It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Situation Just Went Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

np! just learned that the other day, myself. Some article or study with ptsd I believe.

edit on 4-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Why was the cop there already? I imagine you were there within a couple of minutes of the crash?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
where did this happen...any media reports?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hang in there. I was an MP for a little while after the war and didn't know what to do with myself. Saw a few wrecks. Nothing speaks like life lost all over the asphalt. I saw a chevy long box full of high school kids get t-boned by another vehicle at a 4-way. Back in the days when kids rode around in the back of pickups. It was grizzly. Sorry friend. I found trying to comfort the families helped. If one impacts you more than another take the time to get to know who they were and remember them.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

I've seen a lot of accidents out here in California though. Hey, you mentioned seeing someone trapped in a burning vehicle, what happened? ~$heopleNation

Since we're telling our horror stories, I've also seen someone burn to death in their vehicle and have never talked about it since. It was in early 2014 my wife and I were driving on I-95 back to Daytona and we just got on freeway from Cocoa Beach and were driving along talking when just in front of the car in front of us was an RV who had a blowout. I heard the boom and saw debris shoot out from the side of the RV into the ditch off the right side of the freeway. He started swerving and then drove right off the freeway into some trees. It was weird because it didn't seemed like he hit that hard, but right away on the right front side of the RV it started on fire. My wife and I ran right down to him and she was up to his window first, but I got freaked out cuz I was worried about it exploding so I told her to get the F back and me and two other drivers started trying to get him out. I asked him right away if anyone else was in there and he said he was alone. I heard a woman behind me asking him by name if he was okay and he said he was just to get him out. We were pulling on him and reaching in to pull on him, but his legs were trapped under the dash. My hands were slipping off his hands and arms because of the black charcoal from the burning vehicle and his sweat, and he looks me in the eyes and says "get me out." We tried and tried but couldn't budge him and then I had to turn and walk away and I wasn't even a few feet away before the entire cab was engulfed in flames. During all this there was a woman screaming behind me in my wifes arms. It turned out the car that was between us and the RV was the guy's wife following him and they were returning the RV to some friends they borrowed it from for the weekend. It was horrible. When I was sitting in the highway patrol car giving my statement to the officer I couldn't help but finally break down crying. He said that even he, as a cop, hadn't experienced anything in that much depth, even coming up on accidents, cuz folks are usually dead by then, or they save them. I wished I had a happier ending to that one and that we could have saved the guy. My wife and I both still choke up every now and then thinking about that day.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I feel for all of those involved and those who will be affected.
I have seen death and violence enough to deal with it.
What shakes me up the most is I seem to have felt it coming seconds before it happened.

You were drunk lol. Its called the spins and your body saying get up or roll over cause your guts are coming up, if you don't your going to choke on your own vomit. If you were not drunk, then your story would be special.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
Why was the cop there already? I imagine you were there within a couple of minutes of the crash?

Drunk and trying to run a 1000 yards not 100 lol. That would take some time.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Damn Rez that's rough. Even though you couldn't save him at least you ante'd up and tried to. You did the right thing. I know that probably doesn't give solace but it counts. Thanks sir.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: termi

Damn Rez that's rough. Even though you couldn't save him at least you ante'd up and tried to. You did the right thing. I know that probably doesn't give solace but it counts. Thanks sir.

Thanks for that Termi. I hear ya, no matter how much I tell myself I did everything I could, it still sucks.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Damn bro, That was a good story, horrifying but good. I am sorry that you two had to experience something like that. My Friend's younger Sister burned alive out here in Northern California a few years ago right on the shoulder of the freeway. Some people recorded it on their cell phones, while others tried to save her.

Then my friend, overdosed a few weeks later. Both of them gone, in the span of a month. Someone should start a tragedy thread, cause I could add some crazy true stories. I have lost so many friends violently that I went to high school with. Crazy thing is, we all grew up in Middle class neighborhoods. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

What a horrible way to wake up! Guessing the sound of the crash is what did it?

Only thing close to this I have experienced was when a house, just over a mile from us, blew up early one morning. Gas leak was the conclusion. The blast shook the house and rattled windows.

Stuff like this is not a good way to awaken!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Mr skunkape23 has failed to return to defend his fabricated tale, which is exactly what it is. He claims that the accident happened 1000 yards down the road, yet a large chunk of one of the dual cab trucks that were supposedly involved, landed in his front yard from 250 feet away?

Ok well we know that 100 yards is the length of a football field. We also know that 1000 yards is equal to the length of 10 football fields. 3 feet = 1 yard, so 200 feet divided by 3 = 66.66667 yards, Which brings us to the conclusion that it is not possible for any wreckage to have reached his front yard unless he miscalculated his 1000 yard assumption, which is quite the gap even when leaving some wiggle room for mathematical errors.

