It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE 36

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
THE 36

I've come across a lovely story about a mystical group of humans here on Earth, it is a small collection of just 36 compassionate souls. They are quiet an odd configuration to even have been named as such as they don't even know they belong to it. They have been called to a grand duty even unbeknownst to their very own souls...but still onward they persevere dredging deep waters of a just cause behind a veil of oblivious anonymity.

So here in this thread I shall pay honor to their compassion and be thankful for how they have reached out and touched humanity and became the strongest of backbones to hold such a grand weight of inner strength in that it might have helped to save our lovely circle of humanity.

First, I shall give you a little back ground to their creation
The two Hebrew letters for 36 are the lamed, which is 30, and the vav, which is 6. Therefore, these 36 are referred to as the Lamed-Vav

LAMED

The Uniqueness of Lamed The letter Lamed is unique in the Hebrew alphabet since it is the tallest letter (it is the only letter that rises above the baseline) and, as the 12th letter, it is considered the central letter (or "heart") of the Hebrew alphabet:

The Meaning of Lamed The original meaning of Lamed probably was "to prick, sting, incite, goad," as a shepherd might prod cattle to perform some action. Hence the ancient pictograph was that of a staff or goad, representing authority.

The Hebrew name of the letter itself, lamed, comes from the root lamad meaning to learn or teach, which first occurs in Deuteronomy 4:1 Lamed and Heart Knowledge Rabbi Akiva (50-135) is said to have noted that the spelling of Lamed can be seen as an acronym for the phrase lev meivin da'at, meaning "a heart that understands knowledge"

lamed

VAV

The letter Vav is the sixth letter of the Aleph-Bet, having the numeric value of six. The pictograph for Vav looks like a tent peg, whereas the classical Hebrew script (ketav Ashurit) is constructed of a vertical line and conjoined Yod.

The meaning of the word vav is "hook," as a connecting hook used when the mishkan (tabernacle) was assembled.

The Mystery of Vav Since it occurs as the 22nd letter in the Torah attached to the sixth word, (et), it alludes to the creative connection between all of the letters. Vav is therefore the connecting force of the God, the divine "hook" that binds together heaven and earth.

vav

& As it goes... The Story

Lamed-Vovnik (The Just Men)

"The story he told me is very old and dates from the time of the prophet Issiah. It is the legend of the Lamed-Vov. In this story, God tells us that He will allow the world to continue as long as at any given time there is a minimum of thirty-six good people in the human race. People who are capable of responding to the suffering that is part of the human condition. These thirty-six are are called the Lamed-Vov. If at any time, there are fewer than thirty-six such people alive, the world will come to an end.

"Do you know who these people are, Grandpa?" I asked, certain that he would say "Yes." But he shook his head. "No, Neshume-le," he told me. "Only God knows who the Lamed-Vovniks are. Even the Lamed-Vovniks themselves do not know for sure the role they have in the continuation of the world, and no one else knows it either. They respond to suffering, not in order to save the world but simply because the suffering of others touches them and matters to them."

It turned out that Lamed-Vovniks could be tailors or college professors, millionaires or paupers, powerful leaders or powerless victims. These things were not important. What mattered was only their capacity to feel the collective suffering of the human race and respond to the suffering around them. "And because no one knows who they are, Neshume-le, anyone you meet might be one of the thirty-six for whom God preserves the world," my grandfather said. "It is important to treat everyone as if this might be so."

I sat and thought about this story for a long time. It was different than Noah's Ark. The rainbow meant that there would be a happily-ever-after, just as in the stories my father read to me at bedtime. But Grandpa's story made no such promises. God asked something of people in return for the gift of life, and He was asking it still.

