It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I See A Shadow Person?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I decided to post this even though I know i will probably regret it. I am a very honest person, I was hurt to many times by lies and I don't tolerate them in myself or anyone close to me...so

In the early morning hours before it was light out I was awakened by three soft knocks. It was the way my UPS man knocks just to let you know he came and dropped something. I sat up in bed I was alone, my husband out of town. I immediately saw a dark shadow in the doorway and I had a sharp jab of fear all the way through me!

I then noticed the closet to the left of this, the open door was pitch black and I relaxed thinking, oh it is the open bedroom door making the dark shadow. I was still uptight but lay down and tried to go back to sleep. I woke up again later and it was still dark out and only about 30 mins had passed. I Looked at the door and gasped! The door was not open and it shown a dull white in the dark like it always does when closed, the open closet to the left was still a black hole.

I realized that I had tried to ignore that the shadow was about a foot taller than the doorway and it was rounded on the top, narrower and went down to widen about the top of the door shaped like a head and shoulders. I got up and checked the house and locks and nothing was unusual but I don't know what to think now. Without the door open there was nothing to make the black where it was.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

When you're just waking up, or otherwise not fully conscious, things don't always make sense. Your perceptions and senses are not fully functional.

I remember waking up and having the crap scared out of me by a mexican man with a sombrero standing next to my bed.

After I few moments I realized it was just my lampshade!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

When you're just waking up, or otherwise not fully conscious, things don't always make sense. Your perceptions and senses are not fully functional.

I remember waking up and having the crap scared out of me by a mexican man with a sombrero standing next to my bed.

I am sure that is true, but the jolt of fear that went through me woke me plenty. I did not really want to think it over I accepted it was an open door to the darker room beyond as when the door is open it looks like that.

I have never really believed in the shadow people thing the stories could be anything but I believe I saw something I will pay more attention to these stories now.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

Dork

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I had an experience with a shadow person. I posted it here and got some interesting replies. Maybe it will help you figure your experience out. my thread

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha
I had an experience with a shadow person. I posted it here and got some interesting replies. Maybe it will help you figure your experience out. my thread

Wow that scared me even though I actually saw a "ghost" looked like a real person when I was 11. I have had the same thing her with the cat and a wall, she spent part of everyday staring at this wall and she would sometimes run and jump like she was playing with something. We got used to it but after she dies we started caring for a wild cat, had her spayed and feed her but she only just steps through the door when i feed her and she runs back out and yet we found she also goes to this spot and stare up at it before running out.

We started hearing a sound like a kick to the door once to twice in the evenings soon after we moved in, we used to run to the door thinking someone was there and eventually we just ignored it. For a few months the light by the sofa would turn on and stay on, and it is the kind with the round clicking turner, takes two turns to turn on. That stopped the kick to the door stopped suddenly after about 10 years.

My comb went missing from my box of hair things and was gone a full year I had replaced it, it was a special one and I missed it. It was suddenly back on top of all of the hair things right in the box where it belonged. Our hose is not old but it has some strange things, looks like someone violent may have lived there before, knuckle prints in the wall and garage door and such.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

This is different than the many experiences I have had in life as it was clearly nothing human.
I guess that is what is bothering me.

I read your thread in one post you said

Perhaps there was a family cemetary there.If so there was no evidence of it.

This is an interesting thought, our acre was part of a huge ranch from the 1800's that was split to acre and 3 acre parcels in the 40's and I would assume there was a graveyard on it somewhere back in the old days. Still I am not afraid of graves and this does not seem to fit human death.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You were seeing a demon in spirit form; if it appears again...pray to Heaven and it will leave.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

You were seeing a demon in spirit form; if it appears again...pray to Heaven and it will leave.

Thanks for the response, I have to say all of the odd things that has ever happened to me has never made me feel that stab of fear all through me like this thing some places have. But I have to wonder why, why it was here.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What a lot of people don't realize is that the spirit world is all around us . I have been allowed to see into the spirit world too. I have seen demons in spirit form such as you saw...and I have seen Angels... and I have also seen ghosts; beings that are stuck between this realm and the next. I have been seeing into these realms since I was a small child; the first time I remember is when I was 2 years old.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I received many replies to that thread and some folks had very interesting explanations for what I witnessed. Even though I researched the property I was never able to find any reference to anything like a family cemetery or any kind of burial ground. I had wondered if the style of construction may have had something to do with what went on there. The original portion of the house was extremely over built for the area. There weren't any other homes like it in the area. Lot's of new builds as the area was being developed.

