It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Situation Just Went Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I'll try to type this account while it is still fresh.
I don't see getting any sleep any time soon.
My hands are shaking as I type this.
I was at the bar until a little after one a.m.
I went home and fell in bed.
I was just falling to sleep when I snapped awake with what I can best describe as a sense of extreme dread and nausea.
I jumped out of bed to go puke outside.
Then I heard breaks squealing and a loud sound of metal smashing.
I ran to see what was going on. I knew it was a bad wreck.
Two trucks collided about a thousand yards up the road, obviously at high speed.
There was already a cop on the scene when I got there.
There were bodies scattered all over the road.
I rushed in to see if I could help, and a deputy told me to stay back as other lights and sirens were rushing on their way.
There were four fire trucks , four ambulances, about a dozen patrol cars, and two life flight helicopters on the scene within minutes.
There are the destroyed remnants of a truck on my property, knocked about two hundred feet from the road, onto my property.
Good God!
As far as I could tell there were two vehicles with multiple passengers involved.
They are still cleaning up the scene.
There was nothing for me to do.
There are surely multiple fatalities.

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That sucks.

That said, it is a fairly common experience for police officers and paramedics.

I have unfortunately seen many fatalities, especially as the result of traffic accidents.

Dead women, dead children. I hate it.

I am sure you will be okay though. Good on you for trying to help. Not many people would do that.

Hang in there.

+4 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You definitely picked a good time to leave the bar. An hour later it could've been you painted on the pavement. Not a lot you can do in some situations, just be thankful you weren't involved.

Take some sugar for the shock & some water to sober you up.

If it was as brutal as you say, you can take solace in the fact the victims likely didn't suffer, and everything ended quickly.

RIP.

+9 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I feel for all of those involved and those who will be affected.
I have seen death and violence enough to deal with it.
What shakes me up the most is I seem to have felt it coming seconds before it happened.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Oh god, that is terrible!
The feeling that woke you up and made you sick is an interesting phenomenon, that happens to people a lot. Some weird sort of sense, though I hear of it most often concerning people we are close to (loved ones).

I had a similar feeling last night. I went to bed at 1:30 am too, after playing card games with my grown kids and their mates at home. I had just fallen asleep when I was awoken by terrible sharp pains in my chest. They were short and incredibly painful. i had that feeling of doom, and began to think about my oldest son, who had left to drive home, about two hours away. I became terribly afraid that what I was picking up on is some sort of harm he was experiencing.
It's morning now, too early to risk waking him up with a call, but I am still slightly concerned that he might have had a car accident on the way home. I hope not.

In your description, I keep thinking it is terrible that you saw all that... I hope you can digest this trauma in the long run- it sounds horrible!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I really hope your son is alright.
I have no idea yet who was involved in what I witnessed tonight.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I know how you feel in regards to the feeling you had, I have experienced something similar to this quite a few times.
The best way I can describe it is like feeling energy building around and through you before the event up until the event takes place, then as in the case of the car accident, in my experience the impact sound seemed and felt out of key or time. it's hard to explain.
but the outstanding thing is that as soon as the event had occured the initial feeling was released and normal human emotions come into play, for me anyway.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

This is why I do understand police...they have a horrible job and deal with this sorta of thing all the time. It stays with you for a long time and some deal with it better than others, especially when children are involved. Its a side of the job that many of us never think about. Not that I offer any excuses for some officers bad decisions made in heartbeat but do give them respect and thumbs up when I can. I realize that there are some out there who make decisions and bad ones because they are bad people but we find these sorts of people every where and need to weed them out when we can.

Sorry you had to witness that crash and lets hope that they got there in time to save somebody's life and that maybe we all slow down a little and drive safer. Prayers for the families and for you and that you are able to calm down and get some rest.
edit on 5/3/2015 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I have senior first aid training as part of my job and have often wondered how i would handle it if i was ever needed to do something . Hopefully i never have to find out .

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Is it usual for two trucks to be carrying lots of people?

Our lorries in the UK normally only have the driver and perhaps a driver's mate...that's it, unless there are 100 illegals hiding in the back of course, but it's unusual for lorries to be full of passengers.