Suddenly, I realized I had no idea what it was. If so much depended on it, it must be something very hard, something that required a great sacrifice. What if the Lamed-Vovniks could not do it? What then?" "How do the Lamed-Vovniks respond to suffering, Grandpa?" I asked, suddenly anxious. "What do they have to do?" My grandfather smiled at me very tenderly. "Ah Neshume-li," he told me. "They do not have to do anything. They respond to all suffering with compassion. Without compassion the world cannot continue. Our compassion blesses and sustains the world." "

---

"There are in the world, and have always been, 36 righteous men whose mission is to justify the world to God. They are very poor, and do not know one another. If one of them reaches the realization that he is a Lamed Vovnik, he dies immediately and is replaced by someone else, perhaps in another part of the world. They constitute the secret pillars of the universe. Were it not for them, the Lord would annihilate the human race. They are our saviours and they know it not."

lamed vonik just men

Basically, no one knows who these people are. In some variations of the story, even a lamed vovnik does not realize who he is. They are compassionate for the sake of being compassionate, so they would not recognize themselves as special.

lamed voniks

So what say you folk, have any of you met one of The 36 ? Do you think you have been privy to an encounter with one of these such human beings ? Would this not be the same as an encounter with an angel in human form ? What do you think ?

Do any of you have any more back ground information or facts to add to this story which would make it any more believable or otherwise known to be true. Can you help dig up some information / facts for me ? Or is it just some fancy maneuvering of letters and numerology at play in a mystical nature which has brought forth a wonderful little creation, If nothing more at least I have given you 36 more reasons to justify our hope for the continuation of humanity.

Regardless what you believe the story or not, give me something, whether it be a story or encounter or just something that can relate or just a little fact that might help to shed some light to the truth.

leolady
edit on 19-4-2015 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thanks, this kinda the grit i came to ATS for.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

You have me intrigued - what an absolutely fantastic story. Very little info immediately available however I did find this on IMDB.....

www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thank you for this, if for no other reason than another interesting thing to contemplate for a while.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Amoungst the pantheon of Spiritual Heros, these are ones to which I aspire.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Thats really cool. I like it allot.

I have always thought something like this. That there are a small group of people who dont truly know that their experience on earth either elevates humanity or makes its consciousness fall. Up and down relative to the animal mind or the transcendental mind.

The transcendental mind or as I like to call it, deep mind, is what ancients called proximity to God...the Throne.

I feel there is some merit to this. Should the primary connection to this consciousness be severed then a reset would be necessary in order to establish a path to our global consciousness. A reset in terms of massive reduction in "failed connections"....every person operating under a severed consciousness would need to die so as to divert their energy towards the correct source. Like fixing a shattered mirror by eliminating the scattered shards. Only one piece would remain and grow to reconstitute the whole.

These 36 would not be 36 physical people, but 36 paths to deep mind.....God consciousness. The number may not even be literal but representative of a general measure.

Like having set sizes to bytes for a line of code. If a single one is corrupted or missing the entire line is ignored and skipped over so the whole program doesnt crash.

The structure of the programming language, the architecture, would be dependent on the hard ware. Perhaps humanity as hardware needs a set amount of pathways to source, deep mind, in order to function....this in correlation to its size.

If not, entire lines of code are dumped....in other words....people die.

cool thread. I like it.

EDIT TO ADD:
I think these 36 pathways or consciousness types are floating and not fixed to single people. Meaning that they can exist in any person and jump to another following a natural order between people as they become aware and are then emptied of this consciousness in favor of a better suited host.

Like a current jumping from node to node in a circuit with allot of redundancy. If the minimal amount of properly calibrated nodes is not present the circuit overloads and causes a catastrophic failure of the system. Then the reset works like a fail safe and seeks out a minimal circuit structure using the redundancy it has to establish new nodes and calibrate them accordingly. From that point on the circuit grows again once the current is stable.

We are the nodes and life experience is the calibration. Compassion as it were may be the universal tool for calibration....yet another fail safe designed to protect the system from being overridden by improper calibrations that are contrary to the systems global function.

An interesting aspect of forbidden calibration, the apple of eden as it were, would be like overclocking the system....

edit on 4 19 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well, God says if there are ever LESS THAN 36... the world will end. So there might be more than that now! I've always treasured my own capacity for compassion, but I highly doubt I am perfect enough to be one of "the pillars of humanity" but I have met one or two homeless looking people in my travels who seemed to have a divine aura about them and spoke very wisely and seemed to know things about me, not in a psychic, seeing the future kind of way but more that their wisdom was such that they could easily read people and know them, know them deeply and be able to discern certain things about them, about who they are, deep inside... and they truly did emenate compassion... it radiates forth from them.

