It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five different stores make sudden announcement, claiming “plumbing” issues

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

From that pic one could be forgiven for coming to conclusion lack of customers was the stores reason for closing,from a glance at the large and empty looking spaces with so few people around...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: midlandghost
a reply to: Flux8

The Walmart here in Midland is contracted out to a local plumber who serves a lot of big businesses in west Texas. He has a contract with them so they were supposed to call him first for their plumbing issues. Like I said in my last post he just recently did a check on the plumbing and his results showed no issues. He said it doesn't take 6 months to fix the plumbing. He also said he could replace the whole thing in 2 months. 4 weeks to take it apart and 5 weeks to replace and repair any damage to the flooring/walls

Go put some plumber's overalls on so you look like a plumber's mate, go get your plumber friend and take his work van to the Walmart store and tell them you are there to take care of the 'plumbing problem' they have, as per your contract.

Then come back and tell us what happened.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'd say Walmart are doing it due to the union issue, cause fear in the rest of its workforce.

The idea that they are closed due to being used as fed food storage areas doesn't fit. Why pick a store and not a food distribution centre that supplies many stores, usually well away from populated areas, with more food supplies and better infrastructure around them for access? Has any weird activity been noticed there?
Sure there will be disruption of supply to many walmart stores but im sure they wouldn't just use 5 or so stores as an excerise for an event where they need to take over the food supply.

As for watching and learning what the general public do, that doesn't fit well either as they will just go elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Sounds like they're pulling a small scale Future Shop shut down.

I believe it was at the end of March or early this month when all Future Shops in Canada (not sure about the US) closed their doors over night and employees found out like everyone else, through the morning news/arriving to locked doors. I think only a handful have been renovated into Best Buy's.

I just want to add, this is neither new or surprising to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
That's just odd not even in the same state but all the same reason. I know they are kind of cookie cutter but if it was a flaw like that you would think there would be more problems already. I've had a couple of my local Walmarts under construction one for almost a year. They never shut down the store they just blocked off that side of it. This was not the only Walmart in the area so there was no real need to keep the other open while work was being done. But they did it anyways.

Plus that's a long work time you would think someone would note a problem that needed this much time to fix. But since the employees don't know and where not give warning smells like something else is up. How we can get some kind of info on what is going on.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

ETA: The most important info is on BeforeItIsNews, but T&C violation to include a link. Kate Hanson is author to locate their.

Correction: Lisa Haven is author of articles. She is YT too.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Whoever said that maybe walmart is giving us a hey look at this... maybe. Do they really think people wouldn't be alarmed at this? Even my nonconspiracy friends are taking a look.

Flood social media with that map of the closing stores and a short summary to get their attention.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Wow I live in Brandon, there are 3 walmarts within a 5 mile radius here. I wonder which one..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Lets look at this logically, shall we?

There could be several reasons for this, and each is more plausible than some "black op" or "false flag" requiring months of advanced notice.

1. Corporations like this make contractual agreements with suppliers. It's likely that the same company will be conducting work in all of these locations. They might be needed to repair something they didn't do properly at each of these locations when they were built. If you have one company in to do all the plumbing in all of your stores nationwide, and it turns out that all the piping they used was sub-standard and likely to fail, and then cause massive heath and safety concerns (along with economic losses and potential fines from the state too), you would shut down those affected sites and make sure you fixed the problem, right?

2. New health and safety legislation or new standards on equipment and plumbing etc might now be in force, or planned to be in force, making the company comply immediately. No one seems to have checked if there is anything now affecting these companies legally which would require them to close and refit. Could this have something to do with water management?

3. The company might be in financial difficulties and have chosen to close down several stores in less profitable areas, but choose not to openly announce that as it might scare other employees and those with financial interests. The financial damage to the company would probably be considerable if they were to announce publicly that they are scaling back their operations.

4. This could be an easy way to weed out the "undesirables", the "troublemakers". Close the stores down systematically and lay everyone off, then hire back under new criteria after a certain legally required period has elapsed. Perhaps there is a legal loophole in these areas allowing them to lay people off for a certain period of time before having to hire them back again, as opposed to hiring new staff. Someone should really look into whether this is an attempt to just get rid of everyone, wait for the minimum time, then start hiring fresh again allowing them to refuse to rehire people they deem to be troublemakers.

Think about it guys, these people are driven by profit. This is most likely to do with saving money, making money, or a plan to mitigate losses in one way or another. There is most likely a legal loophole involved, which is why it's impacting certain areas. These corporations spend billions on legal loopholes, lobbying, weaseling their way out of their responsibilities and requirements.

