It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Read Hate Comments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

originally posted by: Snarl

Islam is a way of life ...

It is a religion ...

See? You're as confused as I am. LOL

Can you elaborate on the confusion?

Is Islam a religion or is it a way of life? Who's to say when a Muslim is simply practicing religion or enforcing a way of life?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Islam is a way of life ...

It is a religion ...

See? You're as confused as I am. LOL

Can you elaborate on the confusion?

Is Islam a religion or is it a way of life? Who's to say when a Muslim is simply practicing religion or enforcing a way of life?

A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence. Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that aim to explain the meaning of life, the origin of life, or the Universe. From their beliefs about the cosmos and human nature, people may derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle.

Source: A simple freakin' Google search

So how is this not a way of life. LOL

You are confused by the english language, ahhh now I understand.
edit on 8-5-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Wow, you are very confused. Where did enforcing come from??? You are mixing up too many questions, just come out of the closet and say what you really mean.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If I could give you 1000 stars I would. You are probably one of the only clear headed people posting in this thread.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Many people like to claim that because of the separation of church and state, that the U.S. wasn't founded as a Christian country. Actually, the original colonies were based on the Christian denominations that founded them. The colonies were very exclusive to those denominations and the separation was created to ensure that no single Christian belief was instituted as a national religion.

That clause was more of an attempt to unify Christians sects and wasn't expected to make all religions equal, just keep any single Christian one from being endorsed by the federal government. No one back then believed that other religions had an equal footing with Christianity just like no one believed that all humans were created equally as they still owned slaves at that time. They even had a problem with the Catholics who are Christian and it took a while to accept them in the colonies.

It was a great idea at it's core, but it doesn't negate the fact that the United States was founded on Christian beliefs nor does it imply that the founders had any greater respect for other religions including Muslims, Jews, Hindus or Satanic cults, etc. This is a historic fact and to say otherwise is either ignorant of history or an outright lie meant to confuse or deflect from the truth. The same can be basically said about English as our national language, even though a specific national language was never claimed.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You are wrong sir. There may be some radical Muslims who are hate filled and out of control. Muslims are the most tolerant peaceful people I have ever known. Christians on the other hand are the most hateful and intolerant of all the people I have met.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Most of them were deists not Christians. That is why there is a separation of church and state. The founding fathers WERE NOT christians.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Forensick

Actually, this thread does echo the general tone, and impressions of Islam prevalent on ATS today. And one only needs to do a simple internet search to get an overall 'feeling' of how Americans perceive Muslims, and Islam.

Now is this because the informed US citizen is not making their voice heard in denouncing what ignorant US citizens are saying about Islam? I haven't heard much from them.

So I will continue to address things the way I currently see them.

Yep, I am American. I don't hate either religion. I honestly wish ATS would get rid of the religious forums since all I ever see is arguments that are equivalent to 13 year old mentality. I believe you find most hatred on the internet, because its easy to be a hard-ass behind a keyboard. Doubt most would have the balls to say these things to someones face.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

a reply to: Forensick

Actually, this thread does echo the general tone, and impressions of Islam prevalent on ATS today. And one only needs to do a simple internet search to get an overall 'feeling' of how Americans perceive Muslims, and Islam.

Now is this because the informed US citizen is not making their voice heard in denouncing what ignorant US citizens are saying about Islam? I haven't heard much from them.

So I will continue to address things the way I currently see them.

Yep, I am American. I don't hate either religion. I honestly wish ATS would get rid of the religious forums since all I ever see is arguments that are equivalent to 13 year old mentality. I believe you find most hatred on the internet, because its easy to be a hard-ass behind a keyboard. Doubt most would have the balls to say these things to someones face.

I have to agree with your sentiments on the religious forums, and how people can be big and tough behind a keyboard. But the fact that misinformed people are here on ATS, and discussing the topic at hand, opens up the opportunity for misconceptions to be rectified, and knowledge to be exchanged in an attempt to broker peaceful relations and understanding.

edit on 8-5-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

But the fact that misinformed people are here on ATS, and discussing the topic at hand, opens up the opportunity for misconceptions to be rectified, and knowledge to be exchanged in an attempt to broker peaceful relations and understanding

That would be a nice change. Hopefully it starts happening sooner than later.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It was a great idea at it's core, but it doesn't negate the fact that the United States was founded on Christian beliefs nor does it imply that the founders had any greater respect for other religions including Muslims, Jews, Hindus or Satanic cults, etc. This is a historic fact and to say otherwise is either ignorant of history or an outright lie meant to confuse or deflect from the truth. The same can be basically said about English as our national language, even though a specific national language was never claimed.

