Westboro Baptist Church, only pickets funerals of soldiers and gay people.

People need to stop defining terrorism and murder by the religion the murderer chooses to associate with, either that or make it a factor of every nutter murdering people. How many of those responsible for mass shootings in the USA were "Christian"? How many serial killers are Christian? How many people in prison for murder, child abuse or violent crime are Christian?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Actually, if you're referring to the Pilgrims and Puritans, they didn't go to New England to escape religious persecution, they went there because they were not being permitted to persecute others at home. They were prevented from inflicting their draconian religious beliefs onto others, and (ironically much like the Republican Christians of today) claimed that their inability to abuse others was an infringement on their religious freedom.

Their ambition in leaving was to form a new society of strict religious rule, not unlike that of the Taliban or ISIS today.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

This is coming from an atheist, but in defense of the Christians, they haven't (recently) strapped explosives to themselves and blow up a school because girls learn there. They haven't beheaded someone for not believing in God exactly the same way they do. Hell, the most "radical" of Christian groups today, the Westboro Baptist Church, only pickets funerals of soldiers and gay people.

People need to stop defining terrorism and murder by the religion the murderer chooses to associate with, either that or make it a factor of every nutter murdering people. How many of those responsible for mass shootings in the USA were "Christian"? How many serial killers are Christian? How many people in prison for murder, child abuse or violent crime are Christian?

Ok you were doing well until you said how many christians murder etc. This is thed Diffrence how many claim to do it for religion. There are crazy people everywhere that just want to kill others. Is it more likely a Muslim would kill using terrorism yes. Is it because if the Koran no. The reason is interpretations sadly many cannot interpret the Koran for themselves and they leave it to some Emam.These people are usually religous zealots so we get there interpretation of Islam.

Is that a problem yes can ir be fixed again yes. It's time for Islam to form a religous council. They need to vet the people interpreting the Koran make sure the message is consistent with the Koran before they can teach others. any religous nut can get others to follow them. Look at cult leaders throughout history. The trick is removing there message in most religions it's easy because priests are given there priesthood you get a consistent message. Until Islam stops allowing anyone to be Emam because they have followers nothing will change.

Now some of the comments even here are just disappointing let's use common sense it was wrong of her to provoke a fight. It's also wrong to call for her dearh. We have pwople arguing one ot the other they both are wrong! In any society it's not ok to attack anyone's religion period. It's their beliefs and they are entitled to them. And calling for someone's death be vase you are offended wrong again this is where you point our hiw stupid it was not try to kill them. I guess religion would continue to screw up this world until people wake up and realize all religions can coexist and don't have to eradicate th e others. If religions exist they need to be responsible for there message it's not ok for some priest to say muslims are evil etc.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

This is coming from an atheist, but in defense of the Christians, they haven't (recently) strapped explosives to themselves and blow up a school because girls learn there. They haven't beheaded someone for not believing in God exactly the same way they do.

And neither have a billion other Muslims. But hey let's lump them all together because of the radicals
Did I lump them together? Really? Because if you have even casually read any of my posts of the subject of Islam, I have said multiple times, in multiple threads that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, wonderful people.

But you stuff me in that pigeonhole if it makes you feel like a bigger person.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Actually Bush was a "former alcoholic" that became born again Christian to pander the religious right in order to get the votes to get in the White house, much of what he promised to the religious right he lie too was never fulfilled, but he did used religion in many ways to get the majority "Christian America" to approve his invasion of Iraq.

Actually, Bush lied about WMDs to get approval to go into Iraq. It had nothing to do with religion.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I see that you're trying to make the tenuous connection between Bush's religion and the invasion of Iraq.

Actually, I'm not. I'm trying to show that religion (of BOTH the terrorists and George Bush) has NOTHING to do with their actions. Their actions are political, not religious. Read my post again. I said, "Bush USED his religion...", not that he acted in accordance with his religion. He didn't. Just as the murderers do in the name of Islam.

