It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Obama calls for an and to LGBT persecution. Shoots a rainbow out of his hand into the sky.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Obama calls for an and to LGBT persecution. Shoots a rainbow out of his hand into the sky.

No, no that's God affirming Obama's decision & showing His support for Obama & LGBT rights.

K~

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

To suit your sexual whims.

I see you religious folks still love your "slut shaming" tactics!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: greencmp

Are you the kind of person who walks by as well only to call DSS later to have the child taken away and made a ward of the state?

I'm a victim of pedophilia and child abuse, by family members and teachers, in the 1950's. Everybody who could have helped, like my family members, my teachers, neighbors, the school principal, the police (who were called), and the church set a blind eye to what was obvious abuse, and in turn, punished me! (I asked for it, don't you know!)

I was publicly slut shamed in front the church congregation when I was 5! I was sent to "Jesus Camp", to find repentance, when I was 8, because a janitor had his way with me.

This is the same thing that is happening to our LGBT youth. Their being abused and shamed, sent to conversion camps that teach self hatred and self loathing, all because of other's people's crimes and ignorance!

Here is what I'm thinking, full disclosure here, either you had really, really bad luck or were doing something that contributed to your victimhood. This isn't the same thing as fault, please don't put those words in my mouth. However, most girls never get abused sexually. How it is you were targeted and victimized on what seems to be multiple occasions in such a short period of time? Before you get defensive try to understand that I'm trying to understand.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I don't care if adults willingly submit themselves to unhealthy therapies. I don't think anyone should be able to forcibly brainwash kids though.

If someone wants to try to change, let them. I think the wrong approach has potential to be unhealthy, but I don't believe the plasticity of the brain is a one way thing. The question is, do we have the right approach? I don't think we do. I see a bunch of phoney ungay'd people who don't seem genuinely convinced or happy.

If there was an effective 100% voluntary way for adult LGBT people to stop being gay, I'd support their choice. I have no stake in it. I have no need for people to stay gay. Who cares. I have no interest in maintaining a team roster. Let them do what they want. I have no need to control them, or cling to their existence within that identity.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

How can a child do anything that contributed the abuse.
Spell it out for me because I can not think of anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: dr1234

How can a child do anything that contributed the abuse.
Spell it out for me because I can not think of anything.

They can't, it's only POS child predators that would use such an ignorant & self serving excuse for the abuse of a child.

K~

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Here is what I'm thinking, full disclosure here, either you had really, really bad luck or were doing something that contributed to your victimhood. This isn't the same thing as fault, please don't put those words in my mouth. However, most girls never get abused sexually. How it is you were targeted and victimized on what seems to be multiple occasions in such a short period of time? Before you get defensive try to understand that I'm trying to understand.

Are you saying a 5 year old asked to be abused?

This was the 1950s and apparently a very religious family.

Adults didn't take a child's word for anything back then.

When people talk about the "Good Old Days" - - - they forget a lot.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

However, most girls never get abused sexually.

What is your expertise to make that statement?

What I can guarantee you is - - most are not reported. Especially back in the 50s.

IF your parents believed you - - they would probably "shove it under the rug" to save your reputation.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Maybe following patterns of behavior, such as acting sexual thinking it's normal, that they learned from abuse at home.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

However, most girls never get abused sexually.

What is your expertise to make that statement?

What I can guarantee you is - - most are not reported. Especially back in the 50s.

IF your parents believed you - - they would probably "shove it under the rug" to save your reputation.

None, just an assumption actually. Would you say it's over 50%? If so good lord... that's disturbing.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Not at all, I'm saying a 5 year old doesn't know what abuse is. I don't understand it, I'm curious and fairly ignorant on the subject. I'm attempting to broaden my understanding and deny ignorance. That won't happen if I'm walking on eggshells about my genuinr thoughts/ questions.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Maybe following patterns of behavior, such as acting sexual thinking it's normal, that they learned from abuse at home.

Like being all cute and imitating the Princesses from the Disney movies?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I see why you might think that. I'm not a child predator, but thanks for acting like a child instead of having a mature discussion about a serious issue.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Like being all cute and imitating the Princesses from the Disney movies?

No, like maybe touching an adult male on the leg thinking it is a normal way for children and adults to interact. Maybe saying sexual things without a proper context or understanding of what sexuality or appropriateness are. Or maybe I'm naive and more men have this disgusting impulse than I thought possible. I honestly don't know, all I know is a 5 year old lacks the ability to be at fault. That doesn't mean they can't unknowningly lead to further abuse because of a warped idea of what is normal. It's sick, and I'm simply asking, not accusing or implying anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Not at all, I'm saying a 5 year old doesn't know what abuse is. I don't understand it, I'm curious and fairly ignorant on the subject. I'm attempting to broaden my understanding and deny ignorance. That won't happen if I'm walking on eggshells about my genuinr thoughts/ questions.

OK. Most molestation happen at home - - with a relative - - family friend - - etc.

Many little girls naturally act like cute little princesses and "flirt" with men they trust.

Back in the 50s - - virginity was still a huge deal, especially if from a religious family. Most likely the family would choose denial rather then accept their little girl was molested. I think they believed the adult more because they wanted to then accept the truth.

Even IF an adult believed you - - they would probably rather hide it - - then bring shame on the family.

There was no school counselor. Things were hushed up.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Honestly don't know, all I know is a 5 year old lacks the ability to be at fault. That doesn't mean they can't unknowningly lead to further abuse because of a warped idea of what is normal. It's sick, and I'm simply asking, not accusing or implying anything.

A child, is a child, is a child, is a child.

No child can give consent to an adult to touch them. No matter what.

Does not matter what the child's behavior is.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

a reply to: aethertek

I see why you might think that. I'm not a child predator, but thanks for acting like a child instead of having a mature discussion about a serious issue.

Discussion, pfft that ignorance you spouted is exactly as I stated, only predators would use such an excuse, so stop trying to defend it, end of discussion.

K~

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Obama bending over for a sizable portion of the constituency. Nothing all that surprising with an election coming up.

I am a bi male and I still don't like liberals or Obama.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
a reply to: windword

Obama bending over for a sizable portion of the constituency. Nothing all that surprising with an election coming up.

I am a bi male and I still don't like liberals or Obama.

Any thoughts on "LGBT conversion therapy"?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join