It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE 36

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

I really enjoyed reading your lovely inspiring and insightful post. Personally speaking, as someone who has travelled down many mystical schools of thought path(Gnosticism, Suffism, Kabbalah, Vedic ,Buddha and a few others not so well known... since a youth) I have discovered all the teachings are the same just with slight deviations on the path. Some focus more on one aspect of the flow of creation (inner work, as above; so below, etc) where others focus on another aspect (manifesting, etc) but ALL teach the same doctrine: Know Thyself.

Know Thyself reconciles all the teachings thought of us different. The mystical root of any religion is the same as all others and can help one better connect the dots.

In Kaśmir Śaivism, the 36 tattvas describe the Absolute, its internal aspects and the creation including living beings, down to the physical reality. The addition of 11 supplemental tattvas compared to the Sāṃkhya allows for a richer, fuller vision of the Absolute.

en.wikipedia.org...

Below is from your source:

They constitute the secret pillars of the universe.

The Mystery of Vav Since it occurs as the 22nd letter in the Torah attached to the sixth word, (et),it alludes to the creative connection between all of the letters. Vav is therefore the connecting force of the God, the divine "hook" that binds together heaven and earth.

Indeed! VAV can be discovered within your very own psyche when a consecrated space within the temple of mind is formed. It will allow for personal creative freedom due to interconnection and interpenetration of all things.

"it alludes to the creative connection between all"

A member above was kind enough to share this insight:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I have discovered is there are many layers to mysticism that produce many branches to explore about creation from our limited human consciousness. All that matters is what breathes life into your spirit (inspiration...) and allows your heart to smile when inspiring others. The 36 you speak about is far more heart-warming and can inspire many souls than my understanding of the topic and for that I AM grateful.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
just a thought but maybe 36 is related to the number of people it would take to restart civilisation. maybe the minimum number to maintain genetic diversity or something along those lines

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I know there are those of you who would rather watch something than read, so here are some videos I found on the subject of the thread. Enjoy.

LAMED

VAV

Seeking THE 36

A Comical Skeptics Viewpoint, LOL

leolady

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I wonder if these 36 would be drawn together?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

This story is the basis for the book "The Last of the Just" by Andre Schwartz Bart which won the Prix de Goncourt, the highest literary prize in France. See en.wikipedia.org...
I bought the book soon after publication in an English translation.

"The story follows the "Just Men" of the Levy family over eight centuries. Each Just Man is a Lamed Vav, one of the thirty-six righteous souls whose existence justifies the purpose of humankind to God.[3] Each "bear the world's pains... beginning with the execution of an ancestor in 12th-century York, England... culminat[ing] in the story of a schoolboy, Ernie, the last... executed at Auschwitz."[4] It has been described as an enduring classic that reminds "how easily torn is the precious fabric of civilization, and how destructive are the consequences of dumb hatred-whether a society's henchmen are permitted to beat an Ernie Levy because he's Jewish, or because he's black or gay or Hispanic or homeless."[5] One reviewer criticized the book for showing gender chauvinism.[5]"

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Great thread!

When I first read it some old memories came up

36 Creators, Ancient Aliens, or Watchers
who are responsible for our consciousness bio-genetic experiment.

I remember reading from this Metaphysical site, run by this psychic lady about the number 36. I couldn’t recall the name but I goggled the site and here it is…it’s called Crystalinks, run by the psychic Ellie

www.crystalinks.com...
www.aloha.net...

36 Around the Eye of Horus
Horus, Hours, Experiencing in Time

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

What?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

So what say you folk, have any of you met one of The 36 ? Do you think you have been privy to an encounter with one of these such human beings ? Would this not be the same as an encounter with an angel in human form ? What do you think ?

I think its a cool story. But if there is any supposed 36 super duper higher dudes walking around trying to change things and maintain things in this place called earth. Well, they obviously failed. And you would probably need somewhere along the lines of 36,00000 to effect any real change.

But in all. Its the same old story rehashed, people looking for something or a greater good to save them from the mess they make. If that is the case, well then the best course of action is to let them all learn from there mistakes, even if it takes an eternity. What you describe only will ultimately help in expanding on mistakes and faults for centuries, if you think about it if there was a superman around always helping people. Well they would never learn to fix things or the problems themselfs, which would ultimately just make for a whole race of spoiled nasty brats who never learned, because there was always somebody else helping them along. Basically a whole race of spoiled mean tyrants is likely the ultimate logical conclusion of the whole superhero myth. Because they never had to do it by themselfs.

I think its way past time for humanity to handle there own # and everything coming down the wire there way. And if it cant, then it can go extinct. Yes! In fact it may be way past time for that. So yes! I think the whole hero myth has done more bad and has likely helped in creating more monsters then good.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Well the story says 36 alive at any given time, however I do believe that it can and would be many more.

You see, for a person to have compassion for another has a positive effect on the other person which in turn leaves an impression. The impression that is made would follow said other person and now said other person would go on with their own compassion toward another.

It would cause an effect to be far reaching.

The hooks (VAV) grab a-hold of the heart (LAMED).

I don't believe the story is intended to tell a tale of humanity waiting around to be saved by these 36 souls.

I believe the story is told so that it may grab a-hold of our hearts and teach a lesson that we may learn from it.

leolady

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

But in all. Its the same old story rehashed, people looking for something or a greater good to save them from the mess they make.

