It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 3

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:44 AM
a reply to: TheDoctor46

What's up Doc? You must have pre-dated me here
but I wanted to jump out and shout a BIG hello at ya!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:50 AM

originally posted by: TheDoctor46
Knocks on door....... Looks through window...... Shouts hello ....... Been a long time since I knocked on this door. Hope everyone's doing well

Doc!!!!! Hey pretty boy!!!

Nobody's around here much during the day anymore.

It figures that after hanging out for hours, I pop out and you pop in.

Come back later, if you can. The others would be so happy to see you!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:53 AM
a reply to: jacygirl

I used to get calls like that, but it was because of an emergency and one parent needing a rescue and a trip to the hospital. Then had to get up really early for work the next day. So why did she wake you up? I know it's tough for you having to be the care giver. It can burn you out. Take time to rest and care for yourself Honey!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
a reply to: Martin75

No, we're not Italian, but I talk with my hands too. LOL We are French and Irish with some Native Indian ancestry from here and Canada. Direct descendants of King Charlemagne, but poor buggers. LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM

Well hello there and welcome back! How have you been??? There is food and drinks in the kitchen, make yourself at home!

Hello to everyone out there! Hope you are all having a good day!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
a reply to: Night Star

Night!! Hi sweetie!!

Ohhh...she calls because she has no memory and can't stay present.
She rants at her son in Portuguese for "not being home".
Doesn't know if it's day or night.
Hides things and blames "the kids".
Freaked out one night because she "heard we broke up".

He is the closest to her, the one who took on the responsibility of "being there" for Mama, when her eldest son of 4, died (age 14), and then her husband shortly thereafter (brain tumour). She has remained in 'victim mode' for 40 years unfortunately. My hubby, is 'guilted' a lot and feels the most stress watching her unravel.

So, by the time he calms down, and I calm's past the point of trying to sleep, and ON goes the coffee pot.

Every day, sometimes twice a day for 6 years I have been looking after her.
Every day, she tells me the same stories over and over. I know them all...names...places.
I love her, I truly do...but I know I'm burned out. We both are.

We're doing double-duty (morning & lunch) because the others are in Cuba this week. I'm trying not to be bitter, lol.
Thankful for a sense of humour though, I really am. Can still laugh, so I'll likely survive.

Ugh. You should never have told me to unload. Also, thank you for telling me to unload.

jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM

Sorry, had to color my hair and do a few things earlier. I'm glad you let it all out, much better than keeping things inside. If we lived closer, I could help you out a bit and we could have coffee and laugh together. Clinks cups from across the pond.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:17 PM

Which pond? What's in that teacup??
Other Jane is "across the pond" and me are only separated by an imaginary line.
(and people with flak vests and guns, lol)

I wish we were closer too.

P.S. Whoomp, there it is! The 3rd one...the 3rd death. Hubby just got a text, a long time friend passed away last night.
(The young mum's funeral is Saturday) Oh good grief.

edit on 28-1-2016 by jacygirl because: 3's

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:31 PM

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your friend! And a young Mom. How sad.

Meds making me tired, going to go watch some t.v for a while if I don't fall asleep. Hope to see you later sometime my friend! HUGS!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
[[[HUGS]]] Oh Jacy I know this is what you were afraid you would find, #3. I am so sorry, and another mother? Oh how awful. I am so very sorry.

Night - Sweet dreams, have a nice nap.

I will be back this evening.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:00 PM

Hey Marty!! *hugs* Thank you!!

Yes, damn those 3's. Two funerals to attend.
People (celebrities too) seem to be disappearing in droves's just sad.

How are things with you? Enough of my glum-bum stuff...what have you been up to?

jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM

Hello Martin. Thanks for the warm welcome
Yes im a bit of an old one lol..(Not as old as some of them though) Lol

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM

Hi Jacy...Nice to see you again pretty girl!
...Oh so they are all night hawks here now. Asleep during the afternoon? They all moved to Spain or something lol

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM

Awww thanks for the welcome Night Star. Oh you cant leave me alone in a kitchen...There will be nothing left. Like man verses food that!...Im great thanks, Hope you are. Nice to see you again

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:04 PM
OK guys. Home getting ready for another storm. This one shouldn't be much total snow accumulation (1-3 inches) but it is supposed to hit right when I'm driving to work. I'm good, my little Subaru goes like a tank. It's all the crazy yahoos who don't have a clue how to drive. LOL

OK, so you know that I have acquired a light obsession since Christmas (I really need to post some pictures). My downstairs family room now looks like a full blown disco. I found these awesome lightbulbs. They are LED and throw a kaleidoscope design in different colors that spins around. I have 4! It is awesome.

So today I had to take one to work to give to a friend but first I hooked it up in my office. I didn't say a word, just turned off the overhead light and put that one in my lamp. It was funny as hell. People kept walking by and then would come back. LOL I'm pretty sure I will be drug tested tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:20 PM

Hi Doc,

Help yourself, the pixies and faries love to cook. Tonight they made a" Chicago Pot Roast Beef Sand"

May I suggest a nice cold gourmet Root Beer. I believe made in the Great Dairy State.

Hope your warm and compfy. Have a good Night

edit on 28-1-2016 by crappiekat because: SP OK???

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM

OK Martin,

Waiting to see some pics.

Would they really drug test you? Is it something they do like once a year, or just if you like Pretty lights. LOL!!!

I really would like to know.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:59 PM
Jeez so much to catch up on it's like a six lane highway in here, I'll just stay in the middle.
Hello Doc nice to meet you. I will have to dig in the archives. I am a novice.
Jacy Ahh you have to deal with Alzheimer's? It is so hard. I do have a knack for it though, it never bothers me to repeat the same thing a hundred times or play along with being "another person". The aggression can be a little hard to handle. I don't know if you experience that?
A couple years ago I heard this heart warming documentary on NPR of an Alzheimer's unit. They wished to provide care that respected the individual but the poor things kept running off or going into tantrums because the staff tried to explain to the residents that they were wrong.
So they incorporated a new approach, they agreed with them, didn't contradict them to avoid anger, they even went so far as to create a bus stop in front of the ward so the ones who wanted to go "home" could sit and wait for a bus. A nurse would follow them out, they would sit for a few minutes and the resident would forget why they were there and ask to "go home" and the nurse could take them back in.
Their use of pharmaceuticals was reduces drastically as was physical restraint. I loved that approach.
Please find space for you other wise you will break down. And do keep complaining/sharing.
Martin Aha now I understand the "under attack" thing.
I do hope your test comes out negative, but....Oh I don't know what to say. Hugs
Disco? I assume you don't get light induced seizures? Do you dance disco? I vaguely recall that from when I was very young.
Ah yes I too cry when Aslan is on the Alter.
Night what a back ground!!!

Here is the Charlemagne Castle, it seems to be up for sale.
Could we buy it and all live happily ever after.
Kittie Where is our food? I am hungry.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
a reply to: crappiekat

This is the light bulb

This is just from one lightbulb. I wish I could post a video so you could see it in motion. LOL
*Can you tell we like NASCAR? LOL

Edit to add: Sorry forgot:: Yes, they will drug test me. It is supposed to be random. But the Monday after my birthday party, I was tested. The Monday after our Aniv. trip, I was tested. Random my A$$. I am waiting for the cup... it's coming.
edit on 1/28/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:04 PM
a reply to: crappiekat
I missed this post.
While I am begging for food you were posting. Ok that is just too delicious.

Stay safe in the storm we are supposed to get dear.

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>