It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think it means that whatever act precluded the death would need to be deliberate as opposed to an accident?..that's my take on it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

Good to hear it

Believe me when we ever understand our mutual experience and stop going for divide and conquer

The world will shake

That is IF we wake up and see

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I see your point, I personally wouldn't mind it costing more so they don't get treated any different.
Would they let anyone else out on OR with the charges these men have?

If the bail is set right, they will get it back when they bail out.
I don't think there is any if they bail, it is a when

Oh it would be good to see them treated just like if it was any one of us.. but I doubt we will see that.. and too many reasons for it too. (Thank God money isn't one.... the money crap really is bothersome to me.. "if you can pay us off, we will be happy not to charge you"..lol.. yeah.. that is so so so stupid!)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

Yes, it has been. Earlier today. It has been sent to all parties. Police statement from unions stated no injuries visible. Also, the prelim autopsy showed no other broken bones or trauma.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Greathouse

If any of them make it out on OR that is bs.
I don't care if they post it as that is everyone's right but their bails better be pretty damn high.
If it is only 10-20k then they are getting cut a sweet deal on bail.

My question may or may not be a moot point now.........

• 6:07 p.m.: The six Baltimore officers charged in connection with the death of Freddie Gray have a preliminary hearing on May 27, according to court documents available on the state of Maryland's Judiciary Case Search website. Bail for Caesar Goodson, Alicia White, William Porter and Brian Rice was set at $350,000 each. Edward Nero and Garrett Miller each have a bail of $250,000.

The only question that remains is whether the police Union can post Surety Bonds on their behalf. I know that is legal in some states but I cannot find any definite answer under Maryland law.

So if anybody has the time I would appreciate a little help in the research.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It is good to see police officers aren't above the law! Right now, things are a bit out of balance and police seem to think that they can get away with whatever they want to.

I don't think it is a bad thing to bring the police officers to trial. I remember a thread on ATS recently about Freddie Gray having had recent spinal surgery, and if this is true, that kind of thing should be brought up at the trial.
edit on 01pmFri, 01 May 2015 18:43:02 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
Prove it..Link?
edit..

Police statement from unions stated no injuries visible
LoL..Yeah because they're goin to be the beacons of truth..

edit on 1-5-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This will I hope help get this topic totally out of the racial perspective.

Black people can be racist against black people. Many are.

This is also more about how police deal with black people, not how white people deal with black people.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Those seem like fair numbers, and I have zero idea what a Surety bond is.

Does it have to do with the Union paying for it?

I wouldn't have issues with that if it is, money is money regardless of who it comes from.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

"Coupled with the medical examiners report, which ruled Mr. Gray's death a homicide, which we received today"
- Marilyn J. Mosby

The state’s attorney for Baltimore, Marilyn J. Mosby, filed the charges almost as soon as she received a medical examiner’s report that ruled Mr. Gray’s death a homicide, and a day after the police concluded its initial investigation and handed over their findings.

Source

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Surety bond is basically proof that a insurance company or institution can take responsibility and meet the bond if the Arestee fails to show.

For instance most bail bondsman post surety bonds.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
AS I watch the so call "experts in law", it seems that while the police offices are charged, this can turn either way during the following investigations, plea bargains and even the court case itself.

Is not over

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
AS I watch the so call "experts in law", it seems that while the police offices are charged, this can turn either way during the following investigations, plea bargains and even the court case itself.

Is not over

I have yet to see anyone claim to be a "expert in the law". Everyone on this thread seems to be doing research into the case.

Not many people are stating the obvious like "is not over ".

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Oh ya totally, even in the event that all of these charges could be proved with factual evidence, we won't see all the charges stick.

I think at the end of the day, one or two will get the bulk of the punishments.
I do think that it is entirely possible that only one or two people are really at fault for this, that the other four could just be guilty by association but not had a real hand in the death.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I got the ugly feeling that the charges were done to appease the protesters, the case will be treated individually, so some of the offices could get off with no charges at the end, perhaps they will turn against each other.

Is going to be interesting to see what happen, still this can take months.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I tend to agree with you, except that every cop that watched Freddie Gray placed into the van without being belted in was guilty.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yes I agree, some will be off with not problems perhaps just the lost of job, but it will take a long time and at the end people will forget, to move on to the next time things may get bad again and in another state or city.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Those are definitely distinct possibilities. For that matter I'm not even sure they have gone in front of a judge for arraignment and the bond was not given during a pretrial hearing.

There are lots of possibilities, undoubtably the prosecutor is probably going to offer some of the officers a deal and reduced charges in exchange for testimony.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That is why they were all charged at once due to that fact, that all of them knew the procedures and didn't follow them.

Can the real guilty one may step to the front?

BTW now some dirty facts are coming forward on the records of the police officers.

edit on 1-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Oh, I agree, totally perhaps the real truth will be known like that, but the state attorney did the right charges, no doubt, now they have to stick.

I got the feeling that she was had picked just for this case.

Too young and not enough experience in handling criminal cases.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join