That's not how the 36 would look at it. They would look at stories like that as one way to try to understand the profound and transformative mystical experiences they've undergone. I ascended a few years ago, and I consider the possibility that I am one of the 36 to be quite high.

But anyway. 36 is 4 groups of 9. That's a quaternity of 9. A four-fold structure, just like the human psyche. Here is food for thought regarding the quaternity.

'The quaternity is one of the most widespread archetypes and has also proved to be one of the most useful schemata for representing the arrangement of the functions by which the conscious mind takes its bearings. [See typology.] It is like the crossed threads in the telescope of our understanding. The cross formed by the points of the quaternity is no less universal and has in addition the highest possible moral and religious significance for Western man. Similarly the circle, as the symbol of completeness and perfect being, is a widespread expression for heaven, sun, and God; it also expresses the primordial image of man and the soul. [“The Psychology of the Transference,” CW 16, par. 405.]'

frithluton.com...

And here is food for thought regarding 9.

'In early 1975, a broke and depressed Roddenberry was approached by a British former race car driver named Sir John Whitmore, who was associated with a strange organization called ‘Lab-9.’ Though unknown to the public, Lab-9 were ostensibly a sort of an independent version of the X-Files, dedicated to the research of paranormal phenomena. However, Lab-9 had another, more complex agenda- they later claimed to be in contact with a group of extraterrestrials called the ‘Council of Nine’ or simply ‘The Nine’, who had been communicating through ‘channelers’ or psychic mediums.

The Nine claimed to be the creators of mankind, and had informed the channelers that they would be returning to Earth soon. Lab-9 had wanted to hire Roddenberry to write a screenplay based on the Council of Nine’s imminent return. To help Roddenberry in his research, Lab-9 flew him out to their headquarters, located on a large estate in Ossining, NY. There, Roddenberry met and interviewed several psychics, and prepared the groundwork for his script.'

secretsun.blogspot.com...

👣

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just a thought here. Is this what happens when when the last Tzidek dies?

Revelation 6.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It turned out that Lamed-Vovniks could be tailors or college professors, millionaires or paupers, powerful leaders or powerless victims.

"There are in the world, and have always been, 36 righteous men whose mission is to justify the world to God. They are very poor, and do not know one another.

I still find the legend inspiring, just couldn't ignore the contradiction because it arose from the same article. If it was in another source, than those things happen, but not from the same author.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I really hope no one dies reading this. Oh the irony if true. Thirty six people who's understanding of the human experience, that can validate the existence of billions that can't. I feel sorry for them, that's a lot of empathy.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Reply to Involutionist

Actually they are both from the same linked website article, but two different authors and their stories of the Lamed- Vovnik are shown in the article :

AUTHOR: I happened to pick up Naomi Remen's national bestseller, My Grandfather's Blessing, and was delighted to see she offered her remembrance of first learning of the Just Men. Speaking of her grandfather she says:

It turned out that Lamed-Vovniks could be tailors or college professors, millionaires or paupers, powerful leaders or powerless victims.

AUTHOR: In his El Libro de los Borges, Argentinean writer Juan Luis Borges tells the story like this.

"There are in the world, and have always been, 36 righteous men whose mission is to justify the world to God. They are very poor, and do not know one another.

originally posted by: Involutionist
I still find the legend inspiring, just couldn't ignore the contradiction because it arose from the same article. If it was in another source, than those things happen, but not from the same author.

leolady

edit on 21-4-2015 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: blindprometheus

I hope no one dies either.

So do you think the story is literal ? That if one of the 36 sees and reads this they are going to die on the spot ? Or was it a figure of speech, in that once the person is discovered to be one of the 36, they no longer belong to the group.

They never knew they belonged to the group and once they finally realize they are part of it or someone else realizes it for them, they die or no longer are part of it ! ? Let me wrap me little head around that one for a bit. Is that a dang it moment or what ?

From my original post in the thread:
"They are quiet an odd configuration to even have been named as such as they don't even know they belong to it. They have been called to a grand duty even unbeknownst to their very own souls...but still onward they persevere dredging deep waters of a just cause behind a veil of oblivious anonymity."

Only God knows who the Lamed-Vovniks are. Even the Lamed-Vovniks themselves do not know for sure the role they have in the continuation of the world, and no one else knows it either. They respond to suffering, not in order to save the world but simply because the suffering of others touches them and matters to them.

If one of them reaches the realization that he is a Lamed Vovnik, he dies immediately and is replaced by someone else, perhaps in another part of the world.

I guess we have a riddle of sorts occurring here do we not ?

leolady

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule
Well in that case, it may make for a cool story bro. That or the plot to some dime store mystery/adventure novel or comic book. But other then that. Nah! That's all.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Thank you for clarifying.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

After searching around I never could find the film you listed. I really wanted to watch it.

I did how ever find another movie that relates to the thread called 36 Saints. I'm posting the trailer to the movie.
I did watch it and it was a murder/mystery/detective type of movie using the story of the Lamed-Vovnik as the movie theme. The movie was ok.

I am going to keep searching for the one you posted too in case i might get lucky and find it.

leolady

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Good find. The movie's tagline is:
The best of us act humanely no matter the circumstances.

I want to find the movie.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

So perhaps they are born at a particular time / astrological influence which makes them more compassionate ?

leolady

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join