It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 374
<< 371  372  373    375  376  377 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hi Skid,

Well today is Tuesday. I was told I would know by Monday if I got into the Turkey Hunting Class. So no Turkey hunting for me.

Oh well, that's ok, I guess if I look at it sensibly, I have got alot on my plate as it is.

I am trying tomato plants from seed this year. Again. It makes me feel good to be doing something, that has to do with nice weather.

Just getting my hands into that potting soil somehow lifts my spirits. LOL!!! Weird,

Night I have my Chive plant from last year. So that will come up on it's own.

I am making clove tea. I opened up the spice rack and started smelling the scents. I couldn't get the clove smell out of my mind. So I took a handful of whole cloves and wrapped them in some Cheesecloth. It is steeping now.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ok, well I don't have much more to say. I am so bummed out today. I almost wish I hadn't turned on the T.V..

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
Kat - I hate you didn't get into the turkey class. Maybe you can find a fellow hunter that you can tag along with the first time. Good luck with your seeds. I would kill em. I can only grow something that lives on its own, if it depends on me...it dies. I do NOT have a green thumb, I think mine is black. HAHAHA

I am glad I am at work and can't see the TV. Just watching this morning while getting ready for work was enough for me.
I need a pretty picture

Ahhh, much better

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thank you for the pretty picture.

Ya, it ok about the turkey hunting. I am gonna give this guy a call later in the season and find out when they will start taking apps. for next year.

I'm just getting antsy. Open water fishing won't start for a while still. I won't go out on the ice anymore.

I went out and stood on the launch the other day. I was just getting ready to walk back and this other guy pulls up, I said Hi as we passed each other and he said Hi back. I watched him from my truck. And he was doing the same thing I was, just standing there looking out at the lake. Hahahaha. I'm not the only one chomping at the bit to get my boat on the water.
edit on 22-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I didn't know you had to take a class for turkey hunting. That sucks. Hopefully next year.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

No, you don't have to take a class. But since I have never hunted turkey, I figured it was the best way to learn. I don't know anyone who hunts them.

Ya gotta start somewhere. And this way, I think I will be able to find people that are responsible hunters. I have heard stories of folks getting out there and not taking safety measures seriously. That scares me.

Like those idiots down in Illinios, shooting carp off boats. LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes, gun safety is important. Really it comes down to common sense. Too bad a lot of people don't have it. I guess that goes for bows, too.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I've got a couple of things to offer The Shed this day.
First my wife Gail (or as you may know her Bug Whisperer) asked me to convey to you on her behalf,
that she misses you and interacting with you all.
And that she loves you.
She is feeling better and hopes to be back with everyone here soon.

I also have another story entry hopefully for your amusement and some light reading.
It is a continuation from my last chapter here:
Chapter 12 page 366
and Night Star's continuation of her story here:
Night Star's Story page 370

And now we continue with my:

Chapter 13

Errollorre sat at the end of a long table in the dining room of the Hidden Library of the Forest of Accasia.
The table was still filled with the remains of a great feast.
Three of the guardians of the library sat silently eating at the midway section of the great table.
Night Star and her companions had all gone to the garden area to check on the well being of Aria, the winged elf who had been cursed by the Witch Queen into a ghostly form.

Leaning back in his chair, Errollorre drank elven ale from a large goblet in his hand.
He stared at the guardians who ate silently with their heads down. They had been ignoring Errollorre since the meal began.
“I do say may good fellows” said Errollorre. “That was a wonderful meal.”
The guardians continued eating without looking up or acknowledging Errollorre’s words.
“Yes sir,” said Errollorre, “Nothing like a good meal and stimulating conversation.”
Errollorre took another long drink of elven ale. He was not used to its effect and already had partaken far more of it than he should have.
“You know what your problem is?” Errollorre said to the guardians slightly slurring his words.
“You won’t stop talking. I can’t get a word in edgewise.” Errollorre slumped back in his chair and laughed.
Then he took another long drink of ale.

Night Star and her companions entered through a door from the far side of the room.
As they made their way back to their seats at the table Night Star with a nod of her head and a signal with her eyes, Indicated to Errollorre that Aria was alone in the garden and may be in the frame of mind for Errollorre to talk to her.
“If you will excush me shentlemen.” Said a tipsy Errollorre. “I’ve got shomeone important to talk to.”
With that he staggered towards the garden door.