The founding fathers say you are wrong. You can find many quotes by them saying that America was not founded on the Christian faith.
Washington in his letter to the Touro Synagogue outlined his views for a multi-faith nation.
John Adams was a Unitarian. He rejected belief in the Trinity and the divinity of Jesus, core concepts of Christian dogma. In his personal writings, Adams made it clear that he considered the concept of the divinity of Jesus incomprehensible.
And this is what Jefferson said about Christianity. “And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.”
5 Reasons America Is Not -- And Has Never Been -- a Christian Nation

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

All I can say is some were deists, but the majority of founders were Christians. There were also many enlightened thinkers of that time and place who were influenced by deism, but held to Christian beliefs and practices. Deistic Christians are a label that is often applied to them. None of that disproves the fact that the colonies (the majority of people at that time) were founded on Christian beliefs and desired a nation founded on those principles.

From History.org
Deism One Nation Under A Clockwork God?

To some modern historians, “deism” is too simple a term to describe the complexity of the belief system of some Americans in the 1700s. The Reverend Thomas Buckley, SJ, professor of American religious history at the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley, said that belief is more complex than saying a person shrugged off Christianity and put on deism: “Too many historians keep calling the ‘founding fathers’ Deists. Even Thomas Jefferson on his worst days was not one of their ranks.” A better term than deist for most of them, Buckley said, is “rationalistic Christian.” Agreement on that point comes from Dreisbach, who said he thinks “there were relatively few Deists in America. There were a few elites who gravitated to a form of theistic rationalism, but we’re talking about a relatively few, albeit influential, elites.”

ETA: Actually, I'm rather fond of Deism, but it wasn't really that popular in 18th century politics as people would like to believe. It certainly wasn't a clear rejection of Christian beliefs and values at any rate.
edit on 8-5-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added extra comments

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Using this rationale then we can make the same argument about "All men are created equal" since the founding fathers really meant "All white, landowning, and English speaking men are created equal". Clearly we weren't meant to make anyone else equal right?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: proob4
I think "Muslims" Have a duty to stop all the nonsense if they want to. They should be inside fighting on their own if this is a peaceful religion as it it claimed? It's not and these assholes will stop at no end to disrupt any Christian way of life.

Seriously Islam is the enemy of all mankind.

Muslims if you are peaceful prove it. Fight your war and quit threatening everyone else in the meantime, or just kill yourselves already.

Jesus Proob... hey Charlie S!? You here?

LoL yeah.

Too much brain fail to respond to in that one.

I'm off to kill myself already.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You're a good dude in my book. I'd have a beer with ya. Well, I guess I'd buy you a tea or something.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Using this rationale then we can make the same argument about "All men are created equal" since the founding fathers really meant "All white, landowning, and English speaking men are created equal". Clearly we weren't meant to make anyone else equal right?

Your reading retention is quite poor I'd have to believe. Here is part of my post you omitted.

No one back then believed that other religions had an equal footing with Christianity just like no one believed that all humans were created equally as they still owned slaves at that time.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You're a good dude in my book. I'd have a beer with ya. Well, I guess I'd buy you a tea or something.

I like Charlie too. Cheers, I raise a glass to you Charlie.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They come across like just regular American kids that went to shopping mall and picked a religion. Maybe this is the trend it will take in the states. A kind of fluffy version to appeal to young people. It is good they are able to laugh at the comments even though it took them awhile to get the poor taste in jokes or even figure out the word muzzies . I have to admit I did laugh at bomb making class gone wrong joke but the video didn't come across as serious anyway. I think they should have been angry or at least someone should have at the comments so the video seems a little contrived.

If only Muslims could laugh at people that drawing Mohammed. We can only hope.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Fine. Then you disproved your own argument in your original post that I skimmed.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I think "Muslims" Have a duty to stop all the nonsense if they want to.

I agree.

They should be inside fighting on their own if this is a peaceful religion as it it claimed?

Hard for someone who is peaceful to become a fighter...
Starting to make less sense now.

It's not and these assholes will stop at no end to disrupt any Christian way of life.

Yeah I've already forcefully converted half my family and beheaded the other half for not paying Jizya.

Seriously Islam is the enemy of all mankind.

Seriously... You're not well.

Muslims if you are peaceful prove it.

How?

Fight your war and quit threatening everyone else in the meantime, or just kill yourselves already.

You want peaceful people to fight a war...
You're deluded.

I think people who tell others to kill themselves should kill themselves.
edit on 8-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join