It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bali nine duo executed by firing squad

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: MagmaCumsLoudly
Any in other news:

- Estimate 10,000 to be found dead in Nepalese earthquake
- Thousands die in Syria
- Thousands die in Iraq
- Millions in Africa
- Billionaire money junkies horde money to ensure the above continues...

But those are just "statistics" compared to two hapless drug trafficker saps murdered in the most populous MOSELM nation on Earth.

And in OTHER THREADS....

Oh wait, that's right, this isn't one of them threads.

I think you might of missed the point there, sugar junkie

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

But the Bali 9 made several trips to Indonesia, just to smuggle drugs.

You keep saying this but you can not come up with one source that confirms what you are saying . And dont give me that broad sydicate thing . Just one , only one , it not hard , a single source that states these 2 had been to Bali before . At least you have dropped the smuggling drugs from gaol crap .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
You keep saying this but you can not come up with one source that confirms what you are saying .

Already posted a link, but you ignored it! So here it is again.

Chan flew to Bali on 16 October 2004, with Lawrence also arriving in Bali on the same date.[17] Lawrence claimed that Chan was in regular contact with her when she stayed in the Istana Rama Hotel in Kuta, and Chan in Kuta's Hard Rock complex. Media reports stated that Lawrence alleged that on 22 October 2004, Sukumaran strapped packages to the body of both Lawrence and Chan, and with Chan's girlfriend, Grace, boarded a commercial flight to Australia, successfully clearing security, customs and immigration in both Indonesia and Australia. Lawrence claimed that she and Chan were met at the airport, the packages removed, all of them taken to another house, and then Lawrence went home. A few days later Lawrence claimed that Chan handed her an envelope with A$10,000 cash.[14][18] Lawrence claimed that a similar trip was organised following Chan's orders, where she departed Australia on 5 December 2004. Lawrence claimed that seven others were involved, including Chan, Matthew Norman, and Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen (going by the alias of David). Lawrence claimed that she was again given cash to purchase air flights and accommodation for eight days, staying again at the Istana Rama in Kuta. However, the second delivery was aborted when heroin suppliers failed to deliver "due to a financial matter or someone knowing about the plan the shipment was cancelled".[14]

en.wikipedia.org...

Just one , only one , it not hard , a single source that states these 2 had been to Bali before .

I wonder if you will actually read it this time!
also
www.dailymail.co.uk... year-old-mule-Hong-Kong-jail-mouth-shut.html
and
www.theaustralian.com.au...
also
www.smh.com.au...
etc.

The world is a slightly better place now. What is funny is some people want to treat these 2 admitted, convicted drug smugglers like saints.
edit on 30-4-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

You seem to have forgot the first four words of that quote , here i will add them .

It was alleged that

So you are relying on an allegation from a fellow drug smuggler desperate to save her own life .

Show me a flight booking or a direct quote from the authorities saying it was not his first trip .

Really . An allegation is what you come up with .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Even if the allegation that they had been there before is not proven, it does not change the following FACTS:

1. The death penalty for convicted drug smugglers was an established law in Indonesia prior to the events
2. They were convicted inside Indonesia for their attempts to smuggle drugs
3. They were afforded the opportunity to appeal the decision multiple times
4. Their appeals were dismissed and they were denied clemency
5. The death penalty was the appropriate consequence of their actions

Unless you can provide evidence that they were set up in some way, there is no way you can dismiss the above logic without resorting to emotionally-charged arguments that have no real basis in reality.

edit on 30/4/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Use of capital punishment by country

They're all a little backwards, if you ask me.

Which countries have the death penalty for drug smuggling?

They're all a little backwards, if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The death penalty was the appropriate consequence of their actions

The death penalty has never stopped anything .

4. Their appeals were dismissed and they were denied clemency

Indonesia’s Constitutional Court will hear appeal on Bali 9 duo on May 12

Appeals were heard huh . There was no way this appeal was ever going to be heard . IF it was it would show the indonesian court system for exactly what it is . Corrupt and backward .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

It has stopped these 2 executed drug dealers from drug smuggling and arranging drug smuggling trips anymore!

Appeals were heard huh

They certainly were, many times. Each time they were denied.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

It has stopped these 2 executed drug dealers from drug smuggling and arranging drug smuggling trips anymore!

I would have thought gaol would have done that or are you going to bring up that dealing from gaol thing again . How did that work out last time you tried .

They certainly were, many times. Each time they were denied.

And all were dismissed , except the last one . I guess we will never find out just how corrupt this country is .

(post by pinkmario removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

It's not meant to "stop" drug smuggling completely. That's impossible. It's supposed to act as a deterrent, which it does remarkably well. How many people do you think have thought twice about potentially smuggling drugs since the death penalty law was put in place?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

And all were dismissed , except the last one .

The last one would have made no difference whatever happened to it - you seem to have missed

human rights lawyer Professor Todung Mulya Lubis earlier told Fairfax Media that any decision made by the constitutional court would not be retrospective and therefore would not affect the outcome for Chan and Sukumaran.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

But i would have shown indonesia for what it is .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

But i would have shown indonesia for what it is .

Yes, it would have shown Indonesia that has the death penalty for drug smugglers, and carries out that penalty on stupid drug smugglers that ignore the penalty. Then the drug smugglers and their supporters whine about it.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pinkmario

[SNIP]

Cool post, i forwarded it to British Customs And Excise.
edit on 30/4/2015 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Arie Afriansyah, a law lecturer at the University of Indonesia, told the ABC he thought his government was taking the right approach in trying to stamp out drug crime in the country.

When he was asked further about what evidence there was that showed the death penalty reduced drug crimes, Mr Afriansyah was unable to produce any.

www.news.com.au... 94282
edit on 30-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

cant get it to link
edit on 30-4-2015 by hutch622 because: link problems

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Star for that .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
International Law is a little more complicated than many here seem to realise. For example, a nation can sign up to an International Treaty and even ratify it in their Parliament - but if there is part of the Treaty they don't agree with and they object at any point, they aren't then bound by the part they disagree with (even though being bound by the rest of the treaty).

In other words, although Indonesia is a signatury and bound by the same international laws, if they objected or voiced opposition at any time to the part about not exectuing drug smugglers (before signing), then they simply don't have to comply. This is written into International statute and applies to all nations.

Now i don't know enough of Indonesia's legal history to know if this was ever the case or not but it does demonstrate that even where international law appears to have been broken, it doesn't necessarily mean it actually has been. Basically, the provision is there to recognise that differing nations have differing attitudes about various things - the one size fits all theory doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I was going to start replying to posters who have posted since I logged off, but after reading through them it's pretty much the same stuff that has been posted before and shot down in flames by myself and several others using FACTS and not fantasy.

I see no point reiterating the same points over-and-over just to satisfy the trolling demands of people who insist on using the same arguments again and again as if they are somehow going to get a different result - what was it that Einstein equated that kind of behaviour to? Oh that's right, insanity.

Unless you people have something new to add other than the tired, and disproven, points such as "They deserved it, they knew what they were doing" and "Stop supporting drug dealers" amongst others then I shall not be biting on the bait that you keep trying to offer.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

www.news.com.au... 94282

cant get it to link

Here you go, you have to put long URL's like that inside URL tags:

news.com.au...

edit on 30/4/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join