It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 220
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thanks Gordi, got them bookmarked for later!

In best Arnold voice, "I'll be back."

jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hello Martin, Jacy, Timely and Gordi!

Awwww, Gordi, you and Chrissie have my sympathies. He sounds like he was quite a character and much loved.
Wishing him a good journey to his wondrous new destination.

Anyone ever catch yourself in the mirror when you first wake up, wild hair and eyes barely open like some kind of zombie as you make your first cup of coffee? Just started on my second cup. Went to bed with hair combs that pull the sides of my hair up and out of my face. Had one hair comb still in but hairs all sticking up and out of it and the other side down wild and free. LOL

Left my cans of tomato soup in my friend's car yesterday and I'm supposed to make stuffed peppers and needed the soup, so she is supposed to drop them off here later. I'm not even dressed yet. More coffee...more coffee..

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello Martin, Jacy, Timely and Gordi!

Anyone ever catch yourself in the mirror when you first wake up, wild hair and eyes barely open like some kind of zombie as you make your first cup of coffee? Just started on my second cup.

Yup! I keep a night-light on in the bathroom, so I don't have to see myself in the bright light, lol!

My internet is 'blipping' on and off, or freezing. (I'm not being rude, if I disappear)

I will see your second cup of coffee, and raise you a second pot!

jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Better hurry back, I already started on that pot of coffee you made! Oh man, I'd better get dressed. Didn't realize the time.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hi gang!
Gordy please give Chrissy a Dragon HUG from Me? I am So Sorry for Her and all of Your loss!

I am also sorry to add any negativity to all that has been going on in Shedland but, I will be going under the Knife again. Third time is the charm they say so I hope it holds true for Me and there will be no more problems with My left wing elbow. It is currently swollen again as the infection has not fully gone away.
This will either cure or kill Me. Either way I'm ok with... Well no I don't really want to end all My woes over this but am tired of all the pains etc...

Will be at Trinity West hospital in Rock Island Illinois this Friday and prob through the weekend so most likely won't be in The Shed...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Hi folks,
Thanks Jacy, and thanks for your lovely message via FB too! [[[[[[[[[[Jane]]]]]]]]]]

My father in law passed away last night, but I couldn't word it any better than my lovely (first) wife! Chrissie...
So here is a copy of her announcement earlier (from FB):

We just wanted to let you know that our lovely stubborn, obstinate and cheeky 90 year old dad Duncan (JRD Campbell) passed away in the early hours of this morning. He was extremely well looked after (as he had been all his life!!) by all in the nursing home, and had an extremely comfortable and peaceful passing. Dad had a great life and strong character, an extremely hardworking, well looked after and lucky man until the end

Chrissie is bearing up really well, her dad had a good innings and it was just "his time", the circle of life and all that.
I'll raise a glass to him tonight (he introduced me to many a good Malt Whisky!) and wish him well on his journey to the next chapter in his story!

Thanks again to all the well wishers.
The shed is indeed taking some hits, but we also have some lovely new family members to celebrate too!
I will be thinking of you all, when I raise my dram glass tonight.

Gx

Hi Gordi,

Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed.
May the love of family and friends comfort Chrissie and you during these difficult days.

It's always nice to hear when someone says about a person passing, that they lived a full and happy life.

Crappiekat

To add. You have a beautiful family.

edit on 27-1-2016 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Syx you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope everything goes well with your procedure.

Now don't be making trouble for all the staff. Be a good boy and take your medicine.

If your are, a good boy, maybe CC will let you go ice fishing with me and my friends.

Best ice auger I ever owned.

edit on 27-1-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ahh Mate, your Duncan must have been a grand man indeed if he introduced you to the life giving wells of whiskey.

I will raise my glass with you as we travel down the trail.
Good memories remain in our hearts and the tales we tell to keep them alive.
Hugs WIS

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

I'll raise a glass to him tonight (he introduced me to many a good Malt Whisky!) and wish him well on his journey to the next chapter in his story!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

In best Arnold voice, "I'll be back."

