It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Ted Cruz tells Iowa group that gays are waging ‘jihad’ against Christians

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Seamrog

No business owner (and I am one) would enter into a contract without some reasonable understanding of the party involved. If it is obvious that two women, or two men are attempting to have the sacrament of Holy Matrimony conferred upon them, a Roman Catholic is obliges to not participate.

But as a person who caters weddings, you would ask a couple if they had sex before marriage, and did they plan to have kids and what kind of marriage do they plan on having before you agreed to cater it? Seriously? Again, I say that a Roman Catholic apparently can't have a public catering business because it would be too hard to find a couple that would qualify on all counts, or would even be willing to answer such personal questions from a caterer, for God's sake.

Exactly.

How many of these Pharisee bakers are refusing to bake cakes for people involved in second marriages?

That practice is explicitly described by Jesus adultery for which the OT punishment is death.

There's no need for any regulations about that because nobody baking wedding cakes would be in business for long if they refused to work for people getting remarried. So this ain't just about following the literal letter of the law of the Scriptures.

Your mileage may vary, but every time I point that out, it seems to fall on deaf ears.

In the VERY VERSES they quote to support that Jesus said that marriage was ONLY between a man and a woman (he didn't, btw) he says that divorce is against god's will, and that who ever marries a divorced person commits adultery.

*crickets*

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Can someone point me to any government in history that has not kept some people from doing anything they want anytime they want to do it, i.e. imposing the will of some (as in say, the many, the community) on an individuals actions?

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: NavyDoc

Equality is someone being able to purchase a product or service from someone who sells that product or service to everyone else in the general public. If you want to be so discerning in whom you will sell your stuff to, start a private organization.

Right--"comply with what I want or lose your livelihood." Not much of a choice.

What about Bernie Madoff? Should he have lost his livelihood for breaking investment fraud laws? Or should we not have made him comply to those laws put in place to protect people?

Now we're comparing apples and kumquats. First of all, Madoff does not have a Constitutional right to defraud people. Secondly, he did actual harm to his fellow citizens by depriving them of their property (money).

And where is our constitutional right to discriminate against people? And if someone is at the last gas station before no-man's land, but they happen to be the wrong race, religion or orientation so they don't get to buy gas? Or if someone is traveling in the night with sick kids and needs to stop at the only hotel within 300 miles, but they are the wrong race, religion or orientation? Are they not being harmed?

Again with the reducto ad absurdum.

Well, let's put in the realm of reality, then.

Does a Muslim cab driver have the right to not allow a blind person and his dog into his cab because of religious beliefs about the uncleanliness of dogs?

Did the Muslim cabbies who accounted for 75% of the taxis servicing the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport have the right to routinely refuse service to people carrying alcohol such as boxes of wine from California?

Does a UPS driver have the right to refuse to deliver packages to a Christian church he has issues with because of his religious beliefs? Because he doesn't think he should be forced to conduct business with them? (That one's hypothetical but where do we draw the line on this?)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Annee

Thinking about the Reagan and Nixon years really makes me upset...

I had Eisenhower.

Trivia: Reagan was the guest speaker at my High School graduation. He had just switched from Dem to Rep.

Everyone I know thought he was a big joke. We were shocked when he got elected.

I was a Goldwater Republican.
edit on 13-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Personal intolerance of Christians? I have dozens of Christians who I am honored to call my friend. My own mother is a Christian and I love her dearly. My best friend (Who's name is ironically Christian) is a DEVOUT christian. The ones who I am blessed to call my friend however, practice tolerance when it comes to other people's lives. They live by the teachings of Jesus, and NOT the teachings of Leviticus. I don't even call YOU a hateful bigot except in hypotheticals. I can't know your life and why you choose to say the things you do. I don't know if you're a bigot or not, despite your post history. And I won't pretend to know it either. You're free to say whatever you want. And as I've stated multiple times before, I'll defend your right to say it.

I'm sorry, but you don't have a working knowledge of Christian faith.

It is like asking a kindergarten student to discuss the use of light in a Rembrandt. It is chronic to this website, and most of the detractors in this thread.

It makes any meaningful discussion regarding Christian faith almost impossible.

Here is an example to help you understand:

Pope Francis: "The sanctity of Human Life is undeniable, from conception to natural death."

ATS Bigots: "Get out of my uterus you fundie!!!"

PS - by your insane logic, Pope Francis is a hateful bigot.

Congratz*

Pope Francis Rejects Homosexual French Diplomat

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Religious freedom does not give you the right to do whatever you want to someone. It does not give you the right to discriminate.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

***The family business came under fierce assault by LGBT activists and their cronies -- accusing them of being anti-gay bigots.

They were. On tape. Being bigots. Live with it.

I am sure you could also find some fine Christians in Indiana talking about the good old days when they wore white sheets deep into the night. Look up the history of Indiana and the clan. These are the folks who view themselves as the moral backbone of the country, when in reality many (not by any means all or even most), are hateful bigots who believe it is their right to poison our country with horrible concepts and a conceit bred from ignorance and fear. Let their economy dry up and die. Americans have no use for that state.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Religious freedom does not give you the right to do whatever you want to someone. It does not give you the right to discriminate.