This house, at least the main part was built in the 1800's. there weren't any other houses that old anywhere in that neighborhood. This property was a part of a large farm when it was originally built.

edit on 4/25/2015 by lonegurkha because: to add

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I had an experience years and years ago when I lived at my mums.

I had just got into bed and turned to lay on my side as that's how I sleep and I had one of my feet hanging out of the duvet, after only a few seconds something grabbed my foot I sat jolt upright so fast and saw a pitch black figure at the end of bed male in appearance (felt male) wide-ish shoulders if I remember correctly. Then the thing disappeared into thin air.

Then I heard a male voice in my head tell me to ask the angels to protect me, it sounds mad I know but that's the truth. Whats odd though is I am not religious, and the male voice very well spoken (I am female by the way to clarify). The only other time in my life I have heard that male voice in my head was maybe 15 years before that when I was in school.

The whole school was sat in the hall for assembly and I clearly remember the Headmaster asking everyone a question, he wanted someone to tell him the answer, the question was something along the lines of "whats another word for" etc.. and no one put their hand up because they didn't know the answer, well in my head I hear this man he tells me the answer but I am too scared to say incase its wrong so I don't then Headmaster tells us the answer and it was exactly what this male voice had said to me.

Fast forward 15 or so years and I hear this same voice again, IDK all I know is that I did ask the angels to protect me and whatever that thing was it hasn't come back yet.

Char-Lee ask the angels to protect you it cant do no harm, and try not to have fear, I know it's easier said than done but that's important, don't be scared.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You are having hallucinations.
You are a cat owner.

He thinks "typhoid tabbies" are passing along Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite that causes brain lesions and, if Torrey is right, schizophrenia.

Source

Something to look into.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Mine were fully functional when I got into bed.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

You are having hallucinations.
You are a cat owner.

He thinks "typhoid tabbies" are passing along Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite that causes brain lesions and, if Torrey is right, schizophrenia.

Source

Something to look into.

Thank you for the response and for caring enough to suggest.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: restless genius

Fast forward 15 or so years and I hear this same voice again, IDK all I know is that I did ask the angels to protect me and whatever that thing was it hasn't come back yet.

Char-Lee ask the angels to protect you it cant do no harm, and try not to have fear, I know it's easier said than done but that's important, don't be scared.

As you say it can't hurt. I am not sure how I would handle a physical touch.Thank you for sharing your story.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Does anyone know how long the shadow people phenomenon has been going on? I had thought at one time that it was a fairly new occurrence but seems to me someone pointed out that it wasn't. Fascinating in any case. Char-Lee, remember, this is your realm, not the shadow being's. Call upon Angels or God or a higher power or whatever to help aid in protecting you or maybe even a paranormal investigator if it continues. Keep us posted!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

you either researched some of the associated stuff (knocking) or you had yourself an experience..

..what have you been doing lately?

..fwiw, they're EVERYWHERE

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I am very familiar with that particular "jab" of fear. It is as if something from your very soul is alerting you to something of extreme and immediate concern to your being.

As I understand it, it wasn't the knocking sound that caused your fear; the knock was to wake you, and with a gentle , soft , familiar knock.

When you saw the shadow figure did it remain still?

My sense is it was not malevolent as it could have announced its presence much differently and very sinister.

The intensity of your fear could be the combination of you seeing it and it seeing you see it. Does that make sense? I suspect you are a "sensor", meaning you are in perfect tune with the energies around you, thus making you aware of things outside the realm of "normal".

I hope you never experience that fear again and you remain surrounded by the pure, white light of your Creator's love.

Blessings.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: caladonea

Thanks for the response, I have to say all of the odd things that has ever happened to me has never made me feel that stab of fear all through me like this thing some places have. But I have to wonder why, why it was here.

I've always wanted to see something like this, but after reading your account, I think I've changed my mind. That's the kind of fear that surpasses wonderment and excitement. I'm pretty sure I would react the same as you, and wouldn't like it AT ALL. If it did, if I could muster a voice strong enough to speak,(and that's a big IF) I would probably scream at it to get out. (This is only from watching TV shows, I actually know nothing........ But according to some, if you scream at it, it leaves. Worth a try anyway.

Keep us posted if it continues..........
edit on 4/25/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join