Dear Jacy I will do my best to erase the image you just created in my mind.
I almost dropped my tea and am still laughing.

Don't worry about the shower thing. In very cold places washing is a hazardous endeavor and I believe at some point in our history it was considered contradictory to civilized behavior and could cause serious illness.
Maidens refrained from washing to enhance their appeal.
Are you sleeping yet?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

No sweetie, but up until a couple of hours ago...I was pretty damn appealing!!! hahahaha.....

I remember staying with my grandparents in Rotherham, England when I was 9...my parents decided to move back. We were allowed to fill the bath once a week, and my dad used it...then my mom...then me. By my turn, it was cold.
The house was cold, no central heating. So cold it hurt.
Perhaps it's in my heritage to be grubby at times?

How are you tonight?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Will be at Trinity West hospital in Rock Island Illinois this Friday and prob through the weekend so most likely won't be in The Shed...

HeHe I guess we will all have to be in Rick Island then.
Scenario Front desk. Thirty rag tag jet lagged travelers with bags of gold and jewels. A little Elven maiden with a giant wolf at her side approaches the receptionist who doesn't have a clue since she is checking her FB.
"Excuse me Mam"
"Ahaha" still with her face in the screen.
"Mam, could you please..."
"Just a minute" Hand up.
Finally she looks up "How can I help you" Her carefully staged fake smile turns into a disgusted frown when she sees the wolf. "Dogs aren't allowed"
"This is a wolf Mam and could you just tell us where the Dragon is. We are his friends and would like to...."
The receptionist has fainted and they all follow the wolf who has picked up the all to familiar trail.

Hay Syx would you prefer chocolate and flowers?
I do pray your surgery goes well. Hugs.

edit on 27-1-2016 by WalkInSilence because: For crying out loud

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I remember staying with my grandparents in Rotherham, England when I was 9...my parents decided to move back. We were allowed to fill the bath once a week, and my dad used it...then my mom...then me. By my turn, it was cold.
The house was cold, no central heating. So cold it hurt.

Oh dear that sounds like something out of one of those novels that have you crying on every page. You poor little thing, they should have let you bathe first and tucked you in bed with a lovely story. Hugs
So you are British?

How are you tonight?

Why thank you for asking. I think I am good. Still getting used to not being my normal self after a bout of illness some months ago. But it was so beautiful today and I try to take one day at a time though I am terribly impatient with my self.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Dear Crappie, I think I told you before that those poor girls are suffering, at least they are wearing boots. Give them a drink.
What Auger? Where?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
The "Witch and the Wardrobe" I have the whole series and read it about once a year as I do Tolkien. I to was/am a book worm. Do you have MS?
It is at times difficult to figure out what is going on. Sorry.
What is this talk of the Shed "Under Attack" missed that too?

Yes the wee thing passed and in another post you alluded to the deer. I have a tale about a wounded deer.
Traveling one night on a dark road the car in front of us swerved and a creature appeared in front of us sprawled on the road, we barely missed it and I screamed "Stop" I ran back and what turned out to be a deer was pulling itself towards the ditch, its hind legs paralyzed.

He backed the car up so we had light, came out and just stood there like an idiot, "What are you doing?" He asked and threw up. I have zero patients with stupid people so as I held the poor thing I barked at him to call Emergency and tell them exactly what was going on.

Then every thing became a haze for me all I remember is holding the deer and singing a soft tune stroking it with firm hands. It laid its head down on my lap, its heart calmed down and it spread its front legs.
It just laid in my lap so content. A car pulled up and I growled at them to stay away.

When the rescue guy came, he was very kind and knew by the description of her injuries that she had to be put down, so he asked me to move.

I couldn't. She was so trusting so calm, she smelled like woods and leaves and the wild wind. I couldn't, I kissed her head I looked into those big brown deep eyes.
The warden gave me time and I did move away.
I think I gave her a little comfort, and if we had just left her she would have been torn to pieces alive by predators or died a slow death.
Jeez I haven't thought of that in years.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Kat thanx for the well wishes. I appreciate that.
And yah I will behave myself. I will be at their mercy so have to be good to be treated right by them...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

LMAO WIS!!! That's a funny cool scenario of a hospital visit!! LMFAO!!!!

