It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 319
<< 316  317  318    320  321  322 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Wow, that looks like an antique mirror and LOVE all your dragons!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Very Nice.

I would feel like a Queen of the lands, to sit in that.

Is it sturdy? Could it handle 130lbs of woman?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Very Nice.

I would feel like a Queen of the lands, to sit in that.

Is it sturdy? Could it handle 130lbs of woman?

It could handle a lot more than that but it was really never meant to be sat it, it is a hall chair which were more decorative in the Victorian Era. Guests always want to sit in it since it is so rare (there is another in the Metropolitan Museum of Art) but the thing is so uncomfortable they never last more than 10 seconds.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

No haven't talked to anyone yet. Just got this mirror recently from My Niece. It was my Sisters, an after She passed away, My Niece took over Her place, and al the stuff in it. I also got a very old, cast Iron Pegasus! It weighs about 18 and a half pounds!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Ok Man. Understandable. That is a very cool Chair! More like a Throne! Very Nice!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I understand. I have two chairs, One a rocking chair and another a similar chair. Not as old.

But yes, folks want to sit on them. But they are not at all comfortable.

You just can not walk by them without looking at them. And wanting to touch them.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Now that is cool. I would make an offer on that.

What is the History on that?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes Night the Mirror is pretty old. Of it's actual age, I have no idea. Haven't taken it anywhere to be appraised, yet... Thanx on The Dragons! That is only a fraction of how many I have. Not even sure of how many , as I haven't counted them ! LOL!!
I did find one I had forgotten about when moving here. It had gotten broken, so I boxed it to be repaired, whenever. It is in three parts, before part of it got broken. The parts mount on a wall and look as if the Dragon is passing in and outta the wall! is very cool! (Maybe I can find a similar one online and will drop in a pic...)...
Syx

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

OH YEA Night. Great entry. Again you have given me goosebumps.

jojopo (a dungeon goblin) Love it!!!!

I must say, I am getting alittle confused. You have alot of characters following you. And with the other's I really have to stay alert.
I am reading and paying attention. I am actually writing things down.

It is going to be huge when they all finally get together. If they all survive???????

I had to laugh at all the characters comment. I sometimes lose track of how many and where they are and what-not. I know it can get confusing. If you'll notice, I often refer to Night as an elf, Sky as the baby dragon. Garren as the woodland boy, Pesky the pixie, Wolf, well he's just a wolf, Hugo I will often point out as a black wildcat with rainbow colored wings. I try to repeat these things often enough for people who are trying to follow along. I should have come up with a name for the purple leopard spotted people. The purple beings and Storm my regular sized dragon friend, I try to repeat who or what they are. Some characters are temporary. Some are just beings or creatures they meet along the way.

If anyone is ever confused or has any questions just let me know.

Glad you liked Jojopo my goblin. I thought he would be a fun and interesting character to throw in with Garren. I felt it would be rather boring just having the woodland boy sit in a cell by himself. I must have sat here for 5 minutes just trying to come up withsome weird name for the goblin. LOL I thought it was weird and funny. How I came up with it I'll never know.

Now get in the story! Go!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

But yes, folks want to sit on them. But they are not at all comfortable.

You just can not walk by them without looking at them. And wanting to touch them.

Yeah, same here. I was thinking of loaning it to the local museum for a short time since it just sits in my library collecting dust.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SyxPak
I asked what collectibles He likes, and He mentioned, Antiques. Furniture, etc., I believe...

I collect mostly Gothic Revival. Like this one:

OMG, I want that chair!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

All I know of This Pegasus is that My Sister bought it years ago from an antique place in Nevada. She had to carry it around all day and was exhausted from that, by the end of the day! LOL!!...

Not even sure if I would sell It Kat, since it was My Sisters and it reminds Me of Her every time I see it...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I have a few more like it that are almost as nice but that is the nicest. If I ever decide to get rid of it I will let you know first.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm still drooling over Mason's chair! That is so me! I love antiques and used to go antique hunting all the time. There is a new antique store that just opened up last week downtown and I am going to make Linda bring us there on our day out or I will stamp my feet and make a scene and cry and scream like annoying bratty child. LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I'm still drooling over Mason's chair!

Here's a couple more for you:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

OH, jeez Syx. If it was your sisters, don't you dare get rid of it. Keep it in the family.

I was just outside spraypainting a basket I am planning to give as a gift basket. I have jst realized I have paint all over my hands. Sorry if mys spelling is off.

Back in a while, gotta get theis paint off. LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Absolutey gorgeous! Antique furniture costs a fortune. Most of mine are reproductions or were handed down to me or sold at a hell of a sale. The workmanship and quality of these items are amazing!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

OH, jeez Syx. If it was your sisters, don't you dare get rid of it. Keep it in the family.

I was just outside spraypainting a basket I am planning to give as a gift basket. I have jst realized I have paint all over my hands. Sorry if mys spelling is off.

Back in a while, gotta get theis paint off. LOL!!!

Ooooh, I love making up gift baskets! What are you putting in it later?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Absolutey gorgeous! Antique furniture costs a fortune. Most of mine are reproductions or were handed down to me or sold at a hell of a sale. The workmanship and quality of these items are amazing!

I tend to go for the higher quality pieces by known cabinet makers since they hold their value. The one with the striped upholstery is part of a pair which I practically stole at $195 for both.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I know Kat. I wil probably keep it in Honor of Chrissy, My lost Sister... She was a horse fanatic, and quite the accomplished artist! My GrandPa, Mom, and Sister were artistic with their hands. Could draw, paint, etc... My GrandPa was a wood working Genius! He worked wonders with any types of Wood! His Trade however was a tool and die Man. He made the dies that made intricate tooling items, etc... Was very good, and missed when He retired from The Rock Island Arsenal here years ago... Yah it was a government entity, but paid the bills! LOL!!
I got the artistic abitilties in My fantasy mind I guess... Always in Lah Lah land so... LMAO!!!
edit on 24-2-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 316  317  318    320  321  322 >>

join