It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 3

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:26 PM
Hi Family!

I just found out via facebook, that a young mum I know (31) died (heart?) just before starting work yesterday, leaving a husband and 3 small children behind.

That's just so hard to process.

I have been keeping my brain on acronyms, and just got mouthy defending the poor damn refugees coming into Canada.

If I feel energetic enough, I will grab a shower. Most likely I will be here.

Love y'all,
jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:42 PM
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi jacy,

What are you up to on this fine day?

Today is cleaning day for me. Man, the people who live in this house can really be sloppy. LOL!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:44 PM
a reply to: crappiekat

Hey crappie!

I'm sitting here, with dirty hair...eating my feelings, and letting off steam in a couple of other threads.
Can't be bothered to shower, and I found more is what it is.

How are you??

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM

Aahhhh, the mini donut caper. LOL!!!

Just got done washing the floors, and I am sitting back drinking a hot chocolate. No marshmellow's

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM

Yes, lol. Finally got some groceries and practically ran down the aisle to the donuts!

I have no marshmallows though.

Drinking herbal tea, trying to be all zen...then losing my sh*t over people bitching about the refugees. I found a release for my pressure.
It's weird, because nobody has 'attacked' me yet.

Like the's coming...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:59 PM

It's funny, when you correspond with folks on line, sometimes I have found I can sense not to mess with them. LOL!!!

And NO I am not psychic.

Oh well, I will just do without.

edit on 26-1-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

It has been snowing all day here. It just started tapering off about 45 minutes ago.
edit on 26-1-2016 by crappiekat because: to add. Getting forgetful

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
So sorry to hear your Father-in-law is worse, I hope Chrissie is holding up, it is hard to let go and have the courage to be present when it is their time. We want them to live forever.
Tis odd when we are young they can't be far enough away, but as we get older they become so dear.

Hugs and prayers of comfort.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
Hello Hello.
Chirp passed away last night. I feel terribly guilty but then again it couldn't fly so a squirrel would have got it or something. (Yes, Squirrels will snag a bird)
I finally found the local rehab number, which is good because when I got down here today there was another calamity.

So I feed the deer a little cracked corn on the "porch" it's just concrete in front of a floor to ceiling bay window.
They have become to me sitting with my laptop by the window. they look at me and twitch their ears without doing the nervous tail thing.
There is this doe I call Black Spot, due to a big black spot on the inside of her hind leg, she has been hanging around with two adorable fawns since June. I have watched them grow into lovely plump teen-agers. They come with her to eat.
Today they seemed timid and one of the fawns was missing. Then I noticed the youngster limping, cautiously wading through the now deep snow on the lawn onto the road. The doe waited for him walking slowly looking over her shoulder.
Once on the road I could clearly see his hind leg (only 60 yards away), the lower half hang loose he couldn't step on it.
I wonder if its sibling was killed and he was just hit?

Lots of snow to shovel this morning, well actually way into the after noon. Pooped.

Last night, I heard my first ever Wolf howl, I was so excited I started crying and when my love came home I dragged him out to the Wildlife area to listen. We heard some coyote, they sing beautifully, and it was a treacherous drive in a white out. But it was worth it.
The only Wolf I have seen was on the Keweenaw Peninsula in Michigan. A grand site.

Jacy I love those days when I just don't care. Who's gonna call in the "Bad hair day" police? It's my time. It actually energizes me.
Good for you are speaking up for the refugees. We feel so entitled in our cozy little world.
Crappie The PJ Party was great. I am hungry again. Hope you didn't get too much snow to shovel. Or perhaps Kitties don't shovel snow?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:21 PM

originally posted by: crappiekat

Wis, If your in the mood, could you tell us a stories about your Mercant Marine days?

So I've been thinking (yes) the past couple of days, that it would be terribly selfish of me to take up space just to tell tales about my self, and they would be old tales. I would love to, but they are hardly relevant and would seem boring and not in line with the thread.
Just Thinking.
I don't want to intrude. But yes our lives are past and present.

In "real life" in the work place people zone out, because they want you to assimilate and be like them. Well I can't and I love diversity, so I just don't talk. Perhaps I just don't want people to "zone out" on me.
Jeez I talk too much.

Am I all alone in here?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:22 PM
Sorry I missed you girls earlier!

Jacy, that is so sad that the young Mother lost her life.
May she RIP with the Angels above.
The one thing I don't understand about refugees, is how any Country can help foreigners yet ignore their own. Many people fall through the cracks in the U.S. because they make a buck or two above the poverty level and get no help. We have tent cities everywhere, people living in the woods and on the streets, even in the colder areas. Makes me wonder how they feel. I mean, they are human beings as well. We also have people living in neighborhoods that are so dangerous that people fear for their life. Shootings and stabbings all the time and what-not. It's just such a mess.
But that's for another thread.

Wis, you can tell your stories. We'll listen.

Kat, that was a great vid! Yes, many are going through so many things right now. My heart goes out to everyone.

Blue fish died today, my beautiful betta.

Wis, Sorry to hear about Chirp. It's difficult saving a bird's life. I had a couple make it, but I cried when the others didn't. I'm a big softie when it comes to animals. RIP Chirp and Blue Fish. Fly and swim in your new beautiful realm.

Well, there didn't seem to be that much snow out there today, but I hear we might be getting more this week.

Baby Brent, my great Nephew will be turning one in two or three days.

