It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon gold mining stand off with BLM….Next bundy ranch

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: For Truth

Bow many times have these groups made legal claims that' aren't supported by law? They ignore laws they don't like or understand and instead of communicating they sound the militia alarm.

What can be said is at least BLM has communicated with the people at the mine.

Situations mist be viewed individually instead of as a continuation of an incident from another state involving different laws and complaints.

Its like people trying to argue admiralty law applies when its obvious they have no clue what admiralty law is.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5 Surely shooting at someone on land you have no permit for is grounds for assault or attempted murder? Also all minerals removed without permit is theft, And any houses built there are the property of the people of Oregon
edit on 16-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Indigo5 Surely shooting at someone on land you have no permit for is grounds for assault or attempted murder? Also all minerals removed without permit is theft, And any houses built there are the property of the people of Oregon

To be clear..that incident (shooting) was a fellow miner at Galice creek, this same miners association showed up to protest in favor of that shooters right to shoot anyone that wanders across a miners claims on Public Lands..

Southern Oregon Mining Association Supports Ron Spears at Trial
www.jeffersonminingdistrict.com...

Miner faces prison
www.mailtribune.com...

As far as the house that the Sugar Pine mine is building..yah...It boils down to they have declared themselves immune from federal and state law whilst living and mining on Public lands.

I actually suspect that the Illegal Sugar Pine mine was discovered due to legal miners, who follow the rules and respect the environment putting an X on the map for the BLM.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I know a few miners in the Baker area and they too detest the Big League Morons (BLM). Really hope these miners, who actually work, and produce a valuable product, contributing to society, and business, stand their ground against these parasitic bully boys who are nothing more than armed thugs! It is truly sad to see the disintegration of a country because so few will stand up for freedom. There is strength in unity! Miners are the salt of the earth.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Indigo5

I think the whole Nevada debacle embarrassed them, and they are desperate for a new cause...pity they went in half cocked guns blazing....again.
The concept of a public militia given the current state of corrupt policing, they could have been useful to the public if they didn't make such idiots of themselves.

I agree totally with your assessment on the mining.

BLM aren't perfect, but I do remember when applying to make a claim with them in Cali and Nevada (for a fun social Gold mining group) thinking how extraordinary it is I can mine land I don't own, pay pennies to be there, can enforce no trespasses, and make a damn fortune if I strike it rich with the minerals whilst paying the BLM nothing for it....All if I keep my paperwork up to date, hide nothing and follow the law. I don't think there is another country on earth that does makes it that user friendly and cheap for claim stakes.

I don't believe your story as i am a ex underground mine superintendent and we had to pay a lot of money to the government just to explore a area.

BLM or FS permits $8000 To $10,000+
Explosive permit $5000+ dollars.
reclamation bond $20,000 to 1 million dollars.
Diesel generator and air compressor had to meet CARB and EPA regulations even though everyone else not in mining but Doing things like construction can buy used or by out of state non CARB approved equipment without any worry about being fined.
Inspections by both state and federal mine inspectors 2 times a years last for about 2 days plus the BS of being fined for violations of state safety regulations after being told by the feds we were doing things right safety wise and then being fined by the feds for doing things wrong after the state inspector told us we were meeting all regulations.

And if you shut down for the winter you could be told to remove all equipment till spring,

""can enforce no trespasses""
No you can not unless you are actively mining then only around the area where you are working not around the rest of the claim.
People are free to fish and hunt on the area you are not working.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

LOL

Did say I was blowing crap up? I said it was a amateur fun gold hunting club we joined. What part of that is so difficult to believe?
Reread. It was a "fun gold hunting group" not a major mining expedition. Settle down Oath Keeper.

Sounds like you are more bitter at your treatment "by the feds" and your fines more so than my few weekends away with mates prospecting and having fun.

I didn't mention reclamation fees and FS fee, I was referring to filing fees on a claim I looked up at the time we joined the group. (which by joining a group you don't have to pay for a claim file anyway, it was out of interest more than anything)
...Capiche?

Nevada:
Claim Filing Fees

Filing fees vary from: $14.00-$25.50(*) per claim/site plus $4.00-$7.00(*) per document
Paid to the appropriate County Recorder. The Division of Minerals receives $8.50 of that.
minerals.nv.gov...
OK, Whats pennies to me, may not be pennies to you, granted. But I do standby the amount for filing a claim in Nevada is safe to call pennies.

""can enforce no trespasses""
No you can not unless you are actively mining then only around the area where you are working not around the rest of the claim.

So as I said you CAN enforce no trespass, sorry I didn't add the fishing part for the wider area, lol.

As for your amounts you list for reclamation and FS for a professional mining exercise yes I consider that pennies anyway if you have a decent returning claim. *Shrugs*

edit on 18-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Frankly, I think we should give it all back to the people we kicked out right BEFORE 1853, why is it that 'land rights' only go back that far? It's still over gold, and this is what happened right before:

The Rogue River Treaty – 1853

The accord of 1853 was signed near the Table Rocks of the southwest Oregon Territory. The treaty was initially signed with an X mark by Chief Sam, known as Ko-Ko-Ha-Wah, meaning “wealthy,” and four other chiefs of the so-called Rogue River Indian Tribe* along with General Joseph Lane and others representing the United States.