Aria stood in the moonlight at the end of a garden of exotic trees and flowers.
“Can it be true?” she wondered. “When the witch turned me into a ghostly form, could she have also erased some of my memories?
I don’t remember this man who claims we were to be married. He seems nice.
He’s certainly not bad to look at. But I don’t know him. I don’t know what he is like. How he thinks.
What we have in common. What was it that would have made me love him? If, I loved him.
I must try and hear him out. Maybe if we talk it will come back to me. Perhaps my memories will return.
Maybe this is the key to my becoming my old self again!”
The thought of this gave Aria hope.
She suddenly felt that perhaps this stranger, this one called Errollorre could be the beginning of a new and better life.

“Aria.” A voice called.
Aria turned in the moonlight to see silhouetted in the garden doorway the tall strong features of a man.
It was Errollorre.
Errollorre stepped forward into the light. His strong handsome features seemed to glow in the night.
“My dearest Aria.” Said Errollorre as he bowed low.
Then he fell unconscious flat on his face.
Aria ran over to the unconscious Errollorre. He was breathing.
She tried to pat his hand. To rub her hand on his forehead. To brush back his hair.
But her hand in its ghostly form just passed through him.
Suddenly behind her there was the sound of a loud thud.
She turned to see that from over the garden wall had leapt Troll the troll.

Troll looked at Aria bent over the unconscious Errollorre and walked quickly toward them.
Aria’s first instinct was to run. But then she realized this troll would not be able to harm her in her ghostly form.
Troll walked up to Aria and looked at her intently.
He put out a gigantic hand and passed it slowly through Aria.
Then he looked at Errollorre and put his nose close to Errollorre’s mouth.
“Ugh,” said Troll.” Silly man drink too much elf berry juice.”
Troll put his hand on Errollorre’s chest. “Silly man sleep then be better.” Said Troll.
“You ugly elf woman he look for. Troll help him find you. Troll hear you say you don’t know him. You make silly man sad. Silly man love you. He no lie. You try remember so you and silly man be happy.”

“I am trying to remember Mr. Troll.” Said Aria.
Aria looked at the unconscious Errollorre laying sprawled out on the ground.
“Mr Troll” said Aria, “Would you pick him up and put him on that bench under the tree?
It might be more comfortable for him.”
“Troll pick up silly man.” Said Troll.

Troll scooped his hands under Errollorre and lifted him easily.
Errollorre stirred and mumbled something.
Then he turned in Troll’s hands and began to fall.
Aria unable to help just put her hands to her mouth and let out a small cry of dismay.
Troll grabbed Errollorre by the ankle as he fell. Errollorre’s head bumped the ground and Troll lifted him up.

It was at this moment that Night Star and her companions reentered the garden.
They looked at the scene of Aria with hands to her mouth letting out a small cry,
and Troll holding an unconscious Errollorre upside down by one ankle.
Pesky the pixie began yelling and telling Troll to let Errollorre go.
Sky the miniature dragon let out a puff of smoke.
Hugo the winged wildcat and Wolf the white wolf both crouched preparing to pounce.

“No no don’t hurt the troll.” Said Aria. “He was helping.”
Aria turned to Troll. “Please just put him down Mr. Troll.” Said Aria.
Troll let go of Errollorre’s ankle and Errollorre crashed to the dirt with a thud.

Troll looked at Night Star and her companions.
Then he began to walk quickly toward them.
Before anyone could decide how to react, Troll stood in front of Night Star, towering over her.
“Troll remember you.” Said Troll.
“Troll try catch you at bridge. You try trick Troll. You send animals to hurt Troll.
Now Troll give you something.”
It all happened so fast and the situation was so unexpected,
that Night Star and her companions were unsure and hesitated in reacting to the movements of Troll.
Troll reached into his shirt and produced two bangle bracelets.
“These belong to tricky elf woman. Silly man found them and took them.
When Troll see silly man in prison he take shiny things from him.
Now Troll give them back to ugly elf woman.
Troll no more fight creatures like Troll did before.
Troll has new way. Take shiny things.
Troll no more hurt stupid things.”

Then Troll handed Night Star her lost bangle bracelets and walked away.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Oh yea, I forgot about the bow hunters going after the carp.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I've gotta go see whats going on with that.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Oh I love when you write.

This story is so funny, and sometimes I catch my eye's welling up with tears.

Really enjoying the story.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Tom / Night I LOVE the story entries.

BUG! Gail I am sooo glad that you are feeling better. I can't wait to see you here again with your cute pictures!!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I meant bow hunters being irresponsible and accidentally shooting someone. I actually would mind bow fishing as long as it was legal. I think it would be a challenge.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Well, here ya go. LOL!!!

tnwf.org...

