It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does U.S. Special Operations Command want a big secret hangar?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Sounds rather like a funding smokescreen for something much bigger. Perhaps a giant invisible remote controlled spruce goose or something. God, we have come such a long way in such a short short time it is rather mind blowing when one really thinks about it. Nice find as always OP!
edit on 17-4-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SonOfThor

And then there was the Fark Massacre.

I can only imagine what you must have read during that, since hearing about that I`ve assumed that material never made it to ATS unless in very small hints and remarks many would not get. I do vaguely remember a few interesting threads that came up 404`d a few times.

Any chance I can buy you a beer or 4 next time you roll through middle TN?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

As long as you don't expect any information in return. You can buy me Mountain Dew. I don't drink alcohol, but have replaced my blood with Dew.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I remember reading two Fark threads associated with a member here. Read them, digested them, moved on, so I haven't gone back to check to see if these two were the ones 404's or if it was another one all together. One was about phase conjugation and satellites I think alluding to a missing factor in the process and some other stuff I'll leave out that makes a big difference in performance. The other was regarding Fouche and his erroneous terminology for the workings of a certain craft. But since it appears that some three letter agencies don't want us talking about that, lets give em a break and not.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

As long as you don't expect any information in return. You can buy me Mountain Dew. I don't drink alcohol, but have replaced my blood with Dew.

I never expected half or even a fourth of what Ive come across on this sub-forum. Heck I`m so paranoid about what I type I end up deleting more pre-posts than actually posting things, then when I do its not up to the quality I`d like or its only new to me and has been talked about enough many just ignore it and I find the answer later on.

Besides there are plenty of other aircraft and systems that would be cool to talk about without me having to explain what an F-15 is. You`re the only mobile guy who gets around is all. As cool as it might be to KNOW for a fact about some things, the consequences of knowing them might not be to pleasant. If curiosity killed the cat I can only imagine what THEY would do to it.

I`m not much of a drinker myself but if I typed "buy you a drink or dinner" then you might get the wrong impression. LOL
But yeah if any of you aviation people roll through Middle TN drop me a PM, I might have a classified project ya`ll could add some input on.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I might be rolling through in a couple days. I'm either dropping in Memphis or Atlanta, not sure which yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I remember reading two Fark threads associated with a member here. Read them, digested them, moved on, so I haven't gone back to check to see if these two were the ones 404's or if it was another one all together. One was about phase conjugation and satellites I think alluding to a missing factor in the process and some other stuff I'll leave out that makes a big difference in performance. The other was regarding Fouche and his erroneous terminology for the workings of a certain craft. But since it appears that some three letter agencies don't want us talking about that, lets give em a break and not.

Ive read several things there that correlate to things from various threads here, enough to make you go hmmmm. But knowing where you are coming from about not talking about it I can understand that at least and I agree to why we shouldn't. From previous Fark massacre comments something comparable to an E-Nuke went off and then a mop up team with flamethrowers came through. But reading comments by several long time aviation and military technology knowledgeable members speak as if they were part of something big on the site awhile back. Someone just happened to be hunkered down watching and every now and then is kind enough to let just enough crumbs fall so some of us can follow along, or do the best we can... Maybe
edit on 20-4-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Many is the rabbit hole.. Throw smoke down some and ferrets down others..The truth will make a bolt for it sometime.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

you might want to read this post to understand

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

you might want to read this post to understand

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh hey Thanks.
I get it now. The last thing I want is for people to get into any more trouble with what is discussed here which is why I do my best to hold back the torrent of questions.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
a reply to: universalbri

You speak very authoritatively on the subject but I would have to agree with Mbkennel that if you think the Manhattan project stayed secret you are mistaken.

Certain precise measurements of materials and process refinements stayed secret but "Atomic Spies" is not a term made up for the purpose of revisionism....did Klaus Fuchs not influence the Soviet atomic program for example?

That's an understatement.

Kurchatov, the head of the Soviet a-bomb project, had a safe in his office, he had the only key and code. When his scientists reported some important results or conclusions, he opened the safe, looked through the documents himself, and told them if they were right or wrong, and put the documents back in the safe.

Kurchatov, wanted his own people to develop expertise on their own and try to figure it out themselves, and didn't hand-hold them using the stolen information.

The USSR had nearly complete project details. Stalin already knew about the bomb when he met Churchill and FDR at Yalta.

So, the "Red Scare" of the 1950's wasn't entirely based on fiction---as it turns out from later KGB archives unlocked after the end of the Cold War, there was very significant and successful ongoing Soviet espionage, much better than what the USA could accomplish on the USSR. What there wasn't, though, was extensive influence and 'programming' through high-profile cultural activities or politicians. That was entirely a domestic USA political witch hunt. Worrying about leftist film-makers? Domestic political noise. The spies were anonymous technicians and bureaucrats in government departments and critical industries.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: buddah6

Here you go:

www.foxnews.com...

Those are kept way out in the middle of Dugway. There is a YouTube video were some guy drives around out there and shows where they are.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I personally have to laugh about U.S. security post 9/11. They now let U.S. Commercial airliners fly right over the runways at McDill AFB with a dam B2 Bomber sitting there. MORONS!!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In reply to why they want their own place? Probably cause they are tired of people playing with or snooping around their toys at McDill ABF when they have their airshows.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

And? There's nothing classified about the B-2 that can be seen when it's parked. All the classified equipment is retracted.

They used to fly right past them when they were parked at Hickam prior to 9/11. You can find pictures of the cockpit fully powered up online, as well as pictures from just about every angle.

Hell, at Hickam they land at a commercial airport and taxi past the terminal, and around commercial aircraft before they retract the classified antennas.
edit on 4/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sweet to be one of the civilian ground crews who get to have those guys taxi right past them while they are checking on some 767 landing gear oil leak tags for maintenance.

edit on 29-4-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I have a picture of the first one to come to Hickam coming down the taxiway with a Japan Airlines 747 right behind it. Talk about getting a good look. Those pilots were above and right behind it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I got a laugh when you mentioned it was JAL. I imagine the pilot and co pilot look at each other, one says "Super Stealtharoooo!!!!!", they high five and then both pick up one of the five cameras strapped around each of their necks and start snapping away.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

One of the funniest stories I heard involved a JAL pilot. They were giving him clearance from Honolulu to Narita, and he kept reading back Hickam instead.

Clearance finally gets frustrated and says, "JAL, you're not leaving from Hickam, you're leaving from Honolulu. Why do you keep saying Hickam? "

Without missing a beat, the pilot reads back, "No can say Honoruru very good. Can say Hickam very well."

They were cleared from Hickam.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

HEHE!!!! Fun times in Hawaii! Wonder if he was faking it to get a good look at our birds?

My Sensei growing up still calls me Daybid. Had 30 years to work on it but still calls me daybid when he sees me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join