It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 321
<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I am disabled but I do clean my own home, so I would pitch in at yours. Can I bring my cat and turtle and fish?

No problemo, we have two dogs and my wife used to work at the Bronx Zoo so she is animal friendly.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: Night Star

It's okay about the cabinet, truly...
I've got my memories...LOL

YOUR Anniversary thread is EPIC...one for the record books!

I hope you know (if you didn't already) how many people truly cherish you and your soul...

YOU are one of a kind lady! One of a kind!

Look Bird, Mason is adopting us and we can play with his antiques and he has a hot tub too. LOL

I know, I am blown away by that thread. It even made the front page! I was like...WOW!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How can you tell an actual antique from a reproduction? I used to know a little about antiques, but there are so many areas to cover.

With the ones I collect it is fairly obvious in the craftsmanship but a dead give away is if you turn it over and see phillips head screws or nails holding the furniture together. Actual antiques from the 1800's used only flathead screws and glue.

Yes, I do remember that much. And things like say a piece of porcelain or china or whatever. Before a certain date they didn't mark pieces saying where they were made. But what was the date?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am disabled but I do clean my own home, so I would pitch in at yours. Can I bring my cat and turtle and fish?

No problemo, we have two dogs and my wife used to work at the Bronx Zoo so she is animal friendly.

Oh good because I forgot to mention my rat. Her name is Mousy.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Decorative glass and porcelain is not my specialty. I focus on furniture, some smalls and decanters.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I know right! That Thread has 94 Flags as of now!! EPIC in Massive proportions!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You also can tell on the wood used to create the chair or what ever you are looking at.

It's is not hard to figure out what is real and what is not.

I have a long line of family initiques's through my family.

I take that as a blessed thing for that.

There will come a time, where those thing will bring great fortune to my family. But for now, we will appreciate them. and yes we will sit on them and like it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Holy Moley Batman! Wow Syx! I'm famous! LOL

Mason, would love to eventually see more pics of your antiques and your house. It must be like heaven in there!

It was Bird who told me it was my ATS Anniversary on my Anniversary. Funny, because I was keeping an eye on the date and when it got here, I was totally oblivious, forgot all about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I found, at a Salvation Army Store, a Mustache Cup! It was made from Triple Plated Silver, from 1800's, I think. It's packed away or I would look at the date. Very cool. I keep an eye out for those cups, and have not seen one in a few years since I stumbled on that one!
I paid under a dollar for it, and it, as of a few years ago, was worth about 300.00 bucks!! I like that!! LOL!!

I had an old Morter and Pestal made of cast iron from one of the John Deere foundries here that I sold on Ebay for 80 bucks!
It had one end of the Pestel broken off, and a crack down the side of the Bowl. I told the buyer all that, and supplied pictures so He knew EXACTLY what He was buying. I don't believe in decieving anyone, in those, or other matters...Plus the guy paid 20 bucks for shipping! Not bad I think for finding what someone thought was junk! LOL!! Love it!!

Syx...

edit on 24-2-2016 by SyxPak because: fixed stuff...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Rain, That is an Amazing Thread, for an Amazing Little Elf!!

Kudos to You forever!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You give me too much credit, my lady.

I just happened to be the first, everyone remembered and would have reminded you!

Hell, it's an ATS HOLIDAY!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

You also can tell on the wood used to create the chair or what ever you are looking at.

It's is not hard to figure out what is real and what is not.

I have a long line of family initiques's through my family.

I take that as a blessed thing for that.

There will come a time, where those thing will bring great fortune to my family. But for now, we will appreciate them. and yes we will sit on them and like it.

Wonderful Kat! Treasure them! I have an antique mirror that is really beautiful with dark wood from my Grandmother and these little china or porcelain pigs in a purse. I myself have collected a few antique purses, velvet and beaded with sterling silver frame and others. I have antique laces and linens and dishware and jewelry and dolls and...can't remember everything. I even have an antique whale tooth. They are illegal to own now, but my Grandmother had it and then my Dad and it came to me. My Mom had some nice antique dishes that I got and some silver or silver plated items from when she was first married. Have some cool things I have either inherited or bought or received as gifts.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Awwww Bird, an ATS Holiday, how sweet! I like that! LOL

Awww, Syx, thanks my mighty winged one! Hell when I first met you, I thought how friggin cool is that, a dragon! Who the hell wouldn't want to stay in a place that has dragons?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Finding a mustache cup at a Salvation army store is a rare find. I'm beginning to think that they and other second hand stores are getting wiser as you rarely find a good antique anymore for cheap. It's like they figured out hey that must be worth something and scoff it up before it gets on the shelves. That or they know it's an antique and charge you plenty for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

When I met You I thought, How cool that I now Know an Elf!! I had seen Your Avatar, and read some of Your posts even before We met. I was always timid about meeting You. I felt like Who am I to even try to get to know this wonderful Person?!

I liked the posts I had seen of Yours, and did wnat to meet You, but was scared.
Now that I know You and have become Friends, and more than that, well You feel Like a Sister to Me now! For that I am forever greatful that We have met, and been on some awesome adventures through The Shed Story!! We have also shared some scary real life situations together, and came out on top, mostly...

Anyway I ramble. (Meds) LOL!!!
Syx...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yep I hear Ya there! I look for old frames sometimes at Sals. Look for the real Old guilded frames, usually with some crappy picture in them. The frames are, well can be worth a small fortune! Just go online and look for 'Antique Picture Frames'. From there You can see what to look for in Old Frames..
Just sayin...
Might be fun for Ya!
edit on 24-2-2016 by SyxPak because: fixed boobs...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Oh I have a large antique frame my Dad had found at a yard sale many years ago. It has the coolest pic in it. Behind the pic was a piece of an 1800's newspaper.

HEY, my Anniversary thread is on the main page! Check it out before it disappears! OMG!

When I first met you, I thought man we have a lot in common, we both love dragons and heavy metal music and have a great sense of humor and both liked writing fantasy. I never realized we would become such close friends. I thought, oh he's at the cool people's table and has a lot of fans, I'm just an Elf wandering around in here. LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You know what we call the salvation army store around here? Sally's Boutique. LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think Mason must be in his hot tub. That or we scared him away. And where's Skid, it's the night shift!

Jacy must still have a headache.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

EDIT: Night, did Ya get My U2u?...

I dunno where everyone is at.
Funny that You mentioned the Cool People's Table Rain.

I felt the same way!! That's a riot!!! LMAO!!!

Ok I have finished My Tale for the writing Contest. It is an older Tale that I wrote during the Time Of Dragons in the Short Story area. I had written one for the contest back then, then this one. I added a great deal to it now for this contest.
It is a re-write of My Tale called, "Dragons on Saturn". I now call it, with all the new additions, "Dragon Godz of Saturn"...

I'll drop in a link to it here, soon as I get it posted in the right Forum...
Later for now.. Syx...

edit on 24-2-2016 by SyxPak because: added some content Silly!! ...

new topics

top topics

<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join