The result was a vast tract of land, reckoned at more than two million acres fit for settlement, ceded to the federal government. The selling price was $60,000 — minus $15,000 to be paid to settlers for miscellaneous expenses incurred prior to the treaty.

The document was the first in the Oregon Territory (present-day Oregon and Washington) to be ratified by the U.S. Senate, when it was approved in April 1854. President Franklin Pierce signed the treaty in 1855.

In addition to supposedly securing an end to hostilities between natives and settlers, the treaty established a temporary reservation situated around the Table Rocks. The people were impoverished by their removal to the reservation: It wrenched the traditional tribal economy and social system into disarray

nativeamericanencyclopedia.com...\

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
And isn't it funny how the discussion revolves around gun rights a lot too, especially since it was in 1854 that a law was passed forbidding Indians to own guns..

Trail of Tears
In 1854, the Oregon Territory Legislature passed a law making it illegal to sell guns or ammunition to Indians.
By then the Cow Creek Umpquas had been drawn into the Rogue Indian Wars to help their cousins to the south. In 1854, Superintendent Palmer visited several bands of Umpqua Indians, and he reported:

"I found many of them wretched, sickly and almost starving ... They said, truly, they were once numerous and powerful, but now few and weak; that they had always been friendly to the non-Indians, and desired them to occupy their lands; that they wanted but a small spot on which they might live in quiet. Many of their number they said had been killed by the non-Indians, in retaliation for wrongs committed by Indians of other tribes, but they had never offered violence in return."

www.cowcreek.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If there are demonstrations that have "cowboys and Indians" TOGETHER that are concerned, like say, protesting fracking or the proposed Coos Bay LNG pipeline, to ensure a world fit for children to live in, that is one I will be interested in. This one, not so much, I will be honest.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TwoRavens
If there are demonstrations that have "cowboys and Indians" TOGETHER that are concerned, like say, protesting fracking or the proposed Coos Bay LNG pipeline, to ensure a world fit for children to live in, that is one I will be interested in. This one, not so much, I will be honest.

You make a very good point.
Choosing when to fight the good fight, not just any fight.

Fracking is such a concern for me, It's impact is so far reaching, but that is for another thread .

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

I had this very thought, TwoRavens. If the miners really want to restore the rights of those who owned the land before the Federal Government took it as public lands, then it would not go to them, it would go back to the Native Americans who lived there first. I mean, they want justice, right?

Peace, AB

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
A few more of the more recent videos

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

originally posted by: Indigo5[/post]

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

Miners today are environmentalist minded and want to see these lands restored back to their original beauty.

Nothing personal Johnny...but "Conjecture" is what you are repeatedly offering vs. the links to both the BLM and the Miners citing the nature of the dispute, which I have provided.

Your claim of these specific miners being environmentalists (based on nothing) is disputed by the Miners themselves, as it is BLM 3809 which they have cited as the regulation they feel they are not beholden to and 3809 specifically calls for no unnecessary environmental damage and for restoration of mining sites.

I wont get baited into something that I've suggested we wait and see what unfolds in this current scenario (but thanks for playing, here are some lovely parting gifts).

When I explained early on what this situation actually was, with links, regulations, qoutes and evidence...you described it as baiting? Because it diverted from your constructed meme?

Curious as to where you stand now that the Oathkeepers themselves are explaining precisely what I immediately said this scenario was? Strange to have to have had to battle your unsubstantiated claims...we are a community that is supposed to value facts, evidence and reality...deny ignorance?

Oathkeepers.org

Federal officials said in a letter to the owners they needed to file plans for the gold mining and equipment on the land or cease operations. The miners argue they have exclusive surface rights and do not have to follow federal regulations.

oathkeepers.org...

April 16 --The co-owner of a Josephine County mining claim at the center of a land-use dispute with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management says an armed security presence by members of the Oath Keepers movement has "taken on a life of its own," and he is pleading for calm after supporters apparently phoned in threats to BLM employees.

"We don't need any more volunteers, we're not under attack, this is not the Bundy Ranch ," said Sugar Pine Mine co-owner Rick Barclay . "Please stop calling the BLM and threatening their personnel."

www.kitco.com...

edit on 22-4-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This seems to me that it may have to do with the underground tunnels associated with the military exercises coming up. Maybe they don't want miners to dig too deep since they have one going right through that land...?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The most recent event of the saga (this event was a couple days ago),
Armed protesters gather at Medford BLM office over Sugar Pine Mine dispute

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
From several days ago.. includes a video from the former Dean of the Community College....

Residents say armed mine supporters sully Josephine County's reputation

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here's some of the latest to come from Josephine County. This is getting very interesting....

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join