How did one of the trucks end up so far off the road into your property...200 feet is a long way for a truck to be thrown, that must have been one hell of an impact.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry you had to witness that scene. I've had the unfortunate luck of trying to aid the driver of a car which was involved in a major collision in front of me. It was an older car, and this was a good while ago, so the car didn't have airbags. And the driver wasn't wearing a seat belt. Without going into a terrible amount of detail, it was visually evident that her ribs and sternum were crushed from 10' away. And she had numerous obvious injuries beyond that. I had to perform rescue breathing until the first responders arrived. I never found out whether she survived or not, but the memory of that night has haunted me for 20+ years.
I hope you can ease your mind quickly, and I hope the victims of the crash scene you saw live and recover quickly.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Makes you wonder how emergency people handle it doesn't it?

I bet many of them have symptoms of PTSD or similar...or they are perhaps made of sterner stuff than most people?

Either way, they must have seen and experienced terrible things.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Oh god that is just horrible just horrible

May the dead rest in peace

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Very strange that you would have such an experience just prior to this happening. Do you feel like this was some kind off paranormal event?

Heavy situation indeed.

a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

I'm sorry if this is awfully off-topic but why take sugar for the shock?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Sugar helps to dull stress reactions. That's why I love sugar ^_^ good tip btw

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Aahh, I see. Thanks for letting me know.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

He said it was just parts of the truck that landed on his property. Still a long ways, since the crash happened 1000 yards up the road, which is 3000 feet, over half a mile, and then an additional 200 feet off to the side of the road up onto his property, which wouldn't necessarily mean 3200 feet, since the 200 foot distance would be perpendicular, I'm imagining, from the 3000 foot distance/ line of sight to the crash scene... So 3000 feet down the road from the crash, then turn left or right 90 degrees, at a right angle, then walk 200 feet to the broken truck parts.

Of course, and this is of no fault to the OP, considering we can assume they are in a shaken up state and were possibly at the brink of going into shock at the time of writing, we can forgive them if they got some of the details wrong...

There is also a possibility of road rage or something similar, where an initial collision may have taken place closer to op's property, which woke him up, and while giving chase, the 2 vehicles may have crashed again a half mile down the road. Or maybe one of the vehicles involved in the initial collision, either while chasing or trying to get away from the other vehicle, may have ignored a traffic light or stop sign, causing them to collide with another vehicle which had nothing to do with the initial collision that hypothetically took place in front of op's property.

It would be interesting if they were to find that the broken parts in ops yard belonged to a 3rd vehicle not involved in the collision that took place down the road.

Even if op was, unbeknownst to him, woken up by a collision that took place nearer to his property, that still does not mean the nasua and dreadful feeling did not come from some kind of intuitive knowing of what was soon to come.

OP: I'm Terribly sorry you had to experience this! And I feel terrible for the victims of this accident, dead or injured... I absolutely HATE this sort of thing. Any unnecessary suffering, misery or loss of life is just intolerable, because it's unnecessary.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It seems to me that if you made it home from the bar and into bed for a while, that you probably didn't have too much to drink that caused the urge to vomit, it depends on if you were downing a bunch of shots and mixing it up I would think.

The sense of dread and the timing of waking up sounds related to an impending sense of the crash before it actually happened. Even going outside to get sick seems unusual. If I had woke to being sick, esp. after being out drinking, I would have ran to the bathroom before going outside.

It all sounds so very strange and quite tragic. Sorry for you that you had such an experience and for those involved in the accident. I too would like to know how so many were in such a situation and if alcohol was involved in their demise.
edit on 3-5-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i once witnessed a car crash were there was a fatality.

i was going home from work, about 50 yards behind a chevy pickup. when a i want to say a z car, not sure of the year, came flying on the interstate from the on ramp and slammed into the pickup.

myself another person stopped right away to help. they went to the truck and i went to the z car. i'll never forget the sight and smell.

first thing i saw was, what once must have been a beautiful blond woman. who's face now was a blank stare, eyes unblinking with blood smeared all over one side of her face. no movement what so ever, her chest didn't move and i felt no pulse. there was blood and what i say was some sort of clear liquid bubbling from her mouth.

the next thing that struck me was the smell of blood, and the the undeniable smell of alcohol. later when the troopers took my statement they informed me that she was dead.

i'll never forget that, but it didn't haunt me. it just strengthened my resolve to continue on my drive to stay clean and sober.
edit on 3-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Interesting thought, there may have been a first collision near the OP's home that left truck parts. Like you said, that could be what woke him up at first. Other than that, also I think it is interesting that he seemed to sense the car wreck before it happened. Sensing it could be what woke him up!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join