It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Fair enough, I guess it would take some time to kick in if it was enclosed in something and I was not taking that into account when I posted.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So basically an anonymous unknown source reported on Fox news.

In otherwords, no proof yet. I am looking for his toxicology report. Also, the claims that he was dealing drugs seem pretty laughable after cops earlier comments.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Anonymous to the viewers...but known and vetted by the network...but, okay.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: lovebeck

Now prove which officer, if any, is responsible.

The ones that didn't restrain him, aka all of them. try taking a ride in a van, on a METAL seat, while being shackled. See how much you fly around without being able to use your limbs.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality

The ones that didn't restrain him, aka all of them. try taking a ride in a van, on a METAL seat, while being shackled. See how much you fly around without being able to use your limbs.

Now using the gps tracking explain how the officers not driving the van are responsible for his injuries. Using gps tracking, which shows route and speed, explain how the injuries occurred if the van was not going fast enough. What if the injuries occurred while the van was in motion with no officers in back. Why was only one person injured and not the other prisoner?

I am pointing out the issues they are going to have going down this road.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well the other prisoner wasn't in there the whole time, so it could have happened before he was in.

And you are right about the information from the vehicle.

If it does show sudden stops or jack rabbit starts, what then?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Now using the gps tracking explain how the officers not driving the van are responsible for his injuries. Using gps tracking, which shows route and speed, explain how the injuries occurred if the van was not going fast enough. What if the injuries occurred while the van was in motion with no officers in back. Why was only one person injured and not the other prisoner?

I am pointing out the issues they are going to have going down this road.

It should be the responsibility of EVERY officer to ensure passenger safety. What they just throw him in the back and say "OK driver's got it!"

Also GPS is FAR to inaccurate to use as a determination of vehicle speed, route etc. Anyone that has used GPS EVER knows this.

ETA just for fun I just used my phone GPS to locate myself, apparently I'm down the road about 1/4 mile from where I actually am...
edit on 1-5-2015 by Neutrality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

A ton of people on ATS asked " What does rioting and looting
have to do with justice? Well I gaurantee, without rioting and
looting? Freddie Grays death would have slipped under the rug
soon to be forgotten like how many other deaths in police
custody?
edit on Rpm50115v552015u26 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I think the trend will be that Blacks are emboldened to behave with out regard to the law, and in a manner contrary to the rules of law. I think that Ferguson showed us the acquittal of the 'White' officer was more reason to riot and cause civil disobedience, or to justify that behavior by Blacks. With that in view, it seems that those in charge of the Baltimore incidents viewed that scenario a great risk indeed, and that the officers were thrown under the buss as expendables. There is an ever growing divide manifesting in the United States, and I believe it will grow greater this Spring and summer to the point of regional race wars. Curious too, is the last couple years with FEMA camps popping up all over. No conspiracy, just curious to me. I live in a 50/50 Black White location in the state of North Carolina, and when the Ferguson and now Baltimore incidents happened, have encountered a definite sense of hostility from our Black community. While shopping, or in traffic or just day to day activities the tension is evident.

This decision seemed to be made in all due haste in order to satisfy the Black community.

Are you still going with this stance, or have you clued in now that several of the charged officers are also "Black"?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

custody?
I couldn't agree more! My only fear is the cops will walk. Remember, it wasn't the beating of Rodney King that caused the riots, but the cops getting off that did it. How so few people seem to remember

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If the GPS showed unnessisarily abrupt and reckless stops, starts and turns...I would have to conclude that the driver, Officer Goodson, was intentionally trying to give Gray a 'rough ride'...and that he was complicit in Gray's death.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

GPS is not accurate enough to determine that, not even remotely close.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Neutrality

Not true, most current vehicles have a black box if you will that logs the information.

Gov vehicles have what I have only heard refereed to as tattletales, which tracks all its movement.

So it is very possible the vehicle transporting Gray had something of the sort.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I don't think the data will have that kind of resolution/accuracy.
edit on 2-5-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Have you ever made a right turn in your vehicle that wasn't an excessive right turn, but caused something in your car to move? That would be the Freddy Gray situation. Simple physics.

ETA- Also your claim of vehicles having a "black box", never heard that, got a source?
edit on 2-5-2015 by Neutrality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Neutrality

Since the early 2000s, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has been collecting black box information to get a better picture of the circumstances surrounding car accidents. In 2013, 96% of every new car sold in the United States came with a black box, and as of Sept. 1, 2014, every new vehicle must have one installed.

www.usatoday.com...

Again I am not talking your run of the mill gps you bought at wal mart for a road trip.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

custody?

So justice only applies to people who suffer an injustice.. Like having your business / place of employment burned down for no reason at all...

Is the city going to go after those thugs, err uhh youth with no government job opportunities or does justice only apply to those with brown skin?
go figure..
edit on 2-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Breaking now:
This was just released by the State's Atty....so it is developing.
She said there is probable cause to file criminal charges.
It looks like the system appears to be working...however slowly.

The death of Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide caused by severe trauma.

State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced this morning that her office has also found probable cause to pursue criminal charges in connection to the case.

Mosby announced a series of charges now facing the six police officers involved in putting Gray in custody and transporting him in the police wagon on the morning of April 12. The charges vary for each individual, but include several counts of manslaughter, second degree assault, misconduct in office, and false imprisonment among others. A warrant has been issued for the police officer's arrest, Mosby said.

Gray, 25, was taken into police custody in Baltimore on April 12 and sustained a spinal injury during that time that required medical attention. He went into a coma several days later and died a week after his apprehension.

Police have never said why they took him into custody in the first place, noting only that he ran from officers, and they have not publicly explained how Gray received the spinal injury.

Violent protests rocked Baltimore on Monday afternoon and through the night, prompting hundreds of arrests and a citywide curfew that extends through this weekend. There have also been a number of peaceful protests through this week.

abcnews.go.com...

Tonight is the eve of my 47th birthday, and what is on my mind is how each and every one of the people involved in this situation, and their families, are affected. Freddie Grey was, I believe, only 25 years old. The police officers, as listed in the quote above, are mostly under 30 - the driver, who has the most charges, is in his forties, and I think one or two of the others were just around 30 or slightly older, but most are in their twenties.

The tragedy for all of the folks involved just saddens me beyond words. The consequences from this situation are historical, I believe, as well they should be. I really, really hope this is the turning point in our nation's history that will result in a massive change to the culture of those holdout public safety infrastructures that may still harbour predjudice and inequity.

Oh my goodness, I feel such sorrow for everyone involved in this.
edit on 2-0520155-1515 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

this should be noted in that

Also, a black box only stores information for 20 seconds around the crash.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Have you ever made a right turn in your vehicle that wasn't an excessive right turn, but caused something in your car to move? That would be the Freddy Gray situation. Simple physics.

So then that would be mean every summer on vacation when dad screams in the back seat "Don't make me stop this car" would also be the Freddy Gray situation? You know, when the kids in back are so out of control...

Simple physics right?
edit on 2-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join