It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

In all due respect, Freddie Gray's rap sheet circumvent's the fact he was killed within the care of police officers, something that is inexcusable no matter what race/religion/rap sheet etc etc...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Oh look, another poorly researched article. If these clowns had any integrity at all, they'd just post a retraction and call it a day.

Take a look at the records they are showing as the "new proof" :

Basically, Freddie Gray was involved in a lawsuit, with another party, against a taxi company in 2007 that carried into 2008, a suit in which he sought damages for unknown actions. Because a taxi company is involved, it is reasonable to assume that the case involved some form of car accident.

The civil suit made its way through court, and the parties could not reach any agreement, so they elected to go to trial. At this point, the case transitioned from Baltimore County District Court to Circuit Court.

First off, they have the dates wrong. Here are the two records in question and the details:

Date: 10/16/2006 Case Id: 010100353062006

The individual "Gray, Freddie" (no middle initial, no "Jr" and no DOB) has an address of 3601 Dudley Ave, Baltimore, MD 21213. This Freddie Gray is a plaintiff, along with Rosella Eddington (same address) against Terrance Gainey who has a 3rd party suit against Taxi Management Inc. This Freddie Gray and Rosella Eddington are suing for it looks like $10,000 in damages. On 05/17/2007, a motion was filed by the defense requesting a jury trial. The motion was granted and a week later it was sent from the Baltimore City District Court to the Baltimore City Circuit Court (not County, another error).

Date: 05/22/2007 Case Id: 24C07003765

Here these research mavericks drop the ball again with their synopsis:

There is no apparent judgement entered in the case file; there is no apparent verdict; there is no apparent outcome of a jury or judge decision. The case file simply says that the case was concluded; it was “settled and satisfied.”

07/15/08 Jury selected and sworn on voir dire. Glynn, J. (Open Proceeding)
07/15/08 Case concluded; Order filed. Glynn, J. (Open Proceeding)
10/03/08 Order of Satisfaction Paid, Settled and Satisfied

There's no mystery outcome here. An order was filed and less than 3 months later, the damages were paid.

I looked through every record for "Freddie Gray" and none of the records with a DOB for the Freddie C. Gray, Jr, had that address. Also, on 10/16/2006, the Freddie C. Gray, Jr who died following injuries presumably sustained in police custody, was only 17 (born 08/16/1989).

Here's a few case records that CAN be tied to the Freddie Gray by DOB:

08/24/2007 Case Id: 0B01903531 - address is 1532 N Carey St
09/20/2007 Case Id: 107263059 - address is 414 E Lorraine Avenue
05/09/2012 Case Id: 112130002 - address is 414 E Lorraine Avenue

Guess what 17 year-old wasn't living at 3601 Dudley Ave when the the Taxi company was sued? So who is the Freddie Gray that the "new proof" is actually referencing, the one residing with Rosella Eddington?

Freddie C. Gray, Sr., born 02/08/59. See the record for case id: 4B01970658, filed on 10/05/2008. If I'm not mistaken, this is the father of the Freddie C. Gray, Jr, born 08/16/1989.

Two BS blog posts from the clowns @ thefourthestate.co in the same thread? Hoax bin it twice.
edit on 2015-4-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThaEnigma

In all due respect, Freddie Gray's rap sheet circumvent's the fact he was killed within the care of police officers, something that is inexcusable no matter what race/religion/rap sheet etc etc...

He wasn't killed in the care of police..he died a week later in the care of Dr's. in Hospital..probably of drug interaction or mishandling

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Fair enough speculum, I am referring specifically to the documented physical treatment he received from officers that contributed to his death.. Seeing that the death of african-americans at the hands of police is already a tender topic, this looks bad no matter how you slice it... (as do the baltimore rioters)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Fair enough speculum, I am referring specifically to the documented physical treatment he received from officers that contributed to his death.. Seeing that the death of african-americans at the hands of police is already a tender topic, this looks bad no matter how you slice it... (as do the baltimore rioters)

Well, we really don't know, as we were not there to witness his treatments, other than glimpses that are unproven reasons.

understand that i'm not a great fan of the Law enforcement, i love it every time they get there's..this is all too coincidental to be trusted

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What seems coincidental? Right wing rags making # up to make a victim of police violence look like the guilty party? Happens all the time really. People, even after watching the execution of the guy in walmart, still defended the cops, and tried demonizing and blaming the victim. Same with that 12 year old executed in the park. Even when caught on tape red handed, they still wanna blame the nigg.... oops I mean thug.

edit on Thu, 30 Apr 2015 01:15:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

We (collectively) know no such thing.

We know he died some time after being apprehended. We know he wasn't gunned down on the spot (like Mike Brown). I guess that's something positive.

It's safe to assume his severed spine led to his demise. What caused his spine to become severed is 'probably' contained in the autopsy.

Everything else is speculation. I don't know why he ran from the cops. I don't know why the cops chased him. I don't know if Freddie injured himself. I don't know if the cops injured him during the phase of apprehension. We don't know how badly he was hurt (if at all) before he went into the van. We don't know what happened in the van.

People get hurt by the cops all the time. Sometimes they leave the cops no choice in the matter. Always best to avoid any interaction with the police. That starts by staying on 'the good side' of the law. And that starts by respecting the law.

