It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nepal Quake, The Dalai Lama and a Shambhala Prophecy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Some food for thought:

17 December 1933 - 13th Dalai Lama dies

15 January 1934 - Nepal-Bihar earthquake (8.2 magnitude)

6 July 1935 - 14th Dalai Lama born

25 April 2015 - Nepal earthquake (7.8 magnitude and biggest in the region since the 1934 Nepal-Bihar earthquake)

Just recently the 14th (and current) Dalai Lama hinted he may not reincarnate to become another Dalai Lama. This of course may just be his way of crossing plans of the Chinese governments to controll the next Dalai Lama. But there is also this prophecy from the Kalachakra:

when the world declines into war and greed, and all is lost, the 25th Kalki king will emerge from Shambhala with a huge army to vanquish "Dark Forces" and usher in a worldwide Golden Age.
Wikipedia - Shambhala

While strictly speaking Shambhala is a mystical otherworldly (non)place modern Buddhist scholars point to the higher reaches of the Himalayas as its location - thus placing it in the quake region...

Please direct all "worldly" comments and updates regarding the current quake to the existing thread:

7.5 Mag earthquake Nepal - Upgraded to 7.9 USGS

Let's concentrate on the "Signs and Portents" and crazy ass speculations here.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
interesting how so many belief systems believe in a future of gloom resulting in outside rescue.
Christians of course believe in the seven-year tribulation followed by Jesus' return and establishment of a holy kingdom.

islam believes increasing trouble resulting in a restored Caliphate and a seven-year era of peace.
Norse beliefs are similar, except I think the bad guys (Frost Giants) win and the world freezes?

btw, quakes are one of the signs of the end mentioned in Jesus' Olivet Discourse in Matthew chapter 24.

anybody know about Shinto or Hindu beliefs regarding end times?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The end of times is shared by many cultures and religions. When deceit starts to take over the world, it pisses the almighty and he cleanses the earth. Greed is totally human. Desire for power and the untruthful actions to protect your prestige or ego are also human. Satan only baits us we can say no.

I like the Buddhist philosophy. It has a lot of good points.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Crazy ass speculation? Well sure, but I am all crazy ass speculated out after a recent thread about an alien hunter finding a fully armed martian bunker

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
so i guess he's saying were on the road to

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Crazy ass speculation? Well sure, but I am all crazy ass speculated out after a recent thread about an alien hunter finding a fully armed martian bunker

Without "crazy ass speculation"...

ATS would not exist.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Was my first thought too...wonder if any of those 70's bands learned anything when they sought "enlightenment" in Nepal and India. Or I guess more to the point, did it change their lives?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

well the beetles, page and plant, and a few others said they did.
i think they were just using that for a excuse to party more.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
it may not be so crazy ------- I will suggest that there is a previously unknown Magma Hot-Spot there under Nepal

the hot spot is undermining the surface crustal plate and the mountains are slowly subsiding... maybe only 1 cm. per year but that tiny bit may continue to make 7.9 or higher EQs happen there 'At-the-top-of-the-World'

perhaps that gravity measuring satellite might give scientists a clue that the Mass in that particular region is lower than mathematically expected by measuring the volume of the mountains & the accepted crustal plate thickness...

recent news;
Yellowstone is now shown to have an underground lava pit that can fill the grand canyon by more than 10 times over !
also--
a 42 year dormant volcano is once again active for no expected reasons as it has been seismically quiet till the eruption.. we are indeed in the lead-up to the end-times/early birth pangs/beginning-of-sorrows era (2012 extension & Apocalypse horsemen= blood moon tetrad of 2014-2015...)
edit on th30142998592725182015 by St Udio because: typos

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Add a list all of the prophecies that seem imminent such as the Pope prophecy.
There is a long list.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey what a few more active volcanoes? .....right? I mean, I just spent the better part of this winter freezing my bojangles off from three back to back polar vortexes. Is it vortexes or vortex?....like deer and deer.

Anyways, the weather phenomenon is all around us, from massive bird die-offs, to whale and dolphin beachings, polar vortices going where they shouldn't, earthquakes, "earth sounds", etc. as with anything cyclic in nature, once an imbalance is made a self correcting trigger will always be there to balance things. As above so below.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Tibetan Buddhism and Hinduism have actually quite some things in common - like for instance the Shambhala myth. Hinduism is kind of cyclical, humanity going through the same 4 ages (yuga) over and over again with slight variations in the details - so "end times" only applies going from one full cycle to the next. I would like to point out that I don't perceive the Shambhala prophecy as doom and gloom at all - actually the passage I quoted ends on:

" ...vanquish "Dark Forces" and usher in a worldwide Golden Age"

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

With the technological singularity potentially only a couple of decades away it does not seem so surprising there are many prophecies pointing to the near future. If you are not familiar with the term google singularity + kurzweil or "nerd rapture" that should give you an idea...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Tthe Himalayas do not qualify as a hot spot like Yellowstone and Hawaii. Both Yellowstone and the Hawaiian chain are like open wounds in the earth. There are no tectonic plates meeting at these locations, where the Himalayas are two plates crashing together. With Yellowstone and Hawaii you can see how the plates have moved over the hot spot. The snake river valley in Idaho was created by the north American moving over the hot spot and the Hawaiian chain is created by the Pacific plate moving over the Pacific hot spot.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Was my first thought too...wonder if any of those 70's bands learned anything when they sought "enlightenment" in Nepal and India. Or I guess more to the point, did it change their lives?

Hmm, I think that you are phrasing the question incorrectly. Did anybody find enlightenment or spiritual growth from "going somewhere?" No, excepting perhaps life experience as mental, spiritual, and philosophic experience, or even professional. Seeing a third world ancient part of the world is profound.

A better question is: Did some band members, hippies, new agers, or seekers find spiritual growth or even enlightenment by PRACTICING the paths of yoga, meditation, mysticism, esoteric Buddhism, etc? And some went there to study that.

I did this, and went to both India and Nepal. I stayed in an Ashram. Ironically, and true to the teachings, it became apparent that the only spiritual truth I had to learn strongly there was that I never had to leave the US to find enlightenment, because it was within. Even many of my Indian teachers there, were not as good as many of the teachers I had in the US (some of whom were Indian and some not).

Case in point. I was sitting on the Ganges having secured a long sought after goal: sitting in a private meeting with an Indian yogi at an ashram, and getting to discuss things. It was good. However, when I asked him to point me to a "true teacher," he opened up a giant book, found an entry for a friend of his, and said "this is a good teacher."

It was a ex-corporate exec white dude from California (where I am from). The message was two fold: Never judge spiritual teachers or their level by race, look (hippy versus preppy), location, and two, you never had to leave your home to find true teachers and spirituality.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

I so want you to be right on this one, i have often said i would side whichever force in the universe is willing to give me wings and a flaming sword.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Indeed the Hermetic axiom.
a reply to: Rosinitiate

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Only a Boddhisatva or Buddha can make prognostications as to their re-incarnation the Dalai Lama would be at best an Arhat and possibly slightly Confucious as to his status.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hmm.

32 Kings of Shambhala
32 paths of wisdom
32 children of light
32 forms of Ganesha
32 physical characteristics of the Buddha

👣

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

new topics