It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Well I see his characterization just as disingenuous so I responded as such.

If fe says the banging happened when the truck was driven straight but not on a curve, that is an interesting piece of information.

And if he says the driving was erratic then it shows the opposite.

The department has a history of nickle rides, gray gets thrown in with no restraints, arrives in a much worse condition then he was put in.

Hmmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Google is your friend

Baltimore Sun debunks neck injury claim

Baltimore Sun article truth about Freddie Gray's pre-exisitng injury from car accident

The Free Republic website said Wednesday that Gray's "life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested." The article also said the injury was a result of a car accident and cited thefourthesate.com as the source of information. The story did not cite any court records.

Free Republic has since removed the story from its website and could not be reached for comment.

No more pre-existing neck injury nonsense....

This baltimoresun piece came out later today, well after this pre-existing injury story was doing the rounds on newsgroups.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This thread should be moved to the Hoax bin, it's not true he had spinal surgery a week before his arrest/death. Or ever in his life.

But court records examined Wednesday by The Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure to lead paint.

Source
edit on 29-4-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Which shows how little research they did and just took a screen shot and made a story up...

And I think snopes had it up before, could be wrong though.
It was like the third link when I googled it

edit on thWed, 29 Apr 2015 21:49:57 -0500America/Chicago420155780 by Sremmos80 because: It wasn't right after OP posted, wrong thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yeah no kidding the article states that. Did you read it?

Look at the Fourth Estate's website, they are selling Police Lives Matter shirts

You figure it out...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NavyDoc

Well I see his characterization just as disingenuous so I responded as such.

If fe says the banging happened when the truck was driven straight but not on a curve, that is an interesting piece of information.

And if he says the driving was erratic then it shows the opposite.

The department has a history of nickle rides, gray gets thrown in with no restraints, arrives in a much worse condition then he was put in.

Hmmmmmm.

Well, of couse, which is why his testimony could help either side of the discussion.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But I don't see a nickle ride being the cause... they might have caused a bruise or two, some general uncomfort... but not this.. not without hitting a truck I wouldn't think.

To me, I see it as a series of events.. one thing exacerbating another.. and lots of ignorance at play.

I don't think cops should give nickle rides - but this isn't solely one thing either.. it simply cant be unless he hit the side wall of the van very wrong and very very hard.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I was thinking the same thing. I had my neck fused and even with all the drugs I wasn't running around town one week out.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

If you have your hands behind your back and get slammed into a wall head first, you don't think that could cause it?

I do see what you are getting at, I was just answering your question about why he wasn't restrained really.
Well my thoughts on why anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

yet they do matter.

Most cops are good cops. I am from Kansas City and we have some fairly good cops there. Arrests were the nightly show, just look out your window type thing when I was in the inner city.. but the cops weren't bad at all.

They do a job, one we actually like them to do as it DOES keep us safer. And most of them are pretty cool, even when they arrest people who are breaking the law.

I know more good stories from my area than bad for sure. One guy was being arrested, and he had a gun on him.. cop ignored the fact there was a gun involved and let him give it away prior to getting in the car, cause he knew the guy and knew he wasn't a bad guy necessarily.. and that resulted in a much lesser charge for the guy.. you have no idea how grateful the guy was in that..(and that was a black man being arrested)

Cops aren't out to destroy people.. but they do have a job to do.

edit on 29-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That is what my husband thinks too... I am trying not to make a judgement.. but it seems the most likely..

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I don't care about stories about good cops...what matters is this thread is a hoax, and I'm not looking at it anymore. We shouldn't even live in a world where we have to say, "Hey you know there are good cops..." They all should be good, they uphold the law!

edit on 29-4-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't know about that, but at the very least, a person should not have to fear death in the custody of the cops.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No matter what job, there are going to be people who you find out later shouldn't be in that position.. no matter WHAT job.. from being a cashier to being a manager, from being a cop to being a doctor..

Sometimes, someone just cannot handle the job..

cops are no different than anyone else. Plus, they have this position that is more easily corruptible.. its a mental thing - and really until someone is in that position, I don't think you will know how they will handle it.

They deal with the worst of the worst usually, and they do it every day. From the mentally ill, to those so high they don't even know their own name. I have seen damn near everything.. and they deal with a lot. Handling it is something I wouldn't know how you would know until someone is in the middle of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Any excuse for a riot. -U.S. proletariat

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yeah no kidding the article states that. Did you read it?

Look at the Fourth Estate's website, they are selling Police Lives Matter shirts

You figure it out...

Do you understand the meaning of the word "AFTER" ????

I posted this thread BEFORE the lead paint rebuttal came out, and then I went to work.

Now the Fourth Estate have released this story: thefourthestate.co...

Which I will take with a massive grain of salt and await real substantiation.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

This thread should be moved to the Hoax bin, it's not true he had spinal surgery a week before his arrest/death. Or ever in his life.

But court records examined Wednesday by The Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure to lead paint.

Source

I like how you proclaim as fact that it's "not true" he had recent surgery. You obviously know nothing about HIPAA and are unaware that it's impossible to prove one way or the other because of the way healthcare information is protected.

What I'm saying is you might be right, but you certainly can't say it's a fact.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Every time I see this picture I could cry.

www.baltimoresun.com...=1

And that one cop, in the blue uniform, look at him. It looks like he is looking down at his leg, sensing that it 'doesn't look quite right'.

OMG, look at Gary's crotch. Has he wet his pants? I think I will cry now.

eta: okay, I went back to look at that picture more carefully, and it does look like the front of his pants are wet. So if he lost bladder control, he was either terrified, or injured. : (

I know this could be discoloration in the denim, but I don't think so. It looks wet. What do you guys think?
edit on 4/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is front page ATS?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think I was mistaken....that cop isn't looking at the wonky leg.... he's noticing that their scary 'prisoner' has peed in his pants. From fear, most likely. And injured neck and spinal cord. Wish I hadn't even seen it. : (

www.baltimoresun.com

www.baltimoresun.com...
edit on 4/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join