It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 373
<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I hope I can get caught up.
First.
Skid Warning My dear friend here is a little tale to illustrate what I think about kidneys.
Whilst in Chef school, a very admirable establishment in all ways if you are prone to torture, it was required of us to prepare and taste a huge variety of food. All the vital organs, brains, bull ding dongs, and so forth.
Kidneys, fresh mind you, were to be prepared, I don't recall the exact dish, but the smell was horrendous as they were heated, (not too bad raw) and when this concoction was completed we were required to taste it, not like it but taste it.
Our, all ways attentive teachers, who were well schooled from the Spanish Inquisition took great delight in our reactions.
This was the only time I puked in five years of apprenticeship.
Haggis almost took me to the same conclusion.
Do you eat the whole ant? I can't get past them latching on to my tongue even though they are extremely nutritious.
Errol I agree The Shed 4 sounds lovely and concerning the atmosphere beyond the shed, yes every one seems to want to argue. My blood pressure demands I stay in here.
The eagles are wonderful, thank you and your entry.
Kittie I swear I wasn't naughty and I never tap on any thing "unusual".
You are lucky to have an aunt like that, perhaps she can help you with the "de-feathering" process. Even though Mom did all that at home I could never stomach the chicken and geese .
Do you have any baby deer yet?
Cody Squid on your sister, that is naughty.

Chirp Your new Avatar is lovely, elusive mysterious.
Night a wonderful entry and I just can't keep up in here.
If I missed some one just smack me. Please.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hmmm
Bug Dear I was thinking today, on my walk, about you. I tried to put it in perspective, in my tiny perspective that is, how it is to have these pages read to you. Are there certain topics you like? Perhaps I am just rambling. Take care and please swim in soon.
Syx and CC I do miss you, I hope you are well and enjoying the early spring days.

I have little to add other than perhaps it is a comfort to be here.
As some may know it has been several months of tribulation in my corner of the shed. But I am getting stronger I think and had a slow but wonderful hike over the week end with my MSO.

The Sandhills are going nuts all over trumpeting their dinosaur cry. The are amazing beings and if you haven't seen their mating ritual please make a point of doing it. The males are elaborate gymnastic mystics. They go on and on for days wooing the aloof female.
And these guys mate for life but still go through the same Spiel every year.
Amazing. Humans should get a hint there.
Martin How are your tests going?

Thank you guys for the clouds and the sunsets.
Aren't they lovely. Every single one. Every sunset is new and fresh.
One day years ago on the bridge I commented to the Chief how beautiful the sunset was. The grumpy old fart just answered "You've seen one, you've seen them all"
I promised my self that day I would enjoy every sunset the rest of my life and never associate with with people of that observance.
Not only sunsets but all the little things some people tend to take for granted.
I promised my self to never be indifferent to the beauty and thus wonder of this world and beyond.
I made a pledge to be silly in love with all the diverse disturbing aspects of life.
I vowed to face it, the danger, the hideous ugliness the incomprehensible; and embrace it, not to nourish the adverse, but to understand and maintain a grain of compassion for the "things" I can't comprehend.

You are all, together with the so called "real life' people, part of a tapestry of beauty, wonder, extraordinary diversity, and absolutely incomprehensible, because who am I to know the depth of a soul? And so you are beautiful.

If I am not making any sense forgive me.
edit on 21-3-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Just a thought

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hello Wis Sweetie! You reminded me of my Husband when years ago I was pointing out a magnificent colorful Autumn tree in all its splendor and he said, "If you've seen one tree, you've seen them all." I was like...

Glad to hear that you are getting stronger!

Signed my part on the papers to sell the house. The new owners will be taking down Mom's huge flowering bushes/trees. One got hit bad a couple of Winters ago from too much heavy snow and whatnot, but the other is exquisite! We have a short stone wall out front that is falling down and they feel it is because of the roots of those trees.
They will be planting flowers. They seem like really nice people and I'll have to talk to them about other things that are planted in the yard like my double peonies, some of my flowers, Mom's bleeding heart bushes and what-not. They won't even be living here so I hope they leave my stuff alone.

My Mom in her apartment had her washer and dryer in the apartment and I heard they will be taking those out and setting up coin operated one's in the basement for whoever ends up moving in. My Sister made sure that in the lawyers papers it was written up that Mark and I would still own our own appliances. We paid for our washer and dryer and stove, heater and fridge. They new owners agreed to that. My stuff is old but looks new because I take care of my things and everything works perfectly. They are also sectioning off spaces in the basement so everyone has a private area for whatever they store. Mark hardly has anything at all down there and I don't have anything I'd want down there really.

Just leave my friggin flowers and some of my Mom's stuff! God, I hope they don't decide to chop down the huge ancient tree in the yard. I would cry! I grew up with that tree!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh dear, it is so ruthless when they remove plants. I don't know why. Take down the house, a wall, something, but when they tear up the plants I can't handle it. "Just leave the damn trees".

I hope this comes to a conclusion for you soon. To me it is heart breaking. It seems as if every other day you have to face a new chapter of the death of your parents.

