It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Read Hate Comments

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup, most muslims I know would report someone in a hot minute if they started acting all suspicious. The good ones out there ARE doing the right thing, but they can't catch everyone, and they just try to live their lives, like you say. Thanks for being reasonable!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I have said multiple times, in multiple threads that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, wonderful people.

If that's true, and I believe it is, you may want to consider dropping the term "Muslim Terrorists" and the like. If what these radicals are doing has nothing to do with the real Islamic faith, because the VAST majority of Muslims are peaceful and condemn terrorism, why associate a religion to them? They're not part of any religion. They're renegade murderers, USING religion as justification.

Like Rocker said, "People need to stop defining terrorism and murder by the religion the murderer chooses to associate with..." Even if they USE their religion to justify the murder, as the terrorists AND many others do.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm not blaming an entire religion. I'm blaming radical extremists that follow that religion.

But they DON'T follow that religion. We could look into the bible and find passages that tell people to kill the unbelievers and sinners.

Deuteronomy 17:12
Exodus 22:17
Leviticus is full of commands to kill people.

But if some "radical Christians" made an entire "cult" around those verses, denying the rest of the bible, and took it upon themselves to kill non-believers in the name of "Christianity", are they Christians? Would their murderous rampages have anything to do with Christianity? Would it be proper to call them "Christian extremists"?

I don't think so.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I call them "Radical Extremists" and sometimes "Radical Muslims" or "Radical Islamists". Because that's what they are. Just like I call the Westboro Baptist Church "Radical Christians". They're Christians. And they're radical.

Not calling Radical Muslims what they are, Muslims, only shifts the goalposts and really reeks of some Social Justice Movement to prevent people's feelings from getting hurt. Well I'm sorry, I'm not in the business of sparing feelings when it comes to something like this. I prefer to be realistic.

ETA: And to answer the second part of your question, yes, they would be Christians. Extremists, highly misguided Christians, but still Christians.
edit on 8-5-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I have said multiple times, in multiple threads that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, wonderful people.

If that's true, and I believe it is, you may want to consider dropping the term "Muslim Terrorists" and the like. If what these radicals are doing has nothing to do with the real Islamic faith, because the VAST majority of Muslims are peaceful and condemn terrorism, why associate a religion to them? They're not part of any religion. They're renegade murderers, USING religion as justification.

Like Rocker said, "People need to stop defining terrorism and murder by the religion the murderer chooses to associate with..." Even if they USE their religion to justify the murder, as the terrorists AND many others do.

I'm not blaming an entire religion. I'm blaming radical extremists that follow that religion.

But they DON'T follow that religion. We could look into the bible and find passages that tell people to kill the unbelievers and sinners.

Deuteronomy 17:12
Exodus 22:17
Leviticus is full of commands to kill people.

But if some "radical Christians" made an entire "cult" around those verses, denying the rest of the bible, and took it upon themselves to kill non-believers in the name of "Christianity", are they Christians? Would their murderous rampages have anything to do with Christianity? Would it be proper to call them "Christian extremists"?

I don't think so.

In this case it's probably justified since that is how they identify themselves. With out saying radical muslims then when they identify themselves as muslims we are presented with a problem. How to get people to understand these aren't all muslims. As long as they identify themselves as soldiers of Islam we need the qualifier.

I mean when it comes to truths and reality it can't be ignored even though it's not PC. In a perfect world you would be 100 percent right.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I call them "Radical Extremists" and sometimes "Radical Muslims" or "Radical Islamists". Because that's what they are. Just like I call the Westboro Baptist Church "Radical Christians". They're Christians. And they're radical.

I think I see our point of disagreement. My mother was a Christian. I have known many good Christian people. And these hateful, judgmental people and murderers (abortion clinic) are anything but "Christians" to me.

If a drug dealer says he's a physician, I don't call him "Doctor".

I didn't mean to pick on you. I've wanted to address this issue for a while and your post gave me the opportunity.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Rocker2013

This is coming from an atheist, but in defense of the Christians, they haven't (recently) strapped explosives to themselves and blow up a school because girls learn there. They haven't beheaded someone for not believing in God exactly the same way they do. Hell, the most "radical" of Christian groups today, the Westboro Baptist Church, only pickets funerals of soldiers and gay people.

Neither have they lynched black people.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I think I see our point of disagreement. My mother was a Christian. I have known many good Christian people. And these hateful, judgmental people and murderers (abortion clinic) are anything but "Christians" to me.

If a drug dealer says he's a physician, I don't call him "Doctor".

I didn't mean to pick on you. I've wanted to address this issue for a while and your post gave me the opportunity.
You're not picking on me! We can disagree and still leave the thread friends.

You're right, I wouldn't call a drug dealer a doctor simply because he calls himself one, but religion is treated differently. Anyone can be any religion, regardless of education, race, upbringing, etc. All you have to do to be religious is agree with and practice, in part or in whole, the tenets laid out by religious texts and persons of note within that religion.

Most Christians today don't practice the parts of the bible that dictate killing people, just as most Muslims don't practice those violent parts of their text either.

But there are those that do, and just because they practice differently from other "mainstream" believers of their faith, doesn't mean they don't belong to that faith as whole. I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Actually religious radicalism/extremism is usually universally denounced by mainstream religious as not true to these religions so it's quite unfair to say they are still representing of said religions outside of extremists mind.