No flowers or chocolate. The well wishes from You and the Others are best!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Awwww Syx, you poor thing! I'd buy you a dragon balloon to cheer you up, but you live too far away. Good luck! You'll be flying around in no time!

OMG Wis, you had me cracking up one minute with the funny scenario of the elf and wolf and all that at the hospital, then almost in tears with the heartwarming yet sad story about the deer that had to be put down. Kinda like being on a roller coaster.

You poor little thing Jacy! You should have been bathed first as a child!

Kat, put some clothes on those women! I'm cold just looking at them. BRRRR!

Had such a fun time tonight! We were all so funny and laughing all night. My Sister knocked her wine glass off the table and broke the glass. LOL! Then when she was talking with a lot of hand motion, I moved her glass of water out of the way...ya know, just in case. Her best friend and best friend's daughter are awesome and so is my Niece (Nephew's wife) and of course my beloved Sister. It felt good to get out of the house with such a great group of people. The bill was sooo high but my Sister insisted as always for paying for me and my Niece and her friend paid for herself and her daughter.

It was a fancy little restaurant and my Sister and her Husband gave quite a bit of money to the owner to keep it afloat when they first opened the place. Now the place is doing so well they are expanding. My Sister and her Husband get to get to eat for free when they go. I don't know if they own shares in the restaurant or what, but anyway, pretty cool!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

WIS, I'm sorry! My internet crashed last night, and I just gave up.
Your story of the hospital visit is hilarious!

Sorry my bathing story made you sad! My parents were British, I was born in Toronto Canada. They moved back to England when I was 9, but there were no jobs and no housing so 4 months later we returned to Canada.
Bathe me first? *snorts*
I used to lay in my little bed shivering at night....only to find out later that my parents had an electric blanket for themselves! (at my grandparent's place)

Your wounded deer story is heart-wrenching. We are kindred, I would have done the same thing.

Night Star...I am SO glad you had a fun day out! Good grief you deserve that!

Mom-in-law woke us at 1:30 this morning, and I've been up ever since. This is getting to be routine now. I find myself listening to songs like "I Wanna Be Sedated" during the day, lol.
So I'm off to make my second pot of coffee, and shall be lurking/drooling in a corner somewhere.

Much love to all,
jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Gordi – Thanks for the links. I remember you putting some of these up before. He seems like an amazing man. My thoughts and sympathies are with you all.

a reply to: SyxPak
Mike honey I am so sorry that wing is still giving you issues. I hope that they can get you back in ship shape. You have been fighting this battle for some time now. We are all here cheering you on. And as WIS has pointed out, it might not be good for us to show up…..so know that we are all with you in spirit. Although the picture she painted was priceless.

Those ladies freeze me to death. BUT if I could pull off a bikini like that…..I would rock it daily!!!

I have read the other books but that one if my favorite. I still reread it. Paul laughs because I still cry when I read that Aslan dies, even though I know how that ends. LOL

The Shed under attack was in reference to all of the members that are having problems. Just seems like we are really getting attacked by real life.
I am being tested for MS. I have my test next Tuesday. I am so nervous but hope that it finally can give me some answers.
Your deer story broke my heart. You have such a sweet and kind soul. I am sure that you were able to bring some comfort to him before he was put down. I believe it is the little gifts that we give to one another that makes the world shine!
a reply to: Night Star
It sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! Are you Italian? I just ask because of your sisters hands. I’m not (my stepdad is full so I claim it rubbed off). If I sit on my hands I can’t talk. HAHAHA
a reply to: jacygirl
Sorry you got your nightly wake up call. That really makes things hard. Is she getting her days and nights mixed up? I hope you get some rest sweetie.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Knocks on door....... Looks through window...... Shouts hello ....... Been a long time since I knocked on this door. Hope everyone's doing well

new topics

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join