Tomorrow night I get to go out with my Sister and her Daughter-In Law and my Sister's best friend who is one of the most amazing people I have ever known and her Daughter. Can't wait! It helps me when I get out. I had a good today and I know I will tomorrow. Gives me something to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:29 AM
Good morning Family!

WIS...I'm so sorry to hear about Chirp.

You tried hunny. *hug*
Also sorry about the injured fawn. When I lived out in the country I was always terrified of hitting a deer! (came close) I just would NOT have been able to deal with injuring a poor sweet creature.

Also, it would NOT be selfish of you to tell us stories. I mean, that's what we do here...we tell stories. Some are true, some are fantasy. I would also love to read whatever you're willing to share!!!

Night Star...I'm sorry about Blue fish. We have an old Jack Dempsey, he was once so big and he looks like a shrivelled up little old man. We lost his partner a couple of years ago, and I cried for his loss.

As for the refugees/immigrants in's not their fault that our government doesn't care about anybody who's poor here, but they really don't.
I always considered myself middle-class, now I'm poor. Trust me, 'the system' has failed me too...but I don't blame all the other "little people" for that.

Everybody Else: Hi!! I love you all! Need more coffee.

jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:02 AM
I just went on facebook, and saw that Chrissie's dad passed away.

Gordi is likely busy, so I thought I would let you all know.

Sending lots of love to Gordi, Chrissie and the boys.

jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:22 AM
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Don’t be silly, we would LOVE to hear your tales. We can have a Shed Story Circle
I used to love to go to the library when I was little and listen to the stories. I was probably the only 2nd grader carrying around a novel. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe sucked me in and hasn’t released me to this day! [[[HUGS]]] I am so sorry about Chirp. You shared your love with him, a priceless selfless gift.

a reply to: Night Star
Ah honey I’m sorry about your beautiful BlueFish. I am glad that you got to enjoy the day and hope that today turns out great also. We had a bunch of black ice this morning where all the snow is melting and refreezing so be careful out and about today.

*Hands a big cup of coffee to Jacy* Good morning! I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. How heart is breaking. I ache for her family. Thank you for sharing the news about Gordi’s FIL. That is so very sad. I think the middle class is slowly disappearing. Top or bottom but the middle grounds are being eaten up. We will all be poor.

Gordi – I am so sorry. We are here thinking of you and Chrissie.

Man real life needs to chill the hell out! It seems like The Shed is getting hit from every possible angle! I wish there was some way to spread the magic around and end all this madness!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:31 AM
a reply to: Martin75

Good morning hunny, and thanks for the coffee!!

Yup, two mornings in a row I've learned of a death of facebook. I don't think I will go on for a while. ( stuff happens in 3's right?)

We have (Shed-family) been taking some hits, but we're still here. Likely why we started referring to ourselves as "Rainbow Warriors" a while back.
We will keep loving, keep telling stories...and keep going. That's what we do.

Us poor folks, might not have cents...but we have sense, lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:41 AM
Hi folks,
Thanks Jacy, and thanks for your lovely message via FB too! [[[[[[[[[[Jane]]]]]]]]]]

My father in law passed away last night, but I couldn't word it any better than my lovely (first) wife! Chrissie...
So here is a copy of her announcement earlier (from FB):

We just wanted to let you know that our lovely stubborn, obstinate and cheeky 90 year old dad Duncan (JRD Campbell) passed away in the early hours of this morning. He was extremely well looked after (as he had been all his life!!) by all in the nursing home, and had an extremely comfortable and peaceful passing. Dad had a great life and strong character, an extremely hardworking, well looked after and lucky man until the end

Chrissie is bearing up really well, her dad had a good innings and it was just "his time", the circle of life and all that.
I'll raise a glass to him tonight (he introduced me to many a good Malt Whisky!) and wish him well on his journey to the next chapter in his story!

Thanks again to all the well wishers.
The shed is indeed taking some hits, but we also have some lovely new family members to celebrate too!
I will be thinking of you all, when I raise my dram glass tonight.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:51 AM

My sympathies mate ...
Tough times for the Family; although it sounds like a life worthy of celebration.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:55 AM

Gordi! *a very squishy hug*

Even though a person had a long & happy life...there is still sadness and loss.

Tonight I will have a rare drink, and toast Chrissie's dad and the young mum I knew.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:02 AM
a reply to: Timely

Cheers bro! He was quite a character!

Yeah, thanks hunny - I don't know if you'll remember, but Chrissie's dad was the guy who wrote the book(s) about his great grandad (Robert Campbell of the Yukon) opening up Canadas trade routes for the Hudson bay Co!
A really knowledgeable and entertaining old codger! He will leave a big gap to fill.

edit on 27-1-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: grammar, spelling and i am an idiot

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM

I didn't remember that Gordi! I will google later and do some research!
I had forgotten that he was a writer. (old writers never die, do they? their words live on!)

I really need to get off here and get in the shower! (omg jacy!!!)
Hubby just hugged me and I said, "Be like Clinton...don't inhale!!"

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:23 AM

originally posted by: jacygirl

I didn't remember that Gordi! I will google later and do some research!
I had forgotten that he was a writer. (old writers never die, do they? their words live on!)

I really need to get off here and get in the shower! (omg jacy!!!)
Hubby just hugged me and I said, "Be like Clinton...don't inhale!!"

Here are some links to get you started!
Newspaper Article about JRD Campbell from EveningTimes
From article on Canadian Biography
From Wiki
From ABC Bookworld

As far as I know, his own books about his relatives and family histories were just published locally and are not available for sale to the general public.

kindest regards,

new topics

top topics

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>