I had no idea you guy's had a big carp problem in the south.

Most articles I have read just talk about the Northern states.
edit on 22-3-2016 by crappiekat because: forgot link

edit on 22-3-2016 by crappiekat because: SP OK???

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That's actually a bit farther south from where I am but yeah Asian carp has gotten to be a problem.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I just pulled up this article about W Virginia

www.wvgazettemail.com...

Just never realized they were getting that far.

I do agree about the bait dumping. We never dump our minnows. They either end up in the garden or we let the cats play with them and then....

People who do not fish, just think we go out there and throw a line in the water and catch fish. We are actually stewards of the lakes we fish. I want our fresh water fisheries to be here for my grandchilden and on. It's a responsibility I try to take seriously without being a jerk. LOL!! That can be difficult some times.
edit on 22-3-2016 by crappiekat because: forgot link Again

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here is a little treat

Because you all made me cry grateful tears tonight.
Kittie if I started any thing in the house my cats would claim it as a fancy litter box. I can't have plants unless they hang on the wall.
Do you use grow lights they should be a huge advantage.? So sorry you missed the class. If you call them and whine a little in a purring feline way, they will probably let you in? Just a thought, not that you would want to "cheat", but a hunter must be cunning, right?
Martin First. That image for Chooch was awesome, Above is a true artist. And I pray you handle waiting for those stupid test results with out to much stress.
This ludicrous society forces us to let some out side source define our well being. OK I won't rant. Sorry
Second. Thank You. That you acknowledged me as an empath with out me never eluding to it made me cry. I never, ever promote it, but you named it. Thank You.
It is a trait that can be treacherous in a society that values passive aggressive behavior. Perhaps that is why I prefer the company of animals to humans. Not that certain animals are more kind but they are honest in their communication.
People who have alternate motives, "two faced" hate me with a vengeance, some how they know I can read them.
I have accustomed my self to be "nice" to people who I know are vicious or just plain stupid and unaware. It is a survival mechanism.
Chirp How wonderful she is engaged in your online activity, the two of you will create beautiful things together.

We have a full moon tomorrow, perhaps that affects us all, I would really like to understand the science behind it. Hell the moon pulls the tides why not us.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Oh my gosh! Full moon...
I was so wrapped up in life that I forgot!

THAT explains a lot!
Thank you WIS!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In other words, don't crap where you eat.

I never did understand fishing for sport. Call me a weirdo but I just fish for food.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

How are you? How is your "baby"?

I find us so ignorant as humans to discard the influence of the moon. I don't agree with astrology but the moon has an absolute obvious influence on nature. It isn't as far as I can see, metaphysical but, a natural influence. Just some thing to take into consideration, as rain and snow.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Yessss!!!
She is Okay, for now, still the...you know...coming around.
She LOVES ATS although will not join. I suppose it's against 'her' rules...Moms on there so...NO.

I work with a woman who is diagnosed as psychotic. She ebbs and flows with the moon.
She came to us a few years ago and we had all 'heard' stories of that.
None of us had ever experienced/believed it until her.

You truly can log her cycles to the moon. She has calmed a bit as she is older now, much older but, she still cycles...

She is truly a gift. With all of her psychotic and violent tendencies, you really can't help but love her.

Her name is Ruby...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oh my, I'm all behind in here.

When you guys were talking about bows, it reminded me of what happened to my Husband Mark many years ago. He was so intent on getting himself a deer. I knew how much he loved animals and I said, "You'd never kill a beautiful deer!" For months he practiced with his bow. He bought all the gear... bow and arrows, vanilla scent stuff, tree stance, camouflage outfit and whatever he needed. One day in the early hours of morn he said he was sitting up in his tree stance and he looked down and saw this huge buck looking up at him. He said, "Here I am looking down at him and he's looking up at me and when I looked into those eyes...I couldn't do it, I couldn't kill him." He never went deer hunting again. I love that story!

Martin, I think it's cool that your daughter loves the site! That image you posted is just gorgeous!!!!!

Wis, you made me laugh when you said your cats would use your plants as a litter box. Most cats would. I think my Siamese is from a different planet or something. I have a house full of plants and he doesn't touch a single one. He has claws yet doesn't claw anything but his scratching post. He doesn't knock things over from the bureaus or anything. It's like he's too good! LOL I could never have plants with most of my other cats. My rescued Persian who passed away a few years ago was good too, but all the other cats, forget it!

Oooooh, Tom made a story entry. I was saving that to read last. So off I go to read.

edit on 23-3-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 371  372  373    375  376  377 >>

join