It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The big AL speaks....

Rev. Al Sharpton called for the Justice Department to “take over policing in this country” and stated “we’re going to have to fight states’ rights” in comments recorded by the Baltimore Sun on Thursday.

Sharpton said, “we need the Justice Department to step in and take over policing in this country. In the 20th century, they had to fight states’ rights in — to get the right to vote. We’re going to have to fight states’ rights in terms of closing down police cases.”

He added, “police must be held accountable. I don’t think all police are bad. I don’t even think most are bad. But those that are need to be held accountable.”

Sharpton Calls for DOJ to ‘Take Over Policing,’ ‘Going to Have to Fight States’ Rights’

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think the big money interest in the city got enough and now they want the protest to stop.

We know that when the big money in wall street got tired of the occupy wall street they did a big nice juicy donation so the police and they ended the protest.

I been hearing about how tired the "big business" in the city are and complaining.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes I heard that too, is no word that he was an asthmatic or that he had any type of respiratory problems, but is known that people with neck injuries could suffer breathing problems.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What I find funny is the same people asking where is the outrage, are the same ones that say people need to not be outraged when someone gets shot by the cops.

How does that work out?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I have no problem with the idea that he was an informant, just have an a feeling that is trying to push the "he did this to him self" talk track.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

TPTB may get more of a paradigm shift than they're hoping for right at the moment they need it the least.

Completely possible however in this case the dynamics aren't the same as say Ferguson, or in other cities where protesting is occurring.

Its one of the reasons I keep asking if race is an issue in this case, from Police to Prosecutor to City council. Almost every argument made in these instances deals with racial bias, from the police, to city council to the prosecutors. That cant be claimed in this case so what happens if not guilty verdicts occur? Will it force a conversation about the real issue?

I ask because earlier one of the networks interviewed the family lawyer and specifically asked about their level of confidence in the people running things. The way he answered left the door open, which is to state his argument was he has faith in the system, unless it gives a verdict they don't want, in which case they have issues with the system.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

In this case, being allegedly handcuffed, shackled face down, headfirst on the van floor, all that needed to happen was for the driver to slam on the breaks to cause the neck injury, and head injury... Thus the murder charge for the driver.

If that is the way this young man was killed, that kinda makes the vehicle a murder weapon.

Whatever happened before that, really isn't that important.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fight states rights?

Can we say taking an action that is specifically unconstitutional... Not surprising coming from Sharpton...

you want to have a serious discussion about race relations in this country then remove Sharpton from the conversation and progress may very well be made.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I guess, still is something no right with the way things has been falling in this case, Is like the State attorney had already her mind on charging regardless, from the beginning.

Is too . . . easy, we have seen other cases that are not this easy.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Make that argument using the gps information from the transport van, where speed and route are logged. Was the van travelling fast enough to inflict the injuries?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, the interview was interesting, being from a different perspective. This was the first I had heard of the informant angle, but the officer interviewed indicated that they were very personally familiar with him from dealing with him in previous occasions.

Regarding the second part of your post, I am inclined to agree they are pushing that angle..whether it is true he hurt himself or not.

On a related note:

DR. BEN CARSON: ‘HIGH LIKELIHOOD DIRECT TRAUMA’ OCCURRED TO FREDDIE GRAY

As a former neurosurgeon, Carson discussed Gray’s fatal wound.

“The type of injury incurred by Mr. Freddie Gray at the base of the cervical spine with significant damage to the spinal cord requires a great deal of direct pressure to that area,” Dr. Carson explained. “It would be almost impossible to acquire such an injury by simply rolling around in a van, regardless of how violently.”

Carson said there is a high likelihood that direct trauma had to have occurred.

“Let us hope that whoever inflicted said trauma did not intend to yield such an outcome. It is undoubtedly true that this entire situation would be easier on everyone if admission of whatever guilt exists and a full description of what occurred is presented to the necessary authorities,” stated Carson.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I saw they already posted bail I still would like to know whether it was posted as a surety Bond or not. It's kind of difficult to raise that kind of cash on short notice. They might also have posted a property bond but that normally takes longer.

As far as the investigation by the DA goes. They post the probable cause affidavit along with the charging documents. And the defendant's must be charged before they are required to post bail. So for the most part I believe the DAs investigation is over as far as the charges go.

It's hard to use leverage against a defendant that is improperly charged. All a defense attorney would do is file a motion and challenge the improper charges before the preliminary hearing. And if in fact they are improbably charged the entire charging documents could be thrown out. Then again if the charging document is properly filed they could have a weak case and be willing to trade it for leverage to certain defendants. But in my opinion Cesar Goodson will not be one of those defendants.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

In the first part of the post, I believe they belong to an union and I think that is how the bail was paid so fast, I think.

The second one I am still wondering which charges will stick and which ones will be throw out.

Heck they can end up with no charges at all.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Interviewed Baltimore police officer with inside info. on Toxicology report:
Gray tested positive for heroin and marijuana.
edit on 1-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Officer also says police saw Gray in drug transaction before they picked him up.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It's not my argument to make but prosecutors seem to have the information, enough to make charges, and that arguement.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

He was an user that is why he had such a long list in his police report, maybe that is why he ran away? I mean you could get paranoid while under the influences of illegal drugs.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, the interview was interesting, being from a different perspective. This was the first I had heard of the informant angle, but the officer interviewed indicated that they were very personally familiar with him from dealing with him in previous occasions.

Regarding the second part of your post, I am inclined to agree they are pushing that angle..whether it is true he hurt himself or not.

On a related note:

DR. BEN CARSON: ‘HIGH LIKELIHOOD DIRECT TRAUMA’ OCCURRED TO FREDDIE GRAY

As a former neurosurgeon, Carson discussed Gray’s fatal wound.

“The type of injury incurred by Mr. Freddie Gray at the base of the cervical spine with significant damage to the spinal cord requires a great deal of direct pressure to that area,” Dr. Carson explained. “It would be almost impossible to acquire such an injury by simply rolling around in a van, regardless of how violently.”

Carson said there is a high likelihood that direct trauma had to have occurred.

“Let us hope that whoever inflicted said trauma did not intend to yield such an outcome. It is undoubtedly true that this entire situation would be easier on everyone if admission of whatever guilt exists and a full description of what occurred is presented to the necessary authorities,” stated Carson.

www.breitbart.com...

Here's a thought, if Freddy Gray was in fact a informant. Will the gang members have to change their slogan in order to protest?

Or do snitches really deserve stitches?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

What that means, that he had an outstanding warrant anyway?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

It's not my argument to make but prosecutors seem to have the information, enough to make charges, and that arguement.

That's my point.. they don't necessarily have the info... What they have is a theory based on their interpretation of the evidence and the hopes a jury will ignore the logic hiccups.

They want to charge the driver with 2nd murder.. Ok.. Step 2 - prove it.

What actions did the driver take to cause his death?

Considering they have charged different officers with this guys death its going to be interesting to see how they argue the driver is guilty of 2nd murder and other officers, who weren't present during the van ride, are guilty of negligent homicide.

That's why I think this is for the people and not justice. its one thing to argue different theories of how a crime is committed by different people when those arguments are being made in separate trials. Try doing that where all the accused are in the same trial.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join