If this were planning for some "black op" of "false flag" then don't you all think it would be a little too obvious? If all of these places shut down, and then open again, and then something happens at these locations, don't you think someone will make the clear and obvious connection? Why would they need to shut all of these places down for so long, when anything you guys can imagine could be done daily over that same period of time without affecting the operation of the store - and that would be the goal for any insidious group wanting to keep things secret, right?

Think logically people. There is a conspiracy here, but it's a corporate greed conspiracy rather than a false flag conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

The Walmart here in Midland is contracted out to a local plumber who serves a lot of big businesses in west Texas. He has a contract with them so they were supposed to call him first for their plumbing issues. Like I said in my last post he just recently did a check on the plumbing and his results showed no issues. He said it doesn't take 6 months to fix the plumbing. He also said he could replace the whole thing in 2 months. 4 weeks to take it apart and 5 weeks to replace and repair any damage to the flooring/walls

Go put some plumber's overalls on so you look like a plumber's mate, go get your plumber friend and take his work van to the Walmart store and tell them you are there to take care of the 'plumbing problem' they have, as per your contract.

They would probably ask for ID, and then wonder why this person doesn't have any ID to work with the company Walmart has chosen for all this contractual work. You think it's easier to get access to a closed corporate property than a private party at a club? If the average doorman can use a list of approved arrivals don't you think a corporation like Walmart would have at least that?

Even if they did get in, security would probably have no more of a clue about the problem than you or me. A corporation like this doesn't hold little meetings to inform security of everything that's going on. They would have a remit of those coming, when they are coming, and the company they work for. The arriving contractor would be expected to know why they are there and what they need to do.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Alex knows he is under close scrutiny. He rarely presents something that is not true. My problem with Alex, and the reason I stopped listening to his show, is not what he said, it was how he said it.

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that anyone can type that with a straight face.
I have yet to see one AJ story that has EVER actually happened.

I remember the time he was preaching about the FEMA camps, and how all those "coffins" were stacked up waiting for bodies - never happened.
I remember when he claimed that a routine domestic security exercise in a city was preparation for a false flag and the coming Martial Law too, again the exercise went without a hitch, most people didn't even notice it, and nothing ever happened.
I remember plenty of examples of his bombastic nonsense, usually around Martial Law and the planned collapse of civil society, and guess what, never happened!

AJ is just a man who worked out how to cash-in on the most gullible people. He knows that everything he says is bs, and he knows that there will always be people willing to buy his product.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Indigent

From that pic one could be forgiven for coming to conclusion lack of customers was the stores reason for closing,from a glance at the large and empty looking spaces with so few people around...

This is the most plausible explanation. Companies shut down or scale back all the time, and if it's a gradual decline they start off by shuttering their less profitable locations. With the numerous locations they have, they could be using this as a test area to see what the response is, rather than roll out closures across the country and potentially destroy their entire company in the process.

It's no secret that Walmart is always going to be in a precarious position as a corporation with the number of stores it has across the country. That's a hell of a lot of infrastructure to maintain, and if the corporation collapses it's likely to take a massive number of other businesses with it too. There are a lot of US companies that rely on corporations like Walmart for their existence. If this corporation collapsed in a week there would likely be thousands of other smaller companies sinking with them, and there absolutely would be millions of people unemployed overnight.

Just in the US the company employs 1.4 million people. That's without the thousands of smaller companies relying on Walmart too. Imagine all those people being told they no longer have a job.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Are some of the stores in places where Wal-Mart is the only game in town? The only source of supply? If so, the people in the area may need help. Six months is a long time to go without access to basic supplies.

This is something that concerns me with the "We Stock Everything You Need" stores. I've joked that Wal-Mart needed to build housing on top of their stores so people didn't have to actually leave - they have eye docs, medical clinics, restaurant, food, banking, the majority of house supplies needed unless you need to replace a major appliance - yep, folks could just live there!

The problem is, after all the other stores have been turned into empty shells around them and they reign supreme, there is nothing to fall back on if the Wal-Mart closes. The mom and pop stores and "lesser" simple grocery stores, etc., are all gone. Where do people get food? Buy diapers and formula? Inexpensive clothes?

If closing down the stores has a huge humanitarian impact, is that not of concern to the towns involved and the state/country as a whole? Who steps in when people can't get food? It's not a natural disaster, so no Red Cross, no charity drives... ??? Perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but its something that has always bothered me.

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
why just the south? For all of the people that have alternative ideas besides the jade helm connection... why just the south?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
[Snip]

Mod Edit-15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.
edit on 4/15/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: doobydoll

They would probably ask for ID, and then wonder why this person doesn't have any ID to work with the company Walmart has chosen for all this contractual work. You think it's easier to get access to a closed corporate property than a private party at a club? If the average doorman can use a list of approved arrivals don't you think a corporation like Walmart would have at least that?

