It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does U.S. Special Operations Command want a big secret hangar?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

I don't see nuclear weapons being used in the foreseeable decades. There simply is to much to at stake to wipe out entire populations. I don't think the use of nuclear weapons will be allowed. We've already heard stories about missiles being switched off...

I think WWIII will be something we won't realize we're in until centuries later. Eventually, we'll look back on a certain period in human history and point to those decades as a long, protracted "world war".

A hundred or two years from now? Who knows? We may be colonizing other worlds so the Earth may be fair game by then. Until that day arrives, this is our only life boat so to speak.

And you can't tell me that Stargate: Universe should have lasted more than two seasons!

Whatever they're working on I can only assume a few things:

1. stealthy

2. fast

3. computers play a larger role

edit on 10-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Dream is to get on the contracting team with SOCOM as a Contracting Officer... Gotta say, the past two times I made it to an interview but they hired someone with 2 MBA's both times... They are all extremely high speed and no BS in that organization, for sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

I'd love that job, but I'd spend too much time drooling over the cool toys.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm sure their supplement to the FAR has a chapter on blank checks from the treasury...

This new hangar could house an absurd variety of their toys - had a buddy who was in the Teams and the crazy stuff their armorer would do for them would blow anyone's mind.

I mean, just because it is a hangar building, doesn't mean their is aircraft in there, no?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

They do a lot of things in hangars. There are shops based in them, as well as aircraft. I'm pretty sure I know what's in this one, but as I said SOCOM scares me more than the DIA.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Off topic, mostly so remove if needed, but your differentiation of the DIA vs SOCOM reminds me of this girl I was "dating" then I found out her dad was involved in a counter-espionage lawsuit by one of these agencies...

Let's just say whether it is a hangar or a black project, a lot of folks underestimate how serious some of these agencies will get and the whole "knock on the door" is not always just a joke

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Oh yeah. I know two people that had adventures with them over things that most people would go "over THAT?!" Stuff that seems completely innocuous they go ballistic over.

And then there was the Fark Massacre.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would have thought DIA would preside over SOCOM.

Woah, I'm looking at an organizational chart of SOCOM, and something hit my eye...

'Detachment Kodiak' what? We have Navy SF up here?! On Kodiak? There's hardly anyone on Kodiak, everyone on the island who know who those guys were.

EDIT: Ok, I guess people do know. My friend says every looser at the bars on Kodiak claims to be a Seal to pick up women.

edit on 11-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Technically. But SOCOM trends top deal with things without bothering the DIA. They'd hate for them to have to leave their office and all.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

They do a lot of things in hangars. There are shops based in them, as well as aircraft. I'm pretty sure I know what's in this one, but as I said SOCOM scares me more than the DIA.

Transformers are real
?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

You speak very authoritatively on the subject but I would have to agree with Mbkennel that if you think the Manhattan project stayed secret you are mistaken.

Certain precise measurements of materials and process refinements stayed secret but "Atomic Spies" is not a term made up for the purpose of revisionism....did Klaus Fuchs not influence the Soviet atomic program for example?

People in communities pulling together in an age of "Good guys" and "Bad Guys" during the 40's facilitates the secrecy element of a Manhattan type project....I doubt you'd see the same sentimentality in the 70's/80's/90's for a private space programme given the taxpayer money going into the public one.

Although I suspect the US does have "various" secret/privtare SSTO technologies- I dont think they are the product of projects comparable to the nature or scale of Manhattan.

Would love to learn more about this so feel free to post any hints/links etc that can support your argument how the leaks of Manhattan are just revisionism.

edit on 11-4-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I don't see nuclear weapons being used in the foreseeable decades. There simply is to much to at stake to wipe out entire populations. I don't think the use of nuclear weapons will be allowed. We've already heard stories about missiles being switched off...

I think WWIII will be something we won't realize we're in until centuries later. Eventually, we'll look back on a certain period in human history and point to those decades as a long, protracted "world war".

A hundred or two years from now? Who knows? We may be colonizing other worlds so the Earth may be fair game by then. Until that day arrives, this is our only life boat so to speak.

And you can't tell me that Stargate: Universe should have lasted more than two seasons!

Whatever they're working on I can only assume a few things:

1. stealthy

2. fast

3. computers play a larger role

I would pretty much agree with everything you just said.

I mean. For all we know. We could be at world war 3 right now with everyone around the world playing FPS.

In any case. Since you've deduced it's stealthy, fast, and computers play a large role, that reduces the number of possibilities to.. Oh.. Infinity - 1.

My advice is to look away from the GDP. DONT follow the money. That's a red herring. As following publicly documented funds you'll never get anything but a series of smoke and mirrors showing you precisely what you think you already know (MBA here, I should know).

Take a look at Private Equity ownership and the influence and patterns that exist in the relationships they embark on. Special projects typically develop which ARE publicly documented within the public companies, but it's hard to 'draw the lines' without tracing all of the things the private equity firms have their hands in.

You'll find out pretty quickly what's being built. Where. And who's involved. And it might light your hair on fire in the process, as it's pretty freakin cool to see just how much cool work was being 'hidden' in plain sight.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Funny thing is when my buddy and some of his teammates were in the bar with me they literally looked like surfer types from SoCal, not elite operators...

Needless to say the ladies flocked to them quite naturally without them ever mentioning the Teams

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hidden puzzles and strategic "war game" scenarios purposefully hidden/coded into video games? I wouldn't put it past the DoD and MiC to do that, all of our PS4's and Xboxes combined together make a pretty powerful number crunching machine. Just think, all those hours spent playing Destiny in raids might actually be crunching numbers or helping hash out strategic scenarios...

The way I see it, little pieces are being developed here and there -- and we marvel at each one independent of each other. It's when these innovative technologies are combined together in ways we never thought that truly amazing things happen.

I don't think we need "anti-gravity" -- but rather weight cancelation technology. If we can make a craft weight 75% less, it would be MUCH easier to put it into orbit. Now, through conventional means like using new composities and things like graphene we can get our craft lighter, sure. But that isn't what I'm talking about. If the Higgs supposedly is the particle that gives mass to objects, perhaps we've known about it secretly longer than CERN. Perhaps this is why the scientists at CERN knew where to look?

I think we're probably doing doing work with electron spin resonance and super conducting states to do neat things. A big hangar (as pointe out already) doesn't have to just house aircraft -- it can have testing and diagnostic areas. They have a hanger here for the F-22's for jet engine testing.

Now, I would build a hanger if I needed to move whatever's inside in and out fairly quickly. If I didn't intend to move whatever's inside quickly, I'd put it underground, safe from prying eyes. So obviously whatever's inside is going to be moved around, and may be bulky/cumbersome to move. You are constrained by tunnel size with underground installations.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just read an article about a hybrid airship that has a global range that is being tested by the military.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Link?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Sorry, I'm not able to link it on my computer! But it was on the Fox News website, tech section under military.
edit on 13-4-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Here you go:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
As far as the hanger goes, I believe gariac mentioned this in another thread about a month ago. I did some research and found out that one of the codes used in the order was a code for a UAV hanger. So its probably most likely a UAV. But at the time we didn't know where the facility was located except that it was in the US.

As for 29 Palms, I lived there for six years. There is no place like you mentioned anywhere around the base. Theres not even enough housing to hold that many workers in 29 palms or the surrounding areas.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join