So with that being said, I believe this entire story was orchestrated after a fun night of drinking, which led to the expected, irrational posting here on ATS while under the influence of alcohol. Let me be clear here though, I have not fabricated any stories here myself, but I have participated in discussion while under the influence. So no judgment about that part of it here my friends!

Pour me another.................
~$heopleNation

edit on 4-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Mr skunkape23 has failed to return to defend his fabricated tale, which is exactly what it is. He claims that the accident happened 1000 yards down the road, yet a large chunk of one of the dual cab trucks that were supposedly involved, landed in his front yard from 250 feet away?

First off, he's posted several times since the OP. Second, people do have lives, and aren't able to be on here all of the time to respond immediately to every thread reply. Third, skunkape23 isn't the sort of poster to come in and post a BS story. Fourth, pay attention! He stated first that the accident itself occurred "about a thousand yards up the road", and later that debris was "knocked about two hundred feet from the road". Meaning, the debris was that far from the road itself, on his property, not that far from the accident. Duh??

Ok well we know that 100 yards is the length of a football field. We also know that 1000 yards is equal to the length of 10 football fields. 3 feet = 1 yard, so 200 feet divided by 3 = 66.66667 yards, Which brings us to the conclusion that it is not possible for any wreckage to have reached his front yard unless he miscalculated his 1000 yard assumption, which is quite the gap even when leaving some wiggle room for mathematical errors.

Those calculations are meaningless. He didn't say the debris was at his front door, only that it was on his property.

So with being said, I believe this entire story was orchestrated after a fun night of drinking, which led to the expected, irrational posting here on ATS while under the influence of alcohol. Let me be clear here though, I have not fabricated any stories here myself, but I have participated in discussion while under the influence. So no judgment about that part of it here my friends!

~$heopleNation

Well, that's a reflection on you, not on him. I don't have any doubt as to the veracity of his story. None.

Terrible thing to experience.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry you had to go through the after trauma of such a terrible event, I'm glad your okay and were inside when it went down.

I'm very curious you getting sudden vomit as a major accident occurred following, or did I read that wrong ?

The full moon never disappoints. .

Try to be balanced in heart and mind friend , be well.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well LadyGreenEyes, You are usually so very focused on finding out the truth, what happened my friend? Of course it is ok to defend skunkape23, you have that right to do so, even when you know deep down that he probably fabricated the entire story.

That is ok with me though, I don't want to upset any Lady who has green eyes, cause I am a man with green eyes, and I already know how bad upsetting me can be. Oh hey? I love the V avatar, great series. I also liked that dude in the movie 'if you could see what I hear" remember it? Great movie.

~$heopleNation

edit on 4-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Pictures please
or it didn't happen

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: skunkape23

That sucks.

That said, it is a fairly common experience for police officers and paramedics.

I have unfortunately seen many fatalities, especially as the result of traffic accidents.

Dead women, dead children. I hate it.

It always blows my mind and humbles me that there are people who are able to do the tough response jobs.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Well LadyGreenEyes, You are usually so very focused on finding out the truth, what happened my friend? Of course it is ok to defend skunkape23, you have that right to do so, even when you know deep down that he probably fabricated the entire story.

That is ok with me though, I don't want to upset any Lady who has green eyes, cause I am a man with green eyes, and I already know how bad upsetting me can be. Oh hey? I love the V avatar, great series. I also liked that dude in the movie 'if you could see what I hear" remember it? Great movie.

~$heopleNation

I honestly believe the story is accurate. Why would anyone make that up? You think it's the eyes? I do have people tell me I can be scary, though I don't get it. Well, maybe if they threatened one of the kids or something...

Either way, no worries. I always loved V, and yes, I remember that movie as well - very good movie! Of course, he was excellent in Beastmaster, too, but maybe that was the wardrobe....

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
two days and not even a picture of the wreckage on you property or a media snippet....??? Give us something.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

So with that being said, I believe this entire story was orchestrated after a fun night of drinking, which led to the expected, irrational posting here on ATS while under the influence of alcohol. Let me be clear here though, I have not fabricated any stories here myself, but I have participated in discussion while under the influence. So no judgment about that part of it here my friends!

~$heopleNation

I drove it on my odometer. It was just over .4 miles up the dirt road to the big road.
Calculating in my head, that's more around 700.
I take back the thousand.
That is the distance between my domicile and the road where the accident occurred.
I'm not sure where you gathered that I said it landed in my front yard. I don't even have a front yard.
I'm in the boonies. The front and the back are about the same.
My estimate of 200 feet was pretty accurate.
About 187 according to my tape measure.
I would have expected it to be in the local newspaper today, but such was not the case.
Feel free to thing I'm full of b.s. That's your choice.
I can't imagine why a person would make up such a thing.
edit on 5-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join