It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Woman - Representing God & Jesus - Files Lawsuit Against "All Homosexuals"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Soo...this happened.

Source

Sylvia Driskell, a 66-year-old woman in Nebraska, has filed a lawsuit against all people who identify as LGBT, the Omaha World-Herald Reports. In a case filed on May 1 with the district court in Omaha, called, “Driskell v. Homosexuals,” Driskell identifed herself as an ambassador for “God, And His, Son, Jesus Christ” as the plaintiff. The defendants? “Homosexuals; Their Given Name Homosexuals; Their, [alias] Gay.”

It would be really hard to make this stuff up. I really hope the Judge is soft and doesn't laugh her out of court during the first day. If anybody actually hears the thing at all.

“Why are judges passing laws, so sinners can break religious, and moral laws. Will all the judges of this Nation, judge God to be a lier (sic.). For God has said, that all unrighteousness is sin, And that homosexuality is abomination.”

Yes, YOUR morality isn't important to 99% of the world.

At least you're standing up for your convictions I guess.

~Tenth

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Can I represent the LBGT community as defence counsel?

In all seriousness tho, some ultra-right wing group will fit the bill for her to have counsel, and draw the case out for as long as possible to keep it in the media.

Total abuse of the justice system, but meh--I'm Australian, you couldnt get away with that sh#t here.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

If she is going to attempt to represent Jesus, she REALLY needs to read what he said....

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I really hope the Judge is soft and doesn't laugh her out of court during the first day.

I hope the judge sees this as a frivolous lawsuit and bills her for the court's time...maybe even water board her so she thinks twice about doing this again.

And as a wise individual once said, A person who represents himself, has a fool for a client.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

If she is going to attempt to represent Jesus, she REALLY needs to read what he said....

That always ruins it for those folk. This is how I imagine this lady is:

~Tenth

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

blink blink. egads.

this can't be real.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Has the statute of limitation for God's genocides come and gone?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

How about you Tenth, representing humans, file a law-suit against "All Oxygen Thieves".....with this twat as case-in-point.

and
with a dose of
for good measure.

Seriously cannot believe this person has decided she is God's rep in such matters, again with no proof of being given this divine rite, except in her head - the pope would be beside himself I think because he feels differently about homosexuals and I'm pretty sure he, and others, considers himself God's rep.

"Bat-ship-crazy stuff you simply cannot make up".
edit on 6-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Nice.

God hasn't perpetrated any genocides. The crimes men choose to commit with their own free will is their failing alone.
edit on 6-5-2015 by DiggerDogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DiggerDogg

Maybe you should actually read the Bible if you think that.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiggerDogg

Nice.

God hasn't perpetrated any genocides. The crimes men choose to commit with their own free will is their failing alone.

Yeah..the great flood was a genocide. And that's just off the top of my head. Plenty more of than in the Old Testament..

~Tenth

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: DiggerDogg

Maybe you should actually read the Bible if you think that.

Have you read it?

Besides, the God of the Bible is subject to the misattributions of those who wrote about him. The God of the Bible is not necessarily my God, though I do value the Bible (and other theological/liturgical texts) as being genuine and (allegorically) truthful in their own right.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Meh. Just another nutcase. She filed it. It made the news. Now, it will not even be heard In court and we will have forgotten about it by the weekend. People file crazy all time that we never hear about.

And yes...people have tried and failed to sue "God".
edit on 6-5-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So she can file a lawsuit against LGBT people and it actually gets filed yet no one will step-up and file a class action lawsuit against the government of the United States for the litany of unethical things they've perpetrated against We The People? What a bummer...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Have you read it?

Yes.

Besides, the God of the Bible is subject to the misattributions of those who wrote about him. The God of the Bible is not necessarily my God, though I do value the Bible (and other theological/liturgical texts) as being genuine and (allegorically) truthful in their own right.

So which is it? They are genuine and truthful or erroneous because of the fallible men who wrote them? Or do you just pick and choose bits and pieces from them all and disregard the rest?

Anyway, we shouldn't go off topic. If you want to talk about it more feel free to U2U me or find an appropriate thread.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there are still too many people who secretly agree with this kind of insanity. But they would never admit to it, or have the courage to do it themselves. I can think of a few right here in the town I live in. It's sad that dictating which gender a person can be attracted to is more important than the myriad of other REAL problems our country faces right now.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Have you read it?

Yes.

So which is it? They are genuine and truthful or erroneous because of the fallible men who wrote them? Or do you just pick and choose bits and pieces from them all and disregard the rest?

Anyway, we shouldn't go off topic. If you want to talk about it more feel free to U2U me or find an appropriate thread.

Well, are you familiar with the idea of subjectivism? Many atheist/modernist trains of thought rely on subjectivism, i.e. there is no objective knowledge or morality, and everything is "subject" to the feelings and perceptions of the individual. This thinking holds that any and all beliefs are valid.

So, according to your own dogma, the Bible is truthful because it represented the genuine beliefs of men.

*Edit- missed the last part of your post, I will take it into another thread if I can

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I guess they'll have to subpoena God and Jesus to the court so they can testify that the little Black Book is indeed the world of God. While he's in the courtroom can we get his opinion as to the Quaran also, along with all the other relgious texts in the world?

If this makes it into a courtroom it will just be another item to put on my list of things that prove that our country has gone completely insane!!!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hahahaa. God is not real. If he were he would not need anyone to represent him. Especially in a court room with human laws.

I would like to see a people vs god case go up and when god is proven to be "not real" in a court of law, then maybe we can move on from this society crippling fantasy. People who do believe in gods should not be allowed to testify as they have serious mental problems.

By now, even she knows god is not real. Why else would she submit his opinion by proxy.

On a personal note, i love seeing these fundies doing stupid # like this. It will be a red flag for someone sitting on the fence and they will run away from the side of the crazies.

edit on 6-5-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think she did indeed file it!! At first I thought it wasn't real but well then I found this...

dockets.justia.com...:2015cv00158/69317

She's identifying herself as an "ambassador" of God...
so well you'd think that under the law she would have the same power as an ambassador of any other country.
so this would be comparable to the Iranian ambassador coming here and suing all the women for not wearing proper attire, which is against the laws of Iran... but legal here...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join