I've got no beef with people who don't respect the law. Got no sympathy for those folks when they get hammered either. The one thing in this whole event that was dumb, was for people to Riot over someone like Freddie. Freddie was a thug. I wonder why he turned out that way.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've gone back two pages and it doesn't seem so but is this thread up to date with supposition he attempted to harm himself in the van? Geraldo Rivera just said thatsthe official word. Yup just seconded on second channel this is being reported by driver that he INTENTIONALLY threw himself around as driver stopped three times to try to re-restrain him
edit on 4/30/2015 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: learned more details

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I happen to work in the Security Industry and within my field of work we are trained in de-escalation techniques, whereby the safety of all persons within a volatile situation are tantamount.. My only angle on this case is that upon looking at the footage and reading various reports of the victim crying for help whilst unrestrained inside the police vehicle, I am led to believe there may have been a lack of care taken by the arresting officers.. My training tells me that when I'm performing a restraint on a person, I am still supposed to be wary of the possible health conditions of the person (eg. high blood pressure, diabetic, drug intox, asthmatic, speech disability, physical injuries, other medical conditions)... These things have to be identified very early in the situation, and problems can be avoided later on.. We are therefore trained to submit the person quickly and humanely,, i am appalled to hear that some police officers are still trained to lie people face down on the ground with knees on the top of the persons back,, this is very unsafe practice...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Man that's one of the best summed up post I've seen yet on this whole issue. Well said man! The dumbest thing has been for them to destroy themselves over all of this out of greed and god knows what else. The biggest thing they've succeeded in is to make sure no one who matters really cares or wants to listen to a thing they have to say now…because they were all to happy to jump in the role all the media were looking for so they could spin things just how they wanted. At the end of the day if you break the law the chances of this type of thing goes way up…and even more so depending on what laws your breaking and their severity. I don't feel bad if you wanna live the life but I'm not crying when it turns out rotten.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

But press I reporting that he was restrained and they had to use leg cuffs?

The Post said the unidentified prisoner, who was separated from Gray by a metal partition and could not see him, reportedly said he heard Gray “banging himself against the walls” and believed he “was intentionally trying to injure himself.

The prisoner’s statements were contained in an investigative document obtained by the paper, which said it was unclear if there was any additional information to support the theory.

Gray, who is black, was arrested April 12 after he ran from police. Officers held him down, handcuffed him and loaded him into the police van. While inside, he became irate and leg cuffs were put on him, police had said. At some point, he suffered a severe spinal injury and was unconscious when the van arrived at a police station.

(post by pinkmario removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Did you see the video?

www.baltimoresun.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Yes, it has been said that the man that could not see him thinks he was doing it intentionally.

Where did you see that the driver is saying it as well?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
And I found this, not sure how true or if its a reliable source as im not from USA

But court records examined Wednesday by The Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure to lead paint.

Paperwork was filed in December allowing Gray and his sister, Fredericka to each collect an $18,000 payment from Peachtree Settlement Funding, records show. In exchange, Peachtree would have received a $108,439 annuity that was scheduled to be paid in $602 monthly installments between 2024 and 2039.

Baltimore attorney William H. "Billy" Murphy, who represents the Gray family, confirmed that the Howard County case was connected to the lead paint lawsuit.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Only mention of the driver I found was this:

The van driver stopped three times while transporting Gray to a booking center, the first to put him in leg irons. Batts said the officer driving the van described Gray as “irate.” The search warrant application says Gray “continued to be combative in the police wagon.”

The police report described Gray as “irate” during the drive, which had to be interrupted in order to put him in leg irons:

The driver made a second stop, five minutes later, and asked an officer to help check on Gray. At that stop, police have said the van driver found Gray on the floor of the van and put him back on the seat, still without restraints. Police said Gray asked for medical help at that point.

the story from the "other prisoner" Just throwing this out there but is it possibly a fabricated story for a "lesser/lenient" sentence? I am in no way 100% up on this story, but just throwing it out there as a possibility.

edit on 30-4-2015 by civpop because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2015 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Man that's one of the best summed up post I've seen yet on this whole issue.

I've got nothing on you or Vasa Croe (and many other ATSers FTM) in terms of written expression.

The dumbest thing has been for them to destroy themselves over all of this out of greed and god knows what else.

Thankfully, there was far less destruction in Baltimore than Ferguson. Principal credit goes to the citizens who stood in a line in front of the cops, defended their storefronts, and went right to work cleaning up what damage had been done (instead of waiting for someone to come in riding on white horses and doing it for them). I credit the governor for wasting no time calling in the NG.

Things could have been a lot worse. Thankfully they were not.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good job finding the answer to that question.
I posed it earlier and suspected that it was Freddie Gray Sr. that was part of that lawsuit

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

My only regret is that I can only give this post one star. Well done doing REAL footwork and fact checking on this. Seems thefourthestate is trying to push their own agenda that has nothing to do with the truth. The fact that you found all this out with little trouble shows further that this website just doesn't really fact check, just cherry picks.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

According to the officials, he died from a severed spinal cord and severe neck injuries. Somehow, I highly doubt those injuries had anything to do with drug interactions or actions by the hospital staff. The injuries that killed him occurred in police custody. And the amount of force it takes to actually inflict these injuries is excessive, far more than any officer could reasonably use to take down a suspect. More and more I'm hearing about him being bent and folded by witnesses. And given the number of cops that were piled on him, bending or folding him backwards forcibly, especially when done by many larger people, could certainly do the damage needed. And if he had the spine injury when they put him in the back of the van, with him handcuffed but unsecured, then riding around, especially when making turns or hitting rough parts of the road, would have given him enough trauma to finish the job and sever his spine.

Which would make it a case of both police negligence AND brutality.

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join