Right. You can believe what you want.

You can tell a customer you don't believe in Gay weddings. But, you can't refuse to cater their wedding (if you regularly cater weddings).

(post by Seamrog removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I'm not completely sure what your point is about the poster not having a working knowledge of the Christian faith.

However, polling consistently shows the majority of American Catholics and mainline Protestants support gay marriage.

Even a majority of evangelical millenials support gay marriage.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

1. Not only is Jorge Bergoglio a bigot at times, he's a Jesuit, so he has a 50/50 chance or better of being an atheist.

2. The Christian religion is about as complicated as a comic strip in the daily paper.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

I'm not completely sure what your point is about the poster not having a working knowledge of the Christian faith.

However, polling consistently shows the majority of American Catholics and mainline Protestants support gay marriage.

Even a majority of evangelical millenials support gay marriage.

The poster indicated my belief that the homosexual lifestyle is immoral is based on the Old Testament book of Leviticus.

This is like saying "I understand why the Masters is a big deal because I played putt-putt one time a Myrtle Beach when I was seven."

She is not even remotely aware of the theological underpinnings of Catholic faith.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Once again, I just have to point out that some folks, usually conservative Christians, always use the imagery of someone trying to

ram their lifestyle down the throats of Christians

How come all the oral rape stuff? Just asking, especially in light of all conservative politicians consistently bashing gays and then getting caught with young men, or soliciting sex in airports? Is this a Freudian thing?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The poster indicated my belief that the homosexual lifestyle is immoral is based on the Old Testament book of Leviticus. This is like saying "I understand why the Masters is a big deal because I played putt-putt one time a Myrtle Beach when I was seven." She is not even remotely aware of the theological underpinnings of Catholic faith.

Man, you just walk right into it don't you? Hmmm - lets see...Which major religion has had a 30 (or more - maybe 2,000) year ongoing scandal concerning pedophilia among it's all-male clergy. Are these the theological underpinnings of Catholic faith that you are referring to?

You a funny person. Keep posting. We all need more laughter in our days.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Personal intolerance of Christians? I have dozens of Christians who I am honored to call my friend. My own mother is a Christian and I love her dearly. My best friend (Who's name is ironically Christian) is a DEVOUT christian. The ones who I am blessed to call my friend however, practice tolerance when it comes to other people's lives. They live by the teachings of Jesus, and NOT the teachings of Leviticus. I don't even call YOU a hateful bigot except in hypotheticals. I can't know your life and why you choose to say the things you do. I don't know if you're a bigot or not, despite your post history. And I won't pretend to know it either. You're free to say whatever you want. And as I've stated multiple times before, I'll defend your right to say it.

I'm sorry, but you don't have a working knowledge of Christian faith.

It is like asking a kindergarten student to discuss the use of light in a Rembrandt. It is chronic to this website, and most of the detractors in this thread.

It makes any meaningful discussion regarding Christian faith almost impossible.

Here is an example to help you understand:

Pope Francis: "The sanctity of Human Life is undeniable, from conception to natural death."

ATS Bigots: "Get out of my uterus you fundie!!!"

PS - by your insane logic, Pope Francis is a hateful bigot.

Congratz*

Pope Francis Rejects Homosexual French Diplomat

Pope Francis has gone a long way in making the Catholic Church more accepting in the eyes of the world. Of all the Popes of recent memory, I love Francis the most. He is a pope of the people. He sneaks out at night to feed the hungry for goodness sake, how can I NOT like the guy?

I very much doubt Pope Francis would refuse to feed a hungry man because he is gay.

I also liked the part where you constructed a strawman, then burn it down, and tell me that I was the one who made the strawman and lit the fire.

You say I don't know the teachings of the bible. Tell me the verse where Jesus says it's okay to hate gays. I'll be waiting over here with a slice of humble pie.

Actually, I won't. It's clear during our interactions that you have no desire to listen to anything anyone has to say that conflicts with your worldview. So I'll just end our conversation. You can prance away and declare victory over another "Abortion loving, freedom hating, filthy atheist liberal crybaby" now. Have a great day.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

Which major religion has had a 30 (or more - maybe 2,000) year ongoing scandal concerning pedophilia among it's all-male clergy.

None that I'm aware of.

The recent scandal of Roman Catholic priests involved homosexual priests - not pedophile priests.

95% of the reported cases involved post-pubescent males.

You do know what that means don't you?

Predatory homosexuals preyed on vulnerable young men. (I know, shocking, right?!)

The scandal was rooted in a homosexual clergy problem, but that is being dealt with now - quite effectively.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Tell me the verse where Jesus says it's okay to hate gays.

You just effectively demonstrated the point I was making.

Sadly - you did it with remarkable predictability.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Tell me the verse where Jesus says it's okay to hate gays.

You just effectively demonstrated the point I was making.

Sadly - you did it with remarkable predictability.
And as predicted, you don't supply the verse.

I can't blame you, the verse doesn't exist. But my point stands. Good day.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Liar.

22% of victims were younger than age 10, 51% were between the ages of 11 and 14, and 27% were between the ages 15 and 17 years.[50][66]

en.wikipedia.org...

These were pedophile PRIESTS.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join