It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two shot outside Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
But the winner of the competition got $10,000 a silver lining for them.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Someone got shot by a Muslim by the sounds of it too, so it's a win-win.

I think later today, i'll go down a bar and pick the crazy looking guy with a well-known reputation for violent over-reactions and insult what he holds dear. Then i'll go run behind some folk, who will hopefully get shot.

Then i'll cry about it

edit on 4-5-2015 by skalla because: typo

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Just put an add in the paper with some insults and your address the crazies should come to you.

Then you can just sit at home with both barrels loaded.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Just read the other thread about the exhibit today. Pretty wild I think. I hope they shoot the per p and he is not able to kill more...JUST shows ISIS IS HE RE whatever you think of is is being an over their problem it is here. Even if it turns out to be radicalized Islamic American citizens

Uhh those are two entirely different statements, so no, it doesn't proove that in any significant way. Talk about a textbook non sequitur.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out this was a trap set up to tempt Islamic extremism.

That thought did cross my mind. But by whom? Geller or the government?

Local police FBI Department of Homeland Security who knows.

But if they are extremist and they capture one of them alive. I sure hope they don't deprive him of any sleep. (Sarcasm)

You also live in a generation that faces a greater threat from cops than terrorists.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
a reply to: thenewguy1987

Am I the only one that smells set up?

SWAT was already there? Really? We just had to have our own fake Charlie Hebdo because the real fake Charlie Hebdo wasn't enough?

Let's set up more plots to foil and then proclaim how awesome we are, and just in time to distract the masses from the real enemies. Next please...

Good lord. Look, because of what happened with Hebdo it would be suspicious and neglegent NOT to have swat team there. Lay off the crazy punch brother

edit on 4-5-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
My local news Fox4 reported that there were two explosions at around 2:00 am...The shooters brought bombs?

I will update if I get more information on this.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

I hope so, because when you give in they win. I suppose if Muslims attack the centre owners like those anti abortion nutjobs do at clinics we should shut all the clinics too?

I get that. I understand the mentality it takes to get behind the "if we bend to their will-they win".

But really, is it all that hard to be respectful of one simple thing?

I do understand the position of not giving in to terrorism, but there IS another side to all of this. As there always is. And is drawing tasteless cartoons really worth it? If it is, then don't be surprised when these things happen.

As totally insane as it might be to make the request of not drawing a picture-or die... How hard is it NOT to draw it?

Respect is (usually) a two way street. You can't go dropping bombs on a foreign land and demand respect while drawing offensive caricatures of a religious figure. With this you will never see peace and tranquility among all men. And to those who think you can bomb an ideology into submission... Ya let me know how that goes when you're still at it a few hundred years from now.

Now that I have said that, I won't be surprised at the responses I'll be getting...if any. Keep in mind I'm just being a devil's advocate. In no way shape or form do I support any form of aggression or violence to get what you want. ISIS and their supporters are all scum. As are the asshats on the other side of it all, stirring the pot for oil profits.

That said, maybe it's time American's/ Westerners start getting pissed at the relationship their governments have with Saudi Arabia...the main supporter of ISIS...or ISIL or Al Qaeda or whoever they are now.

Fat chance that'll happen though. I suspect that the majority of Westerners eat mainstream media for breakfast and crap out stinky opinions based on lies.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Aye, that would indeed be preferable rather than making a big song and dance about it. As it is she took the risk that members of the public get stuck in the middle of her and her murderous adversaries and facilitated the shooting of some poor sod who is presumably on a low-wage.
I wonder if she will at least show some class and pay his medical bills, or wages while he is foff work?

Anyways, I'm bloody glad she was kept out of the UK.

We already knew Islamic Extremists were dangerous, didn't need her trolling for effect.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Is that what the Police look like over there?

They look like they are in Iraq.

Dear god.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
If you're going to have a cartoon contest where the sole subject is the Prophet Mohammed, you're going to attract the ire of the Muslim community.

The organizers KNEW that this was going to create a problem, and went ahead with it anyway.

The organizers are totally responsible for the deaths of the people who were shot. Even if they didn't pull the trigger, the security guards wouldn't have been needed had this ridiculous contest not taken place.

What an utterly ridiculous statement. Some people , like you, just don't get it. The terrorist wishes to impose their beliefs on us. Nobody is forcing muslims to attend the event, nobody is forcing muslims to gaze upon the cartoons. There is nothing to stop a muslim from standing there with a placard. What we don't do in the west is shoot people because we disagree with their viewpoint.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I don't understand why it could not have been done on social media. If you filled up twitter with blasphemous imagary I wonder, if they would attempt to take it offline or discontenue to use it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Have the Islam apologists shown up in this thread yet?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

originally posted by: Forensick

I hope so, because when you give in they win. I suppose if Muslims attack the centre owners like those anti abortion nutjobs do at clinics we should shut all the clinics too?

I get that. I understand the mentality it takes to get behind the "if we bend to their will-they win".

But really, is it all that hard to be respectful of one simple thing?

I do understand the position of not giving in to terrorism, but there IS another side to all of this. As there always is. And is drawing tasteless cartoons really worth it? If it is, then don't be surprised when these things happen.

As totally insane as it might be to make the request of not drawing a picture-or die... How hard is it NOT to draw it?

Respect is (usually) a two way street. You can't go dropping bombs on a foreign land and demand respect while drawing offensive caricatures of a religious figure. With this you will never see peace and tranquility among all men. And to those who think you can bomb an ideology into submission... Ya let me know how that goes when you're still at it a few hundred years from now.

Now that I have said that, I won't be surprised at the responses I'll be getting...if any. Keep in mind I'm just being a devil's advocate. In no way shape or form do I support any form of aggression or violence to get what you want. ISIS and their supporters are all scum. As are the asshats on the other side of it all, stirring the pot for oil profits.

That said, maybe it's time American's/ Westerners start getting pissed at the relationship their governments have with Saudi Arabia...the main supporter of ISIS...or ISIL or Al Qaeda or whoever they are now.

Fat chance that'll happen though. I suspect that the majority of Westerners eat mainstream media for breakfast and crap out stinky opinions based on lies.

Does respect also include not having an art exhibit featuring the figure of Jesus in urine to offend Christians or is respect only a one way street of not drawing Mohammad cartoons to offend Muslims?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I see all these people on here talking about being respectful.......

Yet I see those same people , on forums about anything Christian being utterly disrespectful.......

Wonder what the difference is?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Yet I see those same people , on forums about anything Christian being utterly disrespectful.......

Yep. See my reply above yours. Liberals are all for tolerance as long as it's not white, male, Christians.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Is there a law here in America that says you CAN'T draw a picture of mohamed?

Last I checked the answer is no.

Regardless of your "personal" feelings about it, every single American should be standing up for the right to do it, and against the idiot criminal that shot the people.

Freedom of Speech has ZERO limits. You either support it 100% or you believe it shouldn't be.

You do not have the right to not be offended, and rightly so.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
Is there a law here in America that says you CAN'T draw a picture of mohamed?

Last I checked the answer is no.

Regardless of your "personal" feelings about it, every single American should be standing up for the right to do it, and against the idiot criminal that shot the people.

Freedom of Speech has ZERO limits. You either support it 100% or you believe it shouldn't be.

You do not have the right to not be offended, and rightly so.

Freedom of speech has ZERO LImits eh?

What about all those FREE SPEECH ZONES?

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out this was a trap set up to tempt Islamic extremism.

I thought hunting over bait was illegal.

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Liberal Double Standard.

I think it's actually a class at the Indoctrination Facilities (Universities) now. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join