Hugs

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thank you Sweetheart! Mom gardened here most of her life until she became too filled with pain in her knees to continue. The HUGE bushes that are like trees were just small plants all those years ago and has been the envy of the neighborhood. It will be like seeing a big part of Mom go with them. Dad bought her many of those plants as did many of us in the family. I grew up with these plants. They are old like me.

I'm wondering what they will think of the Mother Mary statue that Mom had cemented in the backyard. That will be freaky if they take a hammer to it. I have a lovely Angel out there that I had bought Mom one Mother's day. I knew I would inherit the Angel and it would be my Angel in remembrance of her and Dad. At least mine isn't cemented there. I'll clean it up and bring it in the damned house if I have to. LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Having grown up with trees and always loving them, I was once inspired and wrote this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Pheonix, who are you resurrecting?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The folks that named Virginia.

And for your other question, Bee'd is the first instant where a bee visits a flower. That moment is the plant equivalent of losing your virginity.

P

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

That was so pretty!
I've been all through the short stories threads, or so I thought, and missed it!

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Thank you!
My oldest daughter picked her.
She said this is how she feels today (well that was a few days ago).
A dear friend fixed one up for me that I will use soon...
I'm going to cycle them. My daughter likes when I change them and she adores me using HER as the subject so...

I hope you are well my friend.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Good morning everyone. I hated turning on the TV and seeing Brussels this morning.
God what is the world coming to?

My heart hurts for all of the pain and hate in this world.

Night - I'm so sorry honey. It must be so hard watching someone else rip your world apart. Sadly they do not understand the memories they don't see.

Chirp - Your daughter has great taste!!! I love your new look!!! How are things going with you?

WIS - Hey sweetie. I'm starting to get a few of my test back. So far so good. Until you I always thought an Empath wasn't real, now I believe differently (and I say that with a true love sweetie)
edit on 3/22/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

AboveBoard made this avatar "Up in Smoke" and I thought of you!!!
Link to AboveBoard's post

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Good day everyone.

The sun rises on the good and evil.
But remember there is much beauty in this world.
And light will always make darkness flee.

Have a great day!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Good morning everyone. I hated turning on the TV and seeing Brussels this morning.
God what is the world coming to?
Chirp - Your daughter has great taste!!! I love your new look!!! How are things going with you?

Thank you ! I'll tell her LOL.
Thank you for asking...we are okay...it is spring break so no school worries...she has made it 3 weeks though and I am thrilled! So is her Father that the cap and gown and assorted graduation moneys weren't wasted haha!
Still medical issues but, we are taking one day at a time and I am making sure that she knows that no matter what...no matter how crazy or insignificant situations may seem to her that she is NOT bothering me. I want to know. She IS my life!

Have a wonderful day and be safe!
The world is an edgy place today...I feel like we're spinning wrong...wobbily...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Morning WIS. Nice to see you.

I am so done with winter. LOL!! But is winter done with us.

I have started my seeds indoors this year. Well see how this goes.

As far as any fawn's, Doe's do not start having babies until May or June where I live.

dnr.wi.gov...
edit on 22-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Beautiful writing.

I left a message on that thread.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Aboveboard asks me to share hugs with everyone. I found the avatar above that she made and grabbed it for Gimmie, just in case. The link in that post will also take you to the avatar thread where she posted.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Pheonix, thanks for the explanations! Bee'd...LOL

Bird, Glad you liked my story! Loving the new avatars! Give your daughter a hug from Auntie Night Star!
As for the world being an edgy place today...It's been edgy for a very long time. It can be chaotic and crazy, but there are still plenty of good people and hope left.
Cool image for Chooch you got there!

Tom, you're very poetic this morning! That was a lovely reply!

Kitty Kat, I'm sick of Winter too! Yesterday we were supposed to get a lot of snow and it didn't amount to much, much has already melted.

What are you growing from seeds? I know with herbs, it's best to buy already established plants. I'm not much of a gardener. Seeds don't usually work well for me. LOL I'm going to try an indoor herb garden this year and hope I don't kill anything.

My day out with Linda today. Going to a witchy shop where they make the best lip balm in the world, all natural and soooo smooth. They have nice creams and lotions and essential oils and stuff. To save money, we hit a couple of different grocery stores. Have to go to the bank too. Not sure where else we'll go. Not even sure where we will go for lunch today.

Got a call from the Doctors office and they want me to re-take bloodwork and urine sample. My cholesterol is high again and they want me to eat more fruits and vegetables, less processed foods and exercise. OMG, exercise to me with spinal stenosis and a nerve damaged leg and other spinal issues equals pain!!!!!!!!! Been taking fish oil because I can't take any meds for cholesterol.

To one and all, try to have a lovely day!

edit on 22-3-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Good Morning to Everyone here in the shed

Things are starting to get busy again for me. So my time visiting will be limited.

When I turned on the News this morning I had a feeling of sadness. WTH??? I will be quiet today. I will lite a candle for the world today.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Kat, thank you, I'll go check in a minute! Lighting a candle for the world is an awesome idea!

Martin, give AB a big hug for me! I haven't been to the avatar thread in a while. They do an awesome job in there!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't have been able to eat the kidneys. I hate the smell of pee as it is. Yes I do eat the whole ant, at least used to. It's been years upon years.

top topics

<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join