Saying radical muslims are still muslims only validates them, while the majority of muslims will tell you radicals are not true muslims.

I think I trust mainstream muslims more than you to know what defines a muslim, especially when all religions specifically say murder is a major sin. There is no way around it.
edit on 8-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

It's all about perception. They follow the Qu'ran, just as mainstream muslims do. Only they may interpret it differently or take certain things from it more literally. Just because they follow their religion differently doesn't mean they not part of that religion. Protestants are still Christians, Baptists are still Christians, there are TON christian denominations, and there are tons of Muslim denominations are well. Are some denominations LESS Christian or Muslim than others among the peaceful ones? What makes the violent ones any different?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And the fact that suicide in Islam earns you a nonrefundable ticket to hell, yet radical Muslims are stil doing it. They love cherry picking verses and taking them out of context to justify their crimes.

The only thing they could find was some vague hadith and twisted it to use it as justification.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Interpretation is one thing.

Breaking the major rule that murder is sin is not interpretation. Whatever radicals say about it.

Radicals are not religious, they are political.

When radicals kill "infidel" it's not a religious practice, it's a political warfare.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No, we do not need to change terminology to appeal to politically correct BS

So many of our problems in this country are because of Political correctness and the inability and reluctancy for people to call issues WHAT THEY ARE , for fear of being called a bigot or a racist........

Enough....

They are muslim terrorists, and muslim extremists, they carry the Koran, they say they are doing it for Allah , they are what they are...

Now you can argue they dont follow the teachings as it should be or what have you

but enough trying to change the damn language in order to confuse or change the issue....

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Stick to your guns you are not wrong....the same people who tell you that you need to change what you call them, sure as HELL dont follow their own advice when it comes to christians or jews, the agenda is clear ....do not let them try to move you out of your own common sense

Yes most muslims do not agree with what muslim extremists do, but NO we do not need to change how we say things to appease thin skinned individuals who would rather make the discussion in this country and indeed the world, about this issue a political one.......

its not about politics or PC crap, its about right and wrong, they ARE muslim extremist, again it can be debated on whether they follow the true teachings , ad nauseum, thats fine let them ahve that debate......

but dont Kow Tow to the bs.....
edit on 5/8/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

When a crazy man claims he is Napoleon nothing forces you to buy his delusion and encourage him by calling him Napoleon.

You are free to do it but it's a bit irresponsible

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

When a crazy man claim he is Napoleon nothing forces you to buy his delusion and encourage him by calling him Napoleon.

You are free to do it but it's a bit irresponsible

No refusing to address them for who and what they say they are fighting for is irresponsible...

Trying to make it PC in order to confuse the issue is irresponsible...

Trying to make it where you cannot address the issue without being called a bigot or a racist (which i never got because islam is not a race) is irresponsible....

Napoleon (person) vs Belief system is not equal thats apples and oranges and people know it

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I never said you can't call them that way.

All I said is doing so does not solve the issue (since the problem isn't Islam but politics) and will only cause more racism and religious hate.

It's all about what you want to achieve, not about political correctness.

Explaining why they aren't muslims is denying ignorance, calling them muslims is spreading ignorance.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

All I said is doing so does not solve the issue (since the problem isn't Islam but politics) and will only cause more racism and religious hate.

The fundamental Islam is both religion AND politics.....so of course Islam is about politics, their religion dictates that Islam operates within its government and its court system ......Sharia Law sound familiar? Muslim countries operate UNDER the gov body of ISLAM.......

The whole goal of the muslim extremist is to convert all people to Islam (or die) and establish a world wide one religion and POLITICAL system, of for and BY Islam....

It's all about what you want to achieve, not about political correctness.

Explaining why they aren't muslims is denying ignorance, calling them muslims is spreading ignorance.

No its not.....because they are muslim, they may be violent extremist but they are still muslim...

If muslims are upset at this then I suggest doing more to root out the problem.....

WE are not the problem, our TERMINOLOGY is not the problem, the problem are those who use Islam as a means to behead, kill, blow up, and other wise mass murder people as a tenant of their belief system.....

IF they are upset about the association , then put a stop to it......

end of story

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
.Sharia Law sound familiar?

Sharia law condems murder.

On another note:
As an American, how do you feel when foreigners tell you you should do something about the deeds of the American government and army, or criticize American imperialism, American racism and American bigotry?

I know American is not a religion but the situation is similar for Muslims who are told they should do something about terrorism if they don't want to be associated with it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't like any outdated religions, even Christianity, but you have to take step back for a minute.

I really liked this video and it really put a human face on American Muslims.

If you were born, and none of us really gets a choice on who we're born to or where...if you were born in to a Muslim family, that's what you would be. Just as these people probably were.

Some of you on this thread want to condemn people just because they drew an unlucky card on how they were born. None of us chooses that.

However, I do condemn the religion of Islam it is violent and offensive but I hold Christianity up the same way. It is no better, just more mature. My theory on religions is that the older a religion is, the more peaceful it becomes or it dies out. I'm still trying to see where Judaism fits in there and if the Israeli governments violence can be directly tied to the religion.

Hate the religion, not the person.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join