The fact is religion had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, and you know that.

Yes, I do know that. Just as Islam had NOTHING to do with the terrorist actions and the killing of innocents. They SAY it's about religion, but in fact, they're USING religious interpretation to justify their criminal behavior. Both Bush and "religious radicals" USE the guise of religion, and kill in its name.

What you're suggesting is that if the perpetrator of any crime ascribes to any religion, then it's on the same level as islamic terror, which is patently false.

That's not at all what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting that blaming a religion, Christian or Muslim, for those who strap explosives to their chests and behead people, or those who invade a sovereign country and kill thousands of innocent people, is misplaced.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm not blaming an entire religion. I'm blaming radical extremists that follow that religion.
edit on 8-5-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: fixed missing word.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4Seriously religion is the enemy of all mankind.

corrected. you were almost right.
edit on R2015th2015-05-08T15:27:46-05:0020150pm1274 by RoScoLaz4 because: remove text

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
I think "Muslims" Have a duty to stop all the nonsense if they want to. They should be inside fighting on their own if this is a peaceful religion as it it claimed? It's not and these assholes will stop at no end to disrupt any Christian way of life.

Seriously Islam is the enemy of all mankind.

Muslims if you are peaceful prove it. Fight your war and quit threatening everyone else in the meantime, or just kill yourselves already.

I was not aware muslims had magical superpowers that allow them to detect and kill extremists?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The thing is, these Muslims get to sit there and laugh about comments...meanwhile Christians in the Middle East are being beheaded by the hundreds. Isn't it great to live in the USA?

A muslim who is a US citizen is responsible for what goes on in the ME why?

Are us chritians responsible for the sectarian violence that goes on in some african countrys?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Surely there are warning signs. Not all extremists are cunning liars who can fly under the radar for years. Sure, they exist, but they're uncommon. Take the case of the one of the perpetrators in Texas, there were warning signs, but sadly they went ignored until it was too late. Hell the FBI even investigated the dude. And to be fair, I know quite a few mosques that will report suspicious activity of any of their followers to the authorities, such as sympathizing with known terrorist cells, or making threatening statements. More power to them!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Sometimes I wonder if the majority of American Muslims aren't just disenfranchised Christians who want to "belong" to something. You never used to hear about American Muslims..they've expanded rapidly like cults do. Now it's considered "hip" in some circles to be a Muslim in America. Meanwhile ISIS has members now in all of the states, just waiting for a command to carry out an attack on Christians or any American who isn't a Muslim. The FBI and other intelligence agencies even admit they are coming in faster than they can keep up with them, in their words it's like the story of the Dutch boy putting his finger in the dike to try and stop the flood. Islam isn't an American religion. This country was founded on the Bible, not the koran.

I thought the USA was founded on freedom?

I mean you have a whole bit in the constitution ensureing freedom of religion....
edit on 8-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm not blaming an entire religion. I'm blaming radical extremists that follow that religion.

Like radical extremist Christians who blow up Mosques and abortion clinics?

edit on 8-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Surely there are warning signs. Not all extremists are cunning liars who can fly under the radar for years. Sure, they exist, but they're uncommon. Take the case of the one of the perpetrators in Texas, there were warning signs, but sadly they went ignored until it was too late. Hell the FBI even investigated the dude. And to be fair, I know quite a few mosques that will report suspicious activity of any of their followers to the authorities, such as sympathizing with known terrorist cells, or making threatening statements. More power to them!

Not muslim myself but live in a area were there are a few.

Most are just normal people who want to just have a normal life.
Not go round fighting battles of good and bad.

They will report suspicius activity at the drop of a hat of course and have done a few times.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Like radical extremist Christians who blow up Mosques and abortion clinics?

[Citation Needed]

When was the last abortion clinic bombing? I am genuinely curious.

Also, the Christian extremists in America are affecting their change in more insidious ways than violence. They've infiltrated government and are working to turn it slowly to a theocracy.
edit on 8-5-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join