Even if they did get in, security would probably have no more of a clue about the problem than you or me. A corporation like this doesn't hold little meetings to inform security of everything that's going on. They would have a remit of those coming, when they are coming, and the company they work for. The arriving contractor would be expected to know why they are there and what they need to do.

Well obviously the owner of the plumbing company already has ID and was there carrying out work a short time ago, he has a contract with Walmart for this work. The fact that he wasn't contacted on this occasion is suspicious.

Is it his recent work that has caused this extremely profitable store to halt its business? This is a valid and important question that would be foremost in my mind if I owned the company that had recently carried out work there.

My guess is that it isn't a plumbing problem at all, otherwise they would have called the contracted plumber as they have done on previous occasions. So why are they lying?

If it really is a plumbing problem then the plumber has a right to know why he wasn't contacted, as per his contract.

Just go and see what they have to say. If they have nothing to say it makes it more suspicious.

Even if they don't get in, they might notice other stuff going on. And it's better than speculating on here.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
All this nonsense about the stores closing to be used as a triage center for the military, or "jade helm," or a FEMA camp... from a logistic standpoint it would be a terrible idea, try putting 5,000 people in a Walmart and the only thing you'll get is looting and urine-soaked floors (they have what, 5 toilets max for each sex?)

Look at this logically:

Point 1: it does not take six months to effect plumbing repairs. How many times have you walked into a big-box store like Walmart while massive renovations were going on? I've seen stores close off half their floor space, shift everything over to the other half, and continue operating. I've seen concrete work and massive roof repairs at Walmarts that remained open the entire time.

Point 2: the government is taking over the stores and making them into (insert pet conspiracy here). No. Far too many loose ends with this idea. Not too mention, Walmarts just don't have the facilities to handle massive influx of people, compared to a sports arena or transportation center. Not to mention, Walmart would never tolerate anything that would impede their profits.

Point 3: closing stores to repulse worker organization. Bingo! We have seen this from Walmart before.

Walmart Penalized For Closing Store Just After It Unionized

In September of 2004, the United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) was certified as a representative of employees in a store in Jonquiere, Quebec. In April 2005, just before an arbitrator was about to impose a collective agreement, Walmart closed the store.

(June 2014)

Wal-Mart Crushes Union By Closing Store
(May 2005)

In addition, there were numerous worker-related lawsuits pending from several of the closed stores regarding wage and labor disputes, especially at the California stores:

"2005: A California jury orders Walmart to pay $172 million in damages to 116,000 workers for failing to provide meal breaks. Walmart appeals and later agrees to pay between $77 million and $152 million."

"2010: Walmart agrees to pay as much as $86 million to settle a California class action over failing to pay vacation and overtime wages to 232,000 workers. Walmart did not concede that the wages remained unpaid, according to Reuters."

And another Walmart closure decision spurred by anti-union policies:

"Butchers in a Jacksonville (Tex.) Walmart vote to join UFCW Local 540, spurring union votes at other stores. Two weeks later, Walmart closes its 180 meat counters and switches to prepackaged cuts only, saying it will offer meat cutters other jobs in its stores. “Our decision to expand case-ready meat has nothing to do with what went on in Jacksonville,” Jessica Moser, a company spokeswoman, tells the Associated Press."

The Pico Rivera Walmart in particular had worker/union activity:

At Pico Rivera Wal-Mart, Workers & Critics Protest Company’s Alleged Retaliation
(November 2013)

Hundreds of Wal-Mart workers and those supporting them protested alleged retaliation by the retail giant near a Pico Rivera store Thursday evening, with dozens getting taken into custody by the Sheriff’s Department.

Walmart has a tough "transfer of be fired" ultimatum. Employees who want to keep their position have 2 weeks to transfer to a new store or they can be fired. With these store closures, they had 12 hours notice to transfer to another store that may be 30 or 50 miles away, and they'll restart at lower pay. Longer commute, less pay.

It's all worker intimidation.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Meh, they're just adding LGBT restrooms.....LOL

Seriously, that is weird. Makes me wonder, that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SullivanBlack
Wow I live in Brandon, there are 3 walmarts within a 5 mile radius here. I wonder which one..

that right there is one of the main reasons i say it's not about union busting. what good does it do walmart to close one store to prevent unionization when they have many other stores in the area.

seeing how three of the states are right to work states. i don't really see how unions could cause them to much of a problem.
seeing how there are probably a 3 non union, to 1 union person looking for jobs there in those states any way.

edit on 15-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I can tell from our local breaking news group on Facebook that the average joe is getting nervous about this. What are they doing in your area?
edit on 4/15/2015 by stellawayten because: Because my typo said average hoe instead of joe. lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join