I tell you if you want to meet special people, spend time around the homeless... seek out the diamond in the rough... Though all are special in their own way, some people truly are of a rare breed...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well, God says if there are ever LESS THAN 36... the world will end. So there might be more than that now! I've always treasured my own capacity for compassion, but I highly doubt I am perfect enough to be one of "the pillars of humanity" but I have met one or two homeless looking people in my travels who seemed to have a divine aura about them and spoke very wisely and seemed to know things about me, not in a psychic, seeing the future kind of way but more that their wisdom was such that they could easily read people and know them, know them deeply and be able to discern certain things about them, about who they are, deep inside... and they truly did emenate compassion... it radiates forth from them.

I tell you if you want to meet special people, spend time around the homeless... seek out the diamond in the rough... Though all are special in their own way, some people truly are of a rare breed...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Good, I am glad you enjoyed it. I had not heard this story before so it was a treat for me as well.

leolady

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Oooh boy thanks for finding and sharing this.

I will try to find the link to actually watch it.

leolady

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Out of every member on Ats I think you could qualify most for as one of the 36. They will no doubt be knocking on your door soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The number 36 is the gematria number value of ELH (Eloha) because E = 1, L = 30 & H = 5. This is the Godname of Geburah, the sixth Sephirah of the Tree of Life (Otz Chiim). It has been discovered in recent years that what Kabbalah regards as the Tree of Life is but the outer form of the complete, cosmic blueprint. Its underlying geometry generates another geometrical system that comprises two sets of enfolded regular polygons, one set being the mirror image of the other. This is the inner Tree of Life. What has been discovered is that this geometrical object is but the two-dimensional version of a counterpart existing in three dimensions as the Catalan solid called the disdyakis triacontahedron, in four dimensions as the compound of two 600-cells and in eight dimensions as the semi-regular, uniform polytope called the 421 polytope (see here). The seven enfolded regular polygons have 36 corners. So this number performs the archetypal function of Geburah in determining the least number of points in the plane that are needed to create the 2-dimensional shape of the divine blueprint, as well as the number of vertices of half of the disdyakis triacontahedron.

For more details of how the Names of God mathematically determine the group mathematics of superstrings, see here and the two PDFs (Part 1 & Part 2).

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Have any of you guys seen the tv series Touch? It was cancelled (lasted only 2 seasons). But was about an autistic kid, with special abilities.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I like your outlook and comparison on the subject, it makes me think and it makes me have to re-read what you wrote in order to not miss what is being said because of the level of complexity you bring forth. It intrigues me.

leolady

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yes you are correct on the wording, it says that there can't be less than 36. So that sets forth the idea that there indeed are or could be many more than 36. In fact I do believe in this, that if we can have just 36 who have such compassion then it should and would have a such rolling effect which in turn will create compassion in many and the result of such a thing in my opinion can and will be a positive thing.

leolady

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Ooh I don't know of such things, thank you though for the compliment. All I can say is I try my best... is that not all I can do ?

leolady

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

I really like the numbers being pulled further into this as it gives me some digging to do and some dimensions to bring into this little mystical story that is being told.

It shall occupy my time and mind as I retreat for a period to ponder and research it further.

Thank you.

leolady

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I wonder if they are distributed, via birthday, among the different astrological configurations of the sun and moon.

👣

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Makes me think of similarities with Star seed and The Chosen (in the bible). Similar fate. Sent on a mission without any remembrance. The Saints/Buddha/Siddha/"anointed ones" who fall to Earth/3D/Samsara for the good of all beings.

Birth amnesia is both a blessing and a curse. The home sickness would have been insane if we did not get wiped of memory.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've always felt there were beings charged with this. Not necessarily those who act, but those who unknowingly act as a jury taking in details and arriving at a natural, real time verdict.

It would be more efficient and honest if they didn't know the weight on their shoulders so they can register the proper feeling/response as necessary. Awesome.

Maybe it's 1 in 36 people even! How frightful, considering the world right now. If I was one, the outlook isn't good LOL!
If it has to end, I vote for the sun to explode. I'm not strong enough to witness any more death and loss, nor do I want to be that burden on loved ones!

Sometimes the ants just need their nest shaken a little.

<<   2  3 >>

join