It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five different stores make sudden announcement, claiming “plumbing” issues

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
docs.google.com...

here is the leaked doc

The Commander of United States Army Special Operation Command (USASOC) seeks a written invitation and approval from local officials to conduct Realistic Military Training (RMT) within their jurisdictions for joint military exercise, JADE HELM 15 (JH15)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

This brings to mind a disturbing dream I had a few years ago. I worked for Wal Mart and we were paid to be participants in a government training exercise where we'd be put in a detention camp inside a store. Once we were in, it was disturbing since they took it seriously and you couldn't leave.

Ok, that is going to be really freaky if you say you happen to live in any of these areas where the store closings are occurring.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

I have no idea how plausible this is, but is it at all possible that closing these stores is part of some shifty tax dodge of some sort? By laying off the staff, and closing the premises for business, is there any way at all that doing this could affect the amount of tax Walmart pays?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Interestingly, a thread posted on Above Top Secret, Jan. 17, 2008 titled, “Is the government and Walmart working together to build detention centers?” questions just that.

www.intellihub.com...#-hit-fan-large-empty-department-stores-wal-marts-converted-fema-camps-now/

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Any company anywhere already can move equipment 1' in the name of enhancing the location and get a big tax break.The other side of the coin is most likely that they have stated they are "updating and refining" the plumbing. And in the meantime possibly updating equipment. It has been said Walmart stated that the laid-off employees would have to reapply as new employees. Together , these 2 would bring in a tax break for improvement. Also on the employees being trained once the 6 month period is over , the government picks up part of each employee's wages while they are being trained. Double win. However , I do not see a company as large as WalMart that concerned with the mere trivial allotments from tax breaks or employee training . Not with what it probably cost them in profit to shut down 5 stores in 4 different states

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Here are the links to find permits in each area accompanied by the address for each Walmart that is closing.

Permits for the city of Tulsa
(Hit the red icon at the top of the page and add permit layers)

Address: 207 S. Memorial, 74112

That's funny, NO PERMITS have been issued. Not one.

It may be different in other states but here in Florida you do not need a permit to do plumbing repairs. If it is then I can tell you I never saw one pulled when I was doing plumbing.

If they were renovating that is a different story.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: muchmadness

So they're going to have "armed", unidentified military people in civilian clothing popping off blank rounds unexpectedly in the midst of the local populations in a realistic training exercise?

What happens when a civilian pulls his concealed revolver and empties it into one of these training participants?

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong.

That's how I interpreted it when I read the article. Here's a hypothetical answer for your question. Get a bunch of military out there, popping out at civilians and scaring them, shooting at them, as you described...and someone with a CC permit decides to shoot back (and they will in Texas, trust me, we like shooting people), then maybe others join in or maybe those military are also sporting live rounds (you know, just in case) and open fire on the civilians.

If you're of a suspicious mind, you can imagine that the backlash of something like that happening would make Ferguson look like a cakewalk by comparison. And if you're of an even more suspicious mind, you can imagine something like that serving as a perfect excuse to declare martial law. I am of a suspicious mind personally and I find this to be quite alarming indeed.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Remember the fight last month that started in the bathroom at a Walmart in Tuscon?

They still don't know who these people were

An overnight brawl in an Arizona Walmart parking lot has left one person dead and two others wounded, including a police officer who was shot in the leg. The Arizona Department of Public Safety says a Cottonwood police officer was shot just before midnight last night as he and a group of officers tried to break up the melee.

The incident began when a Walmart employee noticed that a large group of people were in one of the store's restrooms, department spokesman Bart Graves says. The employee was shoved by one of the suspects when she tried to enter, he says. By the time Cottonwood police arrived, the group had made its way to the parking lot. Officers were immediately attacked and there was a struggle for an officer's gun.

One suspect was fatally shot, a second suspect was shot in the abdomen, and a Walmart employee also suffered cuts on his arm. The wounded 31-year-old officer underwent surgery and is expected to recover. There were a total of three gunshots, and it was still unclear last night who fired the shots, Graves says.

Seven officers suffered minor injuries, including lacerations and bruising. Seven suspects were taken into custody and were later booked on charges that included aggravated assault, attempted homicide, and obstruction, per Graves.

It's unclear if everyone in the group is part of the same family. The department says in a statement that they were driving a Chevrolet Suburban with an Idaho license plate. "We don't know who they are at this point," Graves says. "They are not cooperating."

Also, this: Meth Lab Discovered In Backpack In Indiana Walmart Bathroom

Maybe Walmarts are having "plumbing" problems.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Black_Fox

I have no idea how plausible this is, but is it at all possible that closing these stores is part of some shifty tax dodge of some sort? By laying off the staff, and closing the premises for business, is there any way at all that doing this could affect the amount of tax Walmart pays?

That's certainly more plausible than the US government planning to start rounding up millions of people for imaginary detention centers, or declaring Martial Law for some unknown imaginary purpose.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'm not sure how that's related really, but they do know who those people were. It was the Gaver family. They've even released video of the event: www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

20k is nothing when a 1000qm store will do 50-60k€ and more here in Germany.
I will get you some numbers. I can post more in an hour, gotta make a call.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: texasgirl

I have been a retail manager for 25 years and have been through several store closings. A company that decides to shutter some unprofitable locations do not give those stores only 5 hours notice. They are given 4-6 weeks to sell off their inventory and clean out. A 5 hour notice means some emergency type event is taking place. What that event is, I don't know.

We knew our store might be closing 3 months out. Our District Manager and all the Store managers knew this, and were told, and all the employees found out down the line..

I wonder if anyone buying into this, has ever worked retail before.

as someone who was layed off from wal-mart (which is not only working in retail but for this chain) when they leased out my department i can easily buy into this. it is clear looking back on things that the store manager knew all about it happening at least a couple months before from comments he had made, comments that did not make sense at the time. and again looking back at the intensity they were trying to fire people for whatever reason they could find (if you are fired, no severance, they fired one guy the day before), it seems clear looking back they knew it was coming. and yet again looking back a lot of the issues our department had been having like not allowing us to hire more staff to replace people, and cutting our wage budget so we never had enough staff. as well as it seemed to us that store and home office management seemed to be doing everything they could to piss us off so we would quit (something we had actually been talking about how it seemed they wanted us to quit for several months), yet those of us affected had no notice of it happening until people went in to work only to be told it was closed. people showed up for work and were told "the shop is closed, it has been leased to X-company. if you want you can apply to them for a job, at their starting wages, or you can transfer to another location if they have positions open. clean out your lockers and go home". of course transferring to another location would have meant a store a few hundred miles away since they were doing the same to all the stores in our district. now all of the same department in the district talked to each other pretty much daily as part of our jobs, NO ONE that was going to be affected had any idea it was happening. the only ones i could say for certain knew because of their actions, attitudes and the way they treated our department (when viewed and thought about after the fact) were the store managers and assistant managers and district managers and higher.

so it seems that Wal-mart does indeed have a habit of last minute, no warning layoffs. at least these people got 5 hours notice, not just show up to work and be told you no longer have a job like we did. it would be interesting to talk to those that worked at these stores and see if there were similar things going on at the stores before they closed. did associates feel like they were being pressured to quit? did they feel they were being set up by management to fight among themselves to make people want to quit, or put them in positions to be fired? did the store seem to be going out of their way more than normal about nailing associates for theft or firing for other reasons, including employees being set up? were they allowed to hire people when associates quit or were fired? i seriously wish i could ask those that worked for years at these locations about the last several months at work.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

But why april? Most company fiscal years begin september And the tax year january.

something i didn't even think about with this, thank you. April IS in fact the beginning of Wal-mart's fiscal year. it was always in April right about Easter when we would get our bonus checks for the past year. with January, February, early March being inventory time.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

So far, we have accurately deduced that a government
which constantly rants how it needs to protect the people of
the United States. Is willfully creating a situation that puts
those people needlessly in harms way. As if they don't have
training facilities for every scenario. Why risk americans lives so
precariously if it's so important to protect them?

I fear at some point, we are in for a rude awakening. And it may not be
involving this exercise. But our gov't does nothing but stab us in the
back. Over and over and over and over...
edit on Rpm41515v59201500000054 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

This may seem far out to some but I no longer trust anything said by my gov and trust no one.

It certainly doesn't seem far out to me. Not in the least. I hardly talk to anyone about this kind of stuff because I'm wasting my breath doing so...invariably on the receiving end of epic eye rolling and open mockery...but I no longer give a damn, and like you, I trust no one. Especially the government.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Do people really think that 4k+ troops and all of that military equipment in southern California is just for training?
Come on... Don't be in denial.

That is a unbelievable amount of military equipment for a "training exercise" and Special Ops don't train to detain. They strike fast and eliminate potential threats.

By the way..
Joint Army Domestic Exercise Humanitarian Emergency Logistics Mission +2015

=JADE HELM 15

I really don't have a clue of what is going on but I do know its no training exercise. Something is coming.

edit on 15-4-2015 by VelvetPawn because: Added context.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

So far, we have accurately deduced that a government
which constantly rants how it needs to protect the people of
the United States. Is willfully creating a situation that puts
those people needlessly in harms way. As if they don't have
training facilities for every scenario. Why risk americans lives so
precariously if it so important to protect them?

I fear at some point, we are in for rude awakening. And it may not be
involving this exercise. But our gov't does nothing but stab us in the
back. Over and over and over and over...

Bingo! Their actions consistently and directly contradict the lies they feed us. And they keep doing it with impunity because they are confident that the small percentage of people who question them are dwarfed by the larger, complacent percentage of people. And they are probably spot on with that assessment.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

walmart has been building super center as far back as 1988.

1988 The first Walmart Supercenter opened in Washington, Mo., combining general merchandise and a full-scale supermarket to provide one-stop shopping convenience.
Walmart History Timeline

Sam was a True blue U.S. citizen and still in charge. remember nothing was sold that wasn't made in the USA.
highly doubtful that he would let that happen.

could the new board and CEO have done something like this? maybe but highly doubtful, their more about revenue than ruling the world.

edit on 15-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_FoxI live in Tulsa, there are 3 Walmart supercenters in Tulsa. There are 4 Walmart Markets here in town. All the employees where given the opportunity to transfer to other stores. But it was curious that Walmart management from Bentonville only gave everyone a few hrs notice, that the store was closing. They told everyone it is a temporary closing. My question is why now and why so quick. I have seen Walmart's completely remodel and never shut down. If the plumbing problem is so bad they close the store. It would be cheaper to build a new building than tear up all that concrete to fix the store. Why was local management not told before hand?, is another question I have. The one that closed is on the North side of town. It is where a lot of low income people shop. Could profits be that bad?

www.fox23.com...

edit on 4 15 2015 by Ceeker63 because: added link

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

And some want evidence that would only come in the form of an
open